Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was given my summons for eviction today, have 5 days to respond. I already viewed the case file and pulled the law library information for the case, and I have a draft of an answer to the case. If all goes well, I'm confident that I can win this case. Please pray for:

1. Clarity for me, so that I can find my copies of all of the eviction notices that my dad has given my over the years. I saved them, but in all of the shuffling of papers over the years, I'm not sure where they are. Finding them would strengthen my case. I hope I wasn't stupid enough to throw them all away.

2. Wisdom for the legal aid society that is going to help me tomorrow, to improve my draft answer to the summons. Please pray that I can get an attorney to help me with the case.

3. And of course, pray for victory. A father should not be evicting his daughter from somewhere when she's struggling, and especially not before unbelievers.

Thanks!

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I pray your Father will be convicted by God to be a good parent, a loving father, a born-again Christian. Or at the very least , be constrained by the Holy Spirit so that God's mercy is made known to all.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the prayers everyone!

I have filed an answer to the lawsuit yesterday, and I was able to find some of the eviction notices. Please keep me in prayer as I look for an attorney.

Meanwhile, my dad has threatened to sell the property out from under me and my brother if I win. Please pray for wisdom for my mom, my brother, and me as we try to contain this ongoing situation and restrain a mentally ill man who really needs to go see a therapist.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Trial date has been set for January 11, 2024. Please pray for:

1. That my case may be heard, and the counsel for the defense (me) would be able to present all evidence and points related to the case before the judge.

2. That the Lord would bless my efforts to move out of this property as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trial date has been set for January 11, 2024. Please pray for:

1. That my case may be heard, and the counsel for the defense (me) would be able to present all evidence and points related to the case before the judge.

2. That the Lord would bless my efforts to move out of this property as soon as possible.

Thanks!
I pray everything went well!! Did things work in your favor?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I pray everything went well!! Did things work in your favor?
I did get the chance to present all the details of my case at trial and call my mother as witness to the facts. The judge is going to look into the case law and legal questions that have been raised at trial and mail a written judgment to both me and my dad.

Please continue to keep the situation in prayer as the judge reviews the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I received the written judgment from the court in the mail today. I won the court case. Praise the Lord!

Thank you for all of your prayer support through this fiery ordeal.

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I received the written judgment from the court in the mail today. I won the court case. Praise the Lord!

Thank you for all of your prayer support through this fiery ordeal.
Awesome!! Praise the Lord!!!! That’s great to hear.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0