Excited about 2023! The year of increase.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If you are speaking of ministry. Paul made it clear. Ministry takes hard work and effort on the persons part.
Yes, anyone who says faith or trust is not hard work, just hasn't met people.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are speaking of ministry. Paul made it clear. Ministry takes hard work and effort on the persons part.
I'm not saying that there isn't work involved, but the counter to that is that unless the Lord builds the house the worker labors in vain, and anything that we do in our own strength is filthy.

I've been in that place where the burden of my work was so light that I worked to exhaustion and didn't realize it until it was all over and I sat down.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, you didn't quote Ephesians 2:8 immediately. So I'll believe it.
Yep. We are saved by grace through faith and not of works. But our sanctification invoices the particular works that God has ordained for us, ie: prayer, study of God's word, loving others, being involved in fellowship with others, and making disciples for Christ. One cannot do these particular works unless they have already been justified by their faith in Christ. One has to have the fruit of the Spirit to be able to do these things successfully. Having the fruit of the Spirit puts us right outside of the Law, which was designed under the Old Covenant to maintain right standing with God along with the blood sacrifices. The works of sanctification produce love to God and others, joy in seeing others blessed by what we do for them, peace knowing that we are walking in the will of God by whatever we decide to do, kindness, gentleness, patience, goodness, and faithfulness in how we go about doing things for God and others, and self control to make sure that we are not compulsive and obsessive in our religiousness.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yep. We are saved by grace through faith and not of works. But our sanctification invoices the particular works that God has ordained for us, ie: prayer, study of God's word, loving others, being involved in fellowship with others, and making disciples for Christ. One cannot do these particular works unless they have already been justified by their faith in Christ. One has to have the fruit of the Spirit to be able to do these things successfully. Having the fruit of the Spirit puts us right outside of the Law, which was designed under the Old Covenant to maintain right standing with God along with the blood sacrifices. The works of sanctification produce love to God and others, joy in seeing others blessed by what we do for them, peace knowing that we are walking in the will of God by whatever we decide to do, kindness, gentleness, patience, goodness, and faithfulness in how we go about doing things for God and others, and self control to make sure that we are not compulsive and obsessive in our religiousness.
This is not what I was talking about though. So it's still a rant.

I was talking about the work of ministry, not the salvation requirements.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is not what I was talking about though. So it's still a rant.

I was talking about the work of ministry, not the salvation requirements.
As Shakespeare said: "I'll grant ye!"

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2C62AD15-34D5-4F00-A829-41EE4093263B.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know in places like China over a million come to Christ each month yet in places like US over the past few years around 40 million have walked away from the faith. From what I have been hearing prophecy wise 2023 more rights will be taken away from Christians. There are some (prophesy) out there that do not flow together. Always find the ones where the next year will be..well all these good things going to happen. Its what the people expect to hear. Like 40 million walking away its true yet where we live Churches are growing just packed. Home Churches are growing. People leaving Churches looking for what use to be.. the home Church. Yet this too was foretold would be happening.. and it is.

When Christ said the fields are white ready it was said seen through out time.. as in now. To many preach to each other and get so easily offended making it about self not Christ.. WE don't witness to the lost we pass every day. Its still about self. Love love music and the song if you want to be great in Gods kingdom be the servant of all.

Getting Started.. Camp..
And yet we seen 3,500 churches open in Europe and and additional 30,000 in Asia.

Churches in the US often make the mistake of trying to reach members of other churches. While there are many who are lost living all around them.

Large churches have issues, just like home churches do. I have yet to see a home church with a wide reach, likewise there are few large churches that get personally involved in people lives like home-churches do.

The most function that I have seen and been a part of are the ones that have a robust home church organization with the main church.

We are the Church - capital C

There are many churches - lower case c.

The New Testament plainly showed that there were both home churches and churches of hundred and even thousands. Historians tell us that Timothy’s church number over 13,000.

It does not matter if it is a gathering of 10 or 10,000.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Albania - here we come, just eight weeks away - followed by Athens, Thessaloniki and Crete this summer - the Nigeria, Germany and Egypt in the fall.

There is so very much to do and so little time to get it done!

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Albania - here we come, just eight weeks away - followed by Athens, Thessaloniki and Crete this summer - the Nigeria, Germany and Egypt in the fall.

There is so very much to do and so little time to get it done!
I'm something akin to jealous, but with 0 malice. I hope you are blessed and a blessing. I have no doubt that God will be with you, mightily.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm something akin to jealous, but with 0 malice. I hope you are blessed and a blessing. I have no doubt that God will be with you, mightily.
Thank you - it's 35 years in the making. I appreciate your prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am super excited about 2023.
I appreciate your zeal.
The time for being huddled in our little group - being a spectator - or staying away from church is drawing to a close.
Let's close it.
helped train ministers in 19 different nations
What tips and advice can you give those who have less experience with ministering?

I would be excited to see a thread dedicated specifically to this subject.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I leave tomorrow Wednesday, for Albania. Just a little praise report. When I fly, I always purchase Economy tickets, sitting by the window first row behind the bulkhead. More leg room and I can prop my pillow on the window to sleep.

The return flight was the one I was a little antsy about because the Economy fare brought me on a really long return. Albania to London to Los Angeles to Dallas and then home to Tulsa. The London to Los Angeles leg is 11.5 hours in flight. Yeesh! At 63, it takes a toll on me physically and Economy seats are not exactly made for ultimate comfort.

Here is the praise report. American Airlines contacted me by email this am about a change on my ticket. Not something you really want to read at 5:30am the day before the flight. They issued a complimentary upgrade for all segments of flights, both outgoing and incoming! In the past, it was an offer involving miles and some cash - this time it is complimentary. So for the 1,800.00 cost of an economy ticket, I am now flying a 9,700.00 Business and First Class ticket.

I am pumped up!

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I leave tomorrow Wednesday, for Albania. Just a little praise report. When I fly, I always purchase Economy tickets, sitting by the window first row behind the bulkhead. More leg room and I can prop my pillow on the window to sleep.

The return flight was the one I was a little antsy about because the Economy fare brought me on a really long return. Albania to London to Los Angeles to Dallas and then home to Tulsa. The London to Los Angeles leg is 11.5 hours in flight. Yeesh! At 63, it takes a toll on me physically and Economy seats are not exactly made for ultimate comfort.

Here is the praise report. American Airlines contacted me by email this am about a change on my ticket. Not something you really want to read at 5:30am the day before the flight. They issued a complimentary upgrade for all segments of flights, both outgoing and incoming! In the past, it was an offer involving miles and some cash - this time it is complimentary. So for the 1,800.00 cost of an economy ticket, I am now flying a 9,700.00 Business and First Class ticket.

I am pumped up!
Praise God!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Albania was amazing! - A little issue with storms over Dallas delayed my travel a day, but it was an amazing time and the students were very receptive.

Three major things since I last noted:

1. Our student population has hit 22,000 globally - that is a 10% increase over last year!
2. I head to Athens and Thessaloniki in just six weeks and am ready to go!
3. We have just been appointed lead Pastors at our church and the church has grown by 12% in just 4 months!

God is doing something amazing and increase in 2023 is happening globally!

Upvote 0