Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
hehe. i tried replying to this three times. each time it took me too long. so here's the simple reply:

Yes, there is going to be a new heaven and earth, however, it's "newness" will be a "Renewal" as Jesus himself calls it - in fact, the very earth you are standing on now will be remade into the New Earth! :) The New Heaven will be remade to include both the skies, and also in a sense of Heaven finally being on Earth as the whole thing suddenly takes on a view of the New Jerusalem as described in Revelation!

Upvote 0
The Bible refers to three "heavens," both in Genesis, and in one of Paul's epistles (1 Cor I think...).

Anyway, the idea is that the sky is the first heaven. Space is the 2nd...and traditional "heaven" is the third.

3rd heaven is the True heaven, the one Christ came down from, yet, they are interrelated. But its not like Heaven is way off in space somewhere, either. "The Kingdom of God is near"! It's just important to keep in mind that "heaven" can refer to three different things, so check out the context. :D

Personally, I'm not so sure Jesus was so literal about "renewal" meaning "made from the same stuff" so much as "made like new," but its not really important. What is important is that we will no longer be made of dust, but of heaven itself! (1 Cor 15:40-52) (and I don't think Paul means the sky!)God's glory will be in us and around us, and the new heaven and earth will be inseperable for we "will serve Him day and night in His temple" and "He will spread His tent over us" and "wipe away every tear from our eyes"! That's what's important! :clap:

Peace to all who seek it,
<><

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2004
WA
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't think the Bible says He is going to just destroy everything and start a-new, rather, He is going to restore it. The earth existed without form, that doesn't mean it had land, it just said it existed without form and that the Holy Spirit brooded over the waters. For all we know the earth when it began could have been a huge ball of water (if that makes sense). But God will merely destroy all this fleshly world's surface and restore it. Not recreate, but restore. God's good at that, He doesn't upgrade stuff, nor does He recreate things, He just restores it to it's origional form. Like man, for instance we'll be like Adam, except we'll have a deeper knowledge of love. I think He'll also restore the sky as well.
God Bless

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
lucypevensie said:
So, where will the streets of gold be and the gate made out of a single pearl? Is that going to be on this planet?
I belive that it will be and I take the book of Revelation to be mostly literal.:
REV 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

REV 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

REV 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,

REV 21:4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

REV 21:5 And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."

REV 21:6 Then He said to me, " It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

REV 21:7 " He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

REV 21:8 " But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

REV 21:9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, " Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

The New Jerusalem

REV 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

REV 21:11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.

REV 21:12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.

REV 21:13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west.

REV 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

REV 21:15 The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall.

REV 21:16 The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal.

REV 21:17 And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements.

REV 21:18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.

REV 21:19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;

REV 21:20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.

REV 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

REV 21:22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

REV 21:23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

REV 21:24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.

REV 21:25 In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed;

REV 21:26 and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it;

REV 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

The River and the Tree of Life

REV 22:1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,

REV 22:2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

REV 22:3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him;

REV 22:4 they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

REV 22:5 And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

REV 22:6 And he said to me, " These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

REV 22:7 "And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."

REV 22:8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

REV 22:9 But he *said to me, "Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God."

I take this entire passage literaly but that is just my opinion. we will not know what heaven is truly going to be like untill we see it ourselves. Tho taking His track record for fullfilling prophecies i think that this one will come to pass also.

Peace be with all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Tenorvoice said:
I belive that it will be and I take the book of Revelation to be mostly literal.:
REV 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

At a Prophecy Conference I attended a couple of weeks ago, the word "sea" was explained to generally mean "gentiles". The wonderful meaning I get from this sentence now is that we Christians will finally be thoroughly grafted in to the Hebrew people so that we no longer exist as Gentiles. We believers will all be Hebrews! Very interesting!

And I believe that it's two new physical places! :clap:

Reactions: Tenorvoice
Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
herzblutx88 said:
How can you have a get made from a single pearl? Will it be so big that its sliced in the shape of a gate or will it be a giant one that rolls out of the way?!

Hi there!

:wave:

You're talking about God, where nothing is impossible.

The book of Revelation speaks of the gates and of people entering and leaving the New Jerusalem... so those gates are open.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Gary B

Sep 16, 2003
Maine
✟417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Theopneustos3_16 said:
I don't think the Bible says He is going to just destroy everything and start a-new, rather, He is going to restore it. The earth existed without form, that doesn't mean it had land, it just said it existed without form and that the Holy Spirit brooded over the waters. For all we know the earth when it began could have been a huge ball of water (if that makes sense). But God will merely destroy all this fleshly world's surface and restore it. Not recreate, but restore. God's good at that, He doesn't upgrade stuff, nor does He recreate things, He just restores it to it's origional form. Like man, for instance we'll be like Adam, except we'll have a deeper knowledge of love. I think He'll also restore the sky as well.
God Bless

Peter the Apostle said different:

2Pe 3:10-12 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Got to get rid of the Old to bring in the New...

Reactions: Tenorvoice
Upvote 0