Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Howdy all you evolutionists. I have looked in on some of these threads, and not surprisingly found a common thread to many posts.

Most of you HAVE IT BACKWARDS!

Look my friends, it is this simple, ready:

NEITHER YOU OR I WERE THERE!!! <~~~ :wave: Hello!?

Since that is the case, then you and I are both having FAITH in something. We Christians are just letting you know that if you stay with your faith in atheistic evolution you will wind up on fire for all eternity. So what am I saying?

1. ) We can not prove Creation to you because we were not there and can not take you back into time to show you Genesis 1:1. You also don't have a time machine so you can't prove evolution.

2. ) Here is the most substantial argument for Creation. Ready? Three days after Messiah was crucified, He rose up from the dead. This is the one (1) sign that God said He'd give you. When Jesus of Nazareth rose up from the dead He proved that everything in the Bible was true. That includes Genesis 1:1.

Start at the resurrection and go from there. The RESURRECTION is the STARTING POINT!!!

If Jesus Christ rose up from the dead; then Genesis is absolutely true. Guess what? HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD!

SOLI DEO GLORIA.

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
1. ) We can not prove Creation to you because we were not there and can not take you back into time to show you Genesis 1:1. You also don't have a time machine so you can't prove evolution.

2. ) Here is the most substantial argument for Creation. Ready? Three days after Messiah was crucified, He rose up from the dead. This is the one (1) sign that God said He'd give you. When Jesus of Nazareth rose up from the dead He proved that everything in the Bible was true. That includes Genesis 1:1.
What we can do though, is compare and contrast both philosophical frameworks to see which one the empirical data agrees with most. And until evolutionists can agree with me on this point, there is really no objectivity on their side.

SOLI DEO GLORIA.

Amen.

Upvote 0

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship

If Jesus Christ rose up from the dead; then Genesis is absolutely true. Guess what? HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD!

Did he really rise up from the dead? In your own words, NEITHER YOU OR I WERE THERE!!!

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Howdy all you evolutionists. I have looked in on some of these threads, and not surprisingly found a common thread to many posts.

Since that is the case, then you and I are both having FAITH in something. We Christians are just letting you know that if you stay with your faith in atheistic evolution you will wind up on fire for all eternity. So what am I saying?

Start at the resurrection and go from there. The RESURRECTION is the STARTING POINT!!!

SOLI DEO GLORIA.
Wow... that's ignorant. If Jesus rose up from the dead then most likely he just wasn't really dead. It has nothing to do with creation at all. Hello!? Then you have to show that the Gospels were written by men who weren't answering earlier "prophecies". So much for the "signs"... None of this is anything. It's nonsense if it doesn't agree with the evidence around us. May as well be reading the "Three Little Pigs."

By the way... make sure to excuse yourself from a murder trial. After all, you won't be able to convict anyone since you weren't there.

Really ignorant.

Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker

Sorry. I have no Faith in your Beliefs nor could you convince me to do so. So, whether or not you believe I'm going to Hell had absolutely no meaning to me nor does it Influance what I believe in God.

No. But we have the next best thing.

Rather, it doesn't. So, what was you point again?

SOLI DEO GLORIA.

Nice Starting point. So lets go from there, Prove it happened without using the Bible.

Upvote 0

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What we can do though, is compare and contrast both philosophical frameworks to see which one the empirical data agrees with most. And until evolutionists can agree with me on this point, there is really no objectivity on their side.
I don't get it. Are we not supposed to use our senses to observe the world around us? Should everyone study science by going into a dark room and meditating until the Truth comes to us?

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Philosophy is useless as is the Bible when it comes to biology and astronomy. All you need to do is DO THE WORK. Instead you just whine and whine and whine that science doesn't conform to what you want it to be. Who cares? It's open to all, just DO THE WORK and it's open to even you. You want to show the earth is the center of the solar system, DO THE WORK Richard, just get your hands dirty and DO THE WORK.

Of course you'll be ridiculed. But so was Einstein. If you so strongly believe in what you put forth DO THE WORK. It's not my job to be objective toward your opinions, it's my job to defend what I think the evidence shows is right and it's your job to convince me with evidence that you're right. So far you're sucking at it.

Upvote 0

Logic_Fault

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi Ubique
Dec 16, 2004
✟16,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do tell.

Neither were the investigators, lab techs or any other forensic scientists present at the commission of most crimes. Odd then that they can come to conclusions about what happened despite not having been there to see it happen.

In other words, you don't have to have been there; evidence will exist if an event took place.

Since that is the case, then you and I are both having FAITH in something.
You have faith; we have evidence.

We Christians are just letting you know that if you stay with your faith in atheistic evolution you will wind up on fire for all eternity.
Prove it.

So what am I saying?
Typical creationist tripe as far as I can tell. With a smattering of evangelism for good measure it appears.

You can't "prove" it because there's no evidence for it. Evolution has plenty of evidence to support it's claims.

By the way, evolution is still occurring so you don't need a time machine to see anything at all. Aside from that, evolution has nothing to do with the origins of the universe, Earth or life.

2. ) Here is the most substantial argument for Creation. Ready? Three days after Messiah was crucified, He rose up from the dead.
Bwahahahahahaha!:D

Oh, I'm sorry. You were probably being serious, right?

That's neither proof of, nor evidence for, creation. It's not even a verifiable historical event.

This is the one (1) sign that God said He'd give you. When Jesus of Nazareth rose up from the dead He proved that everything in the Bible was true. That includes Genesis 1:1.
The resurrection is not even proven, let alone the rest of the Bible's claims.

Try again.

Fine. Prove it.

The first sentence is a non-sequiter and the rest is an unsupported assertion.

SOLI DEO GLORIA.
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI UBIQUE.;)

Reactions: Oonna
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't get it. Are we not supposed to use our senses to observe the world around us? Should everyone study science by going into a dark room and meditating until the Truth comes to us?
That's how religion would prefer it, yes. And while you're young they'd like to feed you Genesis so that you grow up believing. Give religionists a child and they will own the adult. Look around here.

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Amen.
I love your tag line. Yes, NIETZSCHE IS DEAD!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow... that's ignorant. If Jesus rose up from the dead then most likely he just wasn't really dead. It has nothing to do with creation at all. Hello!? Then you have to show that the Gospels were written by men who weren't answering earlier "prophecies". So much for the "signs"... None of this is anything. It's nonsense if it doesn't agree with the evidence around us. May as well be reading the "Three Little Pigs."

By the way... make sure to excuse yourself from a murder trial. After all, you won't be able to convict anyone since you weren't there.

Really ignorant.
No, it is not ignorant. It is wonderful.

I can show you all the holes in evolution. The standard holes that the evolutionists have had no answer for since evolution has been around. But what will that get me? Every time I show you that the "theory" of evolution is weak and can not be supported you will just close your eyes and stuff your fingers in your ears and start chanting your mantra, "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?"....ad nauseum.

So I will take you to the Nazarene who came here to love and shed His blood for sins. The Holy One of Israel. God in human flesh who never once lied. Who's love is unfathomable. Who's caring nail pierced hands are out stretched and inviting. Who's warmth and kindness know no bounds.

Yes, I will take you to Him who's name is I AM SALVATION. He is our starting point.

Upvote 0

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I can show you all the holes in evolution. The standard holes that the evolutionists have had no answer for since evolution has been around. But what will that get me? Every time I show you that the "theory" of evolution is weak and can not be supported you will just close your eyes and stuff your fingers in your ears and start chanting your mantra, "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?"....ad nauseum.
Ok, I'm game. What holes?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So I will take you to the Nazarene who came here to love and shed His blood for sins. The Holy One of Israel. God in human flesh who never once lied. Who's love is unfathomable. Who's caring nail pierced hands are out stretched and inviting. Who's warmth and kindness know no bounds.

Yes, I will take you to Him who's name is I AM SALVATION. He is our starting point.

Are you saying you are going to kill us?

You are wrong. Let me demonstrate why:

The killing of J. F. Kennedy never happened. Oh sure, we have evidence for his death, the video of his killing for example, but clearly that is fake evidence planted by the illuminati. The truth is, JFK was kidnapped by aliens the night before this all seemed to happen.

You don't believe me? Well, WERE YOU THERE?!

So as neither you nor I was there, so we both have faith.

But there are two reasons to believe me and just all this fake evidence planted by the illuminati for you.

1: )I have this 3.000 words internet essay, translated from french into german into russian into english, in 4 slightly different versions, that says that JFK was kidnapped by aliens.

2: ) A lobotomy is the starting point.

I hope at least someone in here sees the fallacy, I am sure you won't.

Upvote 0

z3ro

Veteran
Jun 30, 2004
chicago
✟17,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Shield, you've got it all wrong. I was there, at the beginning of the universe, I watched it all start 4.5 billion years ago. Who are you to say I wasn't there? You weren't there (I'd know). There's no way you can refute this without refuting your own arguments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ

This is a blatant mischaracterization of what goes on here ShieldOFaith. This is false witness and you know it..

Scientists deal with data that is objective and can be verified. This data and conclusions are put forth here all the time. They are avoided it like the plague. It has become fairly obvious that you just don't understand the evidence, the theory, or science in general.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Unless you wish to actually discuss this evidence, your lies, ignorance, and mischaracterizations won't really convince anyone of anything.

Reactions: The Nihilist
Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Can I stop you there for a sec? Looking at your avatar I noted you have a police shield. Presumably you are a policeman or have some respect for what police do?

Did you realize that police investigators and detectives usually weren't at the scene of the crimes when the crimes were committed?

It's TRUE! Unless you live in certain cities, most police were not standing their viewing the crime as it went down.

This is called deductive reasoning. Police use it all the time. Scientists do too.

So if you must pursue this line of thinking then please work to stop all criminal investigations since they are all "faith based".

-Sigh-

That is so sad. Please read Tertullians De Spectaculis chapter XXX so you can see how to REALLY ladle on the big threat of hellfire.

You are an amatuer in this area. You could learn from a pro.

If you're gonna do it, do it right!

Please stop now! This isn't how science works. Science develops the best fit models for the data available. Only religion thinks it has PROVEN anything beyond any doubt. And even then religion does it by actively ignoring the evidence.

2. ) Here is the most substantial argument for Creation. Ready? Three days after Messiah was crucified, He rose up from the dead.

Fine and dandy! Good start. Now prove it happened. AND then prove it was actually a miracle!

I think you'd be doing quite well if you could prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the most important human-deity to ever walk to earth for all eternity ever even existed.

That would be really really nice. We aren't talking about Moshe Six-Pack, we're talking about God Incarnate. Such a great being (greater than any that can even be conceived) should have left a pretty impressive footprint.

Otherwise God would leave this whole plan open to overwhelming doubt...thus leading to a lot of nice people "on fire for all eternity" as you say.

And I should think God wouldn't want that to happen. But who knows?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Would you believe, "Wonderfully ignorant"?

I can show you all the holes in evolution. The standard holes that the evolutionists have had no answer for since evolution has been around.

No, you can't.

But what will that get me?

Most likely laughed at by every thinking person on the board.

Every time I show you that the "theory" of evolution is weak and can not be supported you will just close your eyes and stuff your fingers in your ears and start chanting your mantra, "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?" "So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?"....ad nauseum.

Prove it. Put up or shut up.

You weren't there! :wave: And if you were, you've yet to prove yourself to be at all qualified to bring anyone to this person.

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I can show you all the holes in evolution.

In your OP you already prettily handily indicated that you don't understand much about science in general, so I'd love to see how you handle actual detailed science!

The standard holes that the evolutionists have had no answer for since evolution has been around. But what will that get me?

Let me guess: a sound trouncing by the many evolutionary biologists and scientists here? Yeah, I bet that's it. You better keep your "standard holes" for your own personal enjoyment.

Every time I show you that the "theory" of evolution is weak and can not be supported you will just close your eyes and stuff your fingers in your ears and start chanting your mantra,

Actually the second a Creationist bothers to even try to post a "fact" (something they almost never do, because they don't understand the science) it is not ignored, it is usually addressed really fast and with a ton of data to indicate it is wrong.

So, you'd be wrong on this one too. You've not been around the CREVO board very much, have you?

"So all these men with degrees on their walls are wrong?"

I'm not a biologist, but I do have a wall full of degrees in geology. You think you can take on a PhD geologist on a geologic topic? Like the YEC stand in re Genesis or the Flood?

I'd like to see that.

Isn't his name Emmanuel, God with us?:)

Which version of the Bible do you have?

Reactions: Molal
Upvote 0