Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood...John 6:53, Part 3, going through the chapter.

Bob corrigan

May 3, 2022
San Antonio
✟30,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm going to start with verse 14.

The Jews see the feeding and believe that Yeshua is the promised Messiah the Pharisees taught, the one who provide never-ending food. They were positive that Yeshua was the Prophet Moses wrote of, Deut 18:15.

Vs. 15 Yeshua knew the thoughts of men.

Vs. 16-21 The storm and Yeshua walked on water. Yeshua went to the synagogue.

Vs. 22-24 The Jews figure out where Yeshua was and went to his location.

Vs. 25-26 One of the things I enjoy about Yeshua was that he didn't engage in small talk or pointless conversations. He wouldn't debate anything. He was a man driven by his reason for being here. He didn't come to make friends, fit in or try to be popular. The Jews, amazed at how fast Yeshua had traveled, wanted to find out how he accomplished this feat. But Yeshua immediately addressed their wrong motivation for seeking him. He told them that it wasn't because of the miracles they sought him out. When Yeshua did miracles, it either validated to the sheep that Yeshua was indeed sent by Jehovah or opened the eyes of the new sheep that Yeshua was the promised Messiah. (John 3:2) The miracles that Yeshua performed never "convinced" an unbeliever to become a believer. Only unbelievers asked Yeshua to "give a sign" by doing a miracle." Yeshua knew what these men were thinking, that he was the "pretend" Messiah the Pharisees had made up. He told the men, point blank, "You are only here because you ate until you were full."

Vs. 27 Yeshua immediately begins to teach. Yeshua taught the same message to all people. He didn't try to tailor a message for this group and another message for that group. If your version reads "meat," it should read "food." Right off the bat, Yeshua is bringing into play the spiritual vs. the physical, and then, what should have been very familiar to these Jewish men, the theme of "eating the food, the word of Jehovah." When Yeshua said, "him who the Father has sealed," it meant that as a court document is stamped with a seal, he was the legitimate, approved official working under and with the authority of Jehovah, that he was the "real deal."

Vs. 28 These men, who had grown up under the teaching of the Pharisees and scribes, believed that serving God and being blessed by God only resulted after performing "outward" acts of righteousness, doing works.

Vs. 29 Yeshua told them that the one work, the only thing Jehovah required, was to believe on him.

I want to point out something concerning salvation. People are told they have to "accept Christ," "Make Jesus their personal Lord and Saviour," "invite Jesus into your heart," and other little catchphrases that "allow" God to save them. If we look at Acts 16:26-31, the jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved." What was he told? "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ..." Hmm, Yeshua told the men that the only thing required was to believe on him. Paul and Silas told the jailer to believe on Yeshua. We see the same thing taught in John 1:12, 3:16, 9:36-38, 11:27, and 20:30. In these verses; there is no mention of "accepting Christ," "Inviting Jesus into your heart," etc. I have never seen any of the things people are told to do to "get saved" actually spoken by anyone in Scripture. When Jesus talked to the thief on the cross, the thief "didn't admit he was a sinner."
I haven't found any of these phrases in Scripture. Why are people being told they must say "such and such" to "get saved," yet there are no verses to base these "phrases" on! None of the phrases mention "believing in/on Yeshua." Why are people being told to say "such and such" when there is no biblical basis or example of "such and such?" Just wondering, is all.

Vs. 30-31 While most of the crowd had witnessed the miracle feeding, some showed up who hadn't seen the miracle. These would have been spies sent by the Pharisees and/or priests. Yeshua had been on the radar of the RDL soon after he began his work, and the fact that he was already drawing crowds wherever he went made some many religious leaders jealous and alarmed. All of the conflicts Yeshua had were with members of the RDL. They were always trying to trip Yeshua up or tried to bring shame on him, to lose face among those who followed him. These were the ones who asked Yeshua what sign (miracle) would he preform to show that he was sent by Jehovah.

"Our fathers did eat manna in the desert. As it is written, "He (Moses) gave them bread from heaven to eat!"

Remember, it was taught that it was Moses who brought manna down from heaven. They go so far as to claim that this was written in Scripture.

Vs32-34 Jesus said, "No, Moses did not give bread from heaven! But now my Father is giving you the true (spiritual) bread from heaven. That bread of Jehovah is he which came down from heaven and gives (eternal) life unto the world (world of believers). The Jewish men who had witnessed the feeding said to Yeshua, "Sir! Give us this bread forever!"

They totally whiffed on what Yeshua had said! They were thinking of physical bread so that they would never be hungry. They missed that Yeshua said he was that bread, the true bread of heaven, and that he was the spiritual bread that would lead to eternal life.

Vs 35-37 Yeshua tells them, "I am the bread of life. Those that come to me will never hunger and he that believes on me will never thirst. (talking with spiritual meaning, and has moved away from eating into speaking of salvation) But, as I already said, 'You have seen me with your own eyes, but you don't believe,' Understand this, all of those (the sheep) that the Father has given to me WILL COME TO ME. Any that comes to me, I will never reject.

Here is another aspect of salvation that is not known or mentioned. You have to be given to Yeshua by the Father. All of those given to Yeshua WILL GO TO YESHUA! Will turn to Yeshua!

John 10:25-28 "I told you before, and you didn't believe. The works I do in my Father's name bear witness of me (Who I say I am), But you DONT BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF MY SHEEP. My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I will give them eternal life, and they will never be destroyed, neither will any man (false teacher) pluck them out of my hand.

You have to be a sheep first before you can hear the voice of Yeshua! Which means you have to be born as a sheep. No, it's not like some teach that if you hear and respond to the voice of Jesus, you then become a sheep. You have to be a sheep first before you can hear and respond to Yeshua. If you are not a sheep, you will never, never, never believe in/on Yeshua or believe anything he teaches.

Vs. 38-40 For I didn't come down from heaven in my own name, to do my will. I came to do (obey) the will of Him that sent me. This is the Father's will: All of those, every single one, which He has given to me, not one will be lost! And I will raise everyone who the Father gave to me unto eternal life on Judgement Day. And this also is the Father's will, that everyone who see's the Son and BELIEVES on him will receive everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

(There it is once again, salvation is tied to believing in Yeshua, not "accepting him.")

Vs. 41 The Jews were grumbling among themselves because Yeshua had said, "I am the bread which came down from heaven." The Jews didn't hear anything else Yeshua said after the statement, "I am the bread of life." They didn't even catch the spiritual meaning of "I am the bread of life." Those Jews grumbling were natural men, goats. Men who could not hear or understand anything spiritual. (Mat 13:11 Because it is given to you (sheep) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. But, it is not given to them. Is 44:18 They have not known or understood. For Jehovah has shut their eyes so they cannot see. He has shut their minds so they cannot understand.)
who
Vs. 42 Now, even the miracle has been forgotten and the Jews have the attitude, "Who does he think he is?" Mk 6:4 A prophet is without honor in his own country, among his own people, and even his own family. We have gone from an eager crowd asking, "Tell us what works we have to do," to outrage and offense.

Vs. 43 Jeshua knew what they were grumbling about and told them to stop it.

Vs. 44 No man can come to me except the Father draw him..." Draw is translated from the Greek word helko. This word does not mean "invite," "urge," or "nudge." It means: to drag, to draw away against one's will. Or in this case, "to drag to Yeshua." This Greek verb is in the passive voice, which shows an action being done upon the subject. Perhaps it can be compared to a moth being irresistibly drawn to light.
Yeshua is like a rhino moving through a herd of goats. He doesn't care what these goats think. He doesn't try to placate them, address their complaint, explain it to them or defend his words. He continues to put the truth out there, knowing that the sheep in that crowd and the sheep 2000 years later will hear his voice and follow him. Yeshua is still explaining salvation, explaining who will come to him. Yeshua was not there to make friends or build bridges.

Vs. 45 It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall be all taught of God.' (Is 54:13) Every man that has heard and learned of the Father comes unto me."

Let's recap what we have learned about who is saved:
1. You have to believe in Yeshua.
2. You have to be a sheep.
3. You have to be given to Yeshua by Jehovah.
4. Jehovah has to drag you to Yeshua.
5. You believe that any miracle done by Yeshua merely validates that he is the Messiah.
6. You believe that Yeshua was sent by Jehovah.
7. You have to believe that Yeshua was sealed by Jehovah.
8. You have to have been taught by Jehovah, heard, and learned of Jehovah.

A lot more to salvation than just following the Roman's Road. In other words, in order for salvation to be in someone's life, they have to meet the listed conditions. This means that not anybody who "wants," "chooses," or "decides" to "get saved" is going to be saved!

John 1:12-13 "...Which were born (anew) not because of bloodline, (as the Jews believed), not because of THE WILL OF THE FLESH, (Not because you "want," "desire" to get saved), not because of (drumroll please) THE WILL OF MAN! (because you "chose" or "decide to" "get saved," or "allow God to save you," "give God permission to save you," or "make the choice to receive the "gift" of salvation," BUT OF GOD! Vs. 13 destroys the whole concept of the idea that it is a person's individual will that determines whether or not he/she "gets saved." It is God's will as to who He has chosen to save.

John 3:19-21 And this is the condemnation, that light has come among the people of the world. Some men love darkness rather than light because their deeds (works) are evil. For every one that practices evil, hates the light, and will not come to the light. But he that does truth comes to the light..."

End of part 3

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of the things I enjoy about Yeshua was that he didn't engage in small talk or pointless conversations. He wouldn't debate anything.
If everyone followed His example and teaching,
95% of forum would be gone.

Upvote 0