• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

excise tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N67896

Jul 2, 2005
✟7,857.00
Faith
Catholic
Sis, I'm wondering if we might have a terminology-mismatch problem here.

Any chance you might be referring to what we across the pond call a Stress Test? The one where you have more wires hanging off you than your computer presently does, and then they make you exercise so they can see how your heart reacts?

Yeah. Did one a coupla days ago. I can even tell you what happens when you fail the test. If that's the one you mean, I'll give you all the details I can.

Upvote 0

N67896

Jul 2, 2005
✟7,857.00
Faith
Catholic
Sister, I really want to be positive about this. But I understand your worry.

The fact is that there are diseases out there that attack us with no warning whatsoever, and show no symptoms whatsoever until they've nearly overwhelmed us. So, "putting on the full armour of God" is something we should do Before we think we're at war.

Ok, the test. Two kinds.

The basic one is where they stick a half-dozen or so leads to your upper body, then look at the electrical patterns. Totally painless...until they try to rip them off, lol. Some band-aids come off easily, others don't. Anyway, they will next put you on a treadmill and slowly make it more taxing. They're trying to elevate your heart-rate. If there is a blockage of 70% or more somewhere, they'll be able to see it in the electrical patterns.

The procedure is non-invasive and no more painful than a brisk walk. (If you are physically unable to work-out, they may opt to elevate your heart chemically. Never heard what that's like, but I discouraged them from trying it on me.)

The other kind is a nuclear test.

You will fast prior to it, and they will inject a very low dose radioactive substance into your veins. Then they'll have a special machine "take pictures." You'll rest, do the treadmill, get another injection, and have the machine do more "pictures." They have a bit more chance of discovering a blockage that way.

It all sounds spooky, but the biggest challenge is getting over the fear...and of course, the needle.

I "failed" my most recent test, but won't share details with you unless you want me to.

It seems your issue right now is with "worry." Speaking not as a medical professional, but as a patient, I'd tell you the test is not a problem. A brisk walk, perhaps a needle prick, then lying on your back as a machine hovers over you "taking pictures." You'll do fine; and as a Christian, you have a Source of comfort before, during, and after the test that the world knows nothing about.

God bless you.
-----

I feel compelled to add this after-thought: At the Name of Jesus, every knee shall bow. His is the Name above every other name and every other thing that is named. In other words: the Name Jesus is stronger than the thing named Heart Disease, stronger than the thing named Cancer, stronger than the thing named Fear.

Use the Name. Speak it out loud over and over and over, both now and when you go through your tests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.