Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems Aaron got away with his grave sin without any consequence. It was not only that he allowed the creating of the image, he also fashioned it himself. To make matters worse, when Moses comes down from the mountain, Aaron takes no responsibilty, but put it all on the people, from what it looks, a cowardly way. God let 3000 men be killed that day. Why was Aaron spared?

Now when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people assembled about Aaron and said to him, “Come, make us a god who will go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us up from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.” Aaron said to them, “Tear off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, “This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.” Now when Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made a proclamation and said, “Tomorrow shall be a feast to the Lord.” So the next day they rose early and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
— Exodus 32:1-6

Then Moses said to Aaron, “What did this people do to you, that you have brought such great sin upon them?” Aaron said, “Do not let the anger of my lord burn; you know the people yourself, that they are prone to evil.
— Exodus 32:21-22

then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered together to him. He said to them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Every man of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp, and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.’” So the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fell that day.
— Exodus 32:26-28

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems Aaron got away with his grave sin without any consequence. It was not only that he allowed the creating of the image, he also fashioned it himself. To make matters worse, when Moses comes down from the mountain, Aaron takes no responsibilty, but put it all on the people, from what it looks, a cowardly way. God let 3000 men be killed that day. Why was Aaron spared?

Now when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people assembled about Aaron and said to him, “Come, make us a god who will go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us up from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.” Aaron said to them, “Tear off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, “This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.” Now when Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made a proclamation and said, “Tomorrow shall be a feast to the Lord.” So the next day they rose early and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
— Exodus 32:1-6

Then Moses said to Aaron, “What did this people do to you, that you have brought such great sin upon them?” Aaron said, “Do not let the anger of my lord burn; you know the people yourself, that they are prone to evil.
— Exodus 32:21-22

then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered together to him. He said to them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Every man of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp, and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.’” So the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fell that day.
— Exodus 32:26-28
I think that he learned an important lesson that guided him in his future as high priest. He learned not to be manipulated by public pressure and to be a leader by setting an example of faithfulness. From that point he understood the importance of the position that he had been trusted to fill. He also immediately repented which those who died did not do. He did not live to see the promise land, he lost two sons, and he had difficulties throughout his lifetime so it can be said that he did not get off without experiencing some punishment.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that he learned an important lesson that guided him in his future as high priest. He learned not to be manipulated by public pressure and to be a leader by setting an example of faithfulness. From that point he understood the importance of the position that he had been trusted to fill. He also immediately repented which those who died did not do. He did not live to see the promise land, he lost two sons, and he had difficulties throughout his lifetime so it can be said that he did not get off without experiencing some punishment.

I didn't know about his sons. Thanks for the info!

It also says that God was very angry with Aaron and Moses prayed for him so God wouldn't destroy him. (Deuteronomy 9:20)

Last edited:
Upvote 0