Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eight different testimonies reveal how Pius XII asked at least 49 convents to hide and house Jews, and declared those convents to be extraterritorial areas under the authority of the Vatican, Oversteyns found.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Pius XII was not silent in front of the Shoah nor inactive. He was, instead, very much committed to saving Jewish families, spoke out constantly against the Nazi Regime, and set up a series of formal and informal initiatives that show that he was anything but “Hitler's Pope.”

These are the conclusions of a series of investigations on archive material carried out by Deacon Dominiek Oversteyns, of the Spiritual Family "The Work.”

Continued below.
Expert’s Latest Investigation Dispels Myths About Pius XII and Rome’s Jews

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,780,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yay! I knew it! Just because a man is working quietly behind the scenes and buying people time through tact and care doesn’t make him complicit in evil. Quite the opposite.
I think it was just something many detractors were hoping for. Glad to see none of it was true.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,262,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think it was just something many detractors were hoping for. Glad to see none of it was true.
The myth of 'Hitler's Pope' might finally be put out to pasture. More relevant would be to ask about who Hitler's Muslim friends were (he definitely had them) and how they trained up followers (some rather big names) who are still active today against the Jews. Usually it's crickets about that.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,780,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The myth of 'Hitler's Pope' might finally be put out to pasture. More relevant would be to ask about who Hitler's Muslim friends were (he definitely had them) and how they trained up followers (some rather big names) who are still active today against the Jews. Usually it's crickets about that.
Well it’s because it’s Muslims. The media are not going to touch it. I’ve read that Haj Amin al-Hussein and Hitler were natural friends all based on their common hatred of Jews, etc. A lot of Arabs wanted Germany to win as they thought it would benefit their causes.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0