Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The stories I read about exorcism are a bit troubling to me in this regard: St. Paul didn't go through all the things I see the Roman Catholic exorcists doing. It didn't take Paul three days to cast out a demon. He turned to the demon-possessed girl he confronted in the Book of Acts, said "Begone" and it was gone.

Makes me kinda wonder.

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sometimes seems to me that the mainline churches make a meal of exorcisms but at least they are performing them and anyone involved in them deserves our prayers. Jesus cast out demons by the gallon and it seems a third of his earthly ministry involved deliverance from the demonic and the people of Jesus’ day probably lived better lives than most modern Westerners.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The stories I read about exorcism are a bit troubling to me in this regard: St. Paul didn't go through all the things I see the Roman Catholic exorcists doing. It didn't take Paul three days to cast out a demon. He turned to the demon-possessed girl he confronted in the Book of Acts, said "Begone" and it was gone.

Makes me kinda wonder.

Yes but some need prayer and fasting...Matthew 17:21

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes but some need prayer and fasting...Matthew 17:21

Yes, but not a week of hours and hours of arguing with the demon. My point remains. Where is the power and authority which Paul had so that he cast out a demon with a single word?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but not a week of hours and hours of arguing with the demon. My point remains. Where is the power and authority which Paul had so that he cast out a demon with a single word?

As Yeshua said...it depends on the person's degree of faith

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Makes me kinda wonder.
That you could do better?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Makes me kinda wonder.

When they came to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd around them and the teachers of the law arguing with them. As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him.
“What are you arguing with them about?” he asked.
A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.”
“You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”
So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth.
Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”
“From childhood,” he answered. “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”
The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.
After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.”

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That you could do better?

Yeah, well, that's a real smart-aleck reply, isn't it? Why don't you try answering the concern that I have rather than being cute?

Upvote 0