Everywhere I go, hostility toward Christianity.

Subordinationist

Nov 29, 2004
✟8,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have yet to go to a forum where there isn't at least one anti-Christian ranting and raving about the "myths" of the Bible, the religion of Creationism, the "hatreds and bigotry" of Biblical doctrines, or the over-blowing of past historical "Christian" evils. Just look at this forum, its seems like half of everyone here is a non-Christian, come to ponce on the intolerance and lies of Biblical Christianity. To once and for all vanquish Fundamental Christianity, and in its place erect a tolerant society and nation of athiests, agnostics, deists and pagans. Where everyone can shout his views and live in peace...except Christians. To smash the foundations of Christianity, and squeeze in "everythings gonna be alright". Its not enough to say, "Christianity is incorrect", NO OH NO, we must say "Christianity is EVIL!"

Nevermind Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Nevermind Christianity was ahead of its time by leaps and bounds by giving praise to women. Nevermind the New Testament church was historically against war. Nevermind that Paul preached tolerance to other ethnicities and nationalities in an age of extreme racism. Nevermind that the New Testament says everyone is equal in Jesus Christ. Lets pick and choose, lets not look in context, lets be intolerant of Biblical doctines, even though Paul said to give attendance to sound doctrine. Lets interpret the Bible to where it no longer has any meaning, lets interpret it to irrelevance. Does anything oppose modesty? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does anything sound "absolute"? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does it find any problems with modern society? Lets "re-interpret" it.

"It denies rights."
"It is bigoted."
"I hate Christianity. It spreads hate!"
"Every Christian is a hypocrite. Christianity is refuted."
"It makes claims of absolute truth."
"It is a conspiracy theory to conquer the world through patriarchy, sexism, anti-homosexuality, and family values!"
"The dirt poor, brutally murdered Apostles INVENTED Christ to take over the world!"

Or how about this classic:
"Leviticus says don't mix fabrics. You mix fabrics. Leviticus says don't have gay sex. You say don't have gay sex. Your a hypocrite. Christianity is refuted." Nevermind this has been addressed and refuted every single time some nOOb anti-Christian posts "DEFINITIVE PROOF OF CHRISTIAN IGNORANCE AND LIES". This is like, "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?"

"Christians have denied rights, so we're going to deny YOURS!"

Next thing you know you read on the 46th page of the New York Times: Christian shot dead outside ChristianFourms.com main servers location. Reason: "He was a hate-monger!"

Reactions: SuperMama

Eph. 3:20

Aug 19, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
✟778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Subordinationist...

Well you're diatribe reveals exactly what Jesus told us..."Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man." (Luke 6:22)

And what should our response be???...

“But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you." (Luke 6:27)

Be blessed.

Eph.

Reactions: tqpix
Upvote 0
M

MJ421

Subordinationist said:
I have yet to go to a forum where there isn't at least one anti-Christian ranting and raving about the "myths" of the Bible, the religion of Creationism, the "hatreds and bigotry" of Biblical doctrines, or the over-blowing of past historical "Christian" evils.
And I have yet to go to a forum where some Christian isn't ranting about how evil and perverted gays are, how pro-choicers are pro-murder, and how everyone deserves to go to Hell.

Nevermind Christianity was ahead of its time by leaps and bounds by giving praise to women.
Yea, for it's time. Today, Paul's comments about women keeping silent in the church, not being able to hold a position of authority and must submit to a man and generally accepted as sexist, and rightfully so.

Nevermind the New Testament church was historically against war.
Well they got over that, didn't they.

Nevermind that Paul preached tolerance to other ethnicities and nationalities in an age of extreme racism.
Nevermind the OT justifies slavery and racism.

Nevermind that the New Testament says everyone is equal in Jesus Christ.
Nevermind the OT says that cripples are not worthy of entering a temple.

Lets pick and choose, lets not look in context, lets be intolerant of Biblical doctines, even though Paul said to give attendance to sound doctrine. Lets interpret the Bible to where it no longer has any meaning, lets interpret it to irrelevance. Does anything oppose modesty? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does anything sound "absolute"? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does it find any problems with modern society? Lets "re-interpret" it.
Interpretation doesn't matter so much when you think it's all a load anyway.

"It denies rights."
"It is bigoted."
"It is a conspiracy theory to conquer the world through patriarchy, sexism, anti-homosexuality, and family values!"
"The dirt poor, brutally murdered Apostles INVENTED Christ to take over the world!"

"Leviticus says don't mix fabrics. You mix fabrics. Leviticus says don't have gay sex. You say don't have gay sex. Your a hypocrite. Christianity is refuted." Nevermind this has been addressed and refuted every single time some nOOb anti-Christian posts "DEFINITIVE PROOF OF CHRISTIAN IGNORANCE AND LIES". This is like, "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?"
I agree, those arguements are pointless and stupid and vicious, but no more than the lies and slander that the far right propagates and homosexuals, Atheists, Wiccans, Muslims, pro-choicers, and anyone else they disagree with.

Christians have denied rights, but exactly what rights are we denying you?

Next thing you know you read on the 46th page of the New York Times: Christian shot dead outside ChristianFourms.com main servers location. Reason: "He was a hate-monger!"
Melodrama, anyone?

Upvote 0

Ben Borg Again

Dec 21, 2004
earth, milky way galaxy, 3-D Universe
✟16,720.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Green
Subordinationist said:
I have yet to go to a forum where there isn't at least one anti-Christian ranting and raving about the "myths" of the Bible, the religion of Creationism, the "hatreds and bigotry" of Biblical doctrines, or the over-blowing of past historical "Christian" evils. Just look at this forum, its seems like half of everyone here is a non-Christian, come to ponce on the intolerance and lies of Biblical Christianity. To once and for all vanquish Fundamental Christianity, and in its place erect a tolerant society and nation of athiests, agnostics, deists and pagans. Where everyone can shout his views and live in peace...except Christians. To smash the foundations of Christianity, and squeeze in "everythings gonna be alright". Its not enough to say, "Christianity is incorrect", NO OH NO, we must say "Christianity is EVIL!"

so then.....forgive them.

seriously though,
If you think you got it bad,
try running for a political office and say your atheist. See how many votes you get.

Or better yet tell your voters your a gay athiest, and see how many votes you get.
you think christians have the monopoly on "persecution"?

Whenever I am in a social situation, whenever I identify myself as "atheist" the room gets quiet and people look at me like I am Satans spawn child.

Wasnt The Passion one of the most sucsessful movies of the year?
Isnt christian products a 260 Billion dollar a year industry?

try being Muslim in America.

Besides how many years did Christianity rule the world? Did they make the world a better place? Then why call it the Dark Ages?
If Secular Society never got a foot hold during the Age of Enlightenment a mere 3 or 400 years ago, we may still be in the Dark Ages burning witches and watching half of our children die before adulthood....

Is it really so bad?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Relax

As I take a look around...

I see attacks on Pagans.
Example 1

I see attacks on Islam.
Example 1

I see attacks on Atheists.
Example 1

And I see tolerance and people of different faiths coming together.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

I see a distinct lack of threads titled "Christianity is EVIL".

In conclusion...don't pretend to be more-persecuted-than-thou. Everyone on this board has been at one time or another. Off of the internet, I keep my religion secret for my own protection.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I agree full out with MJ421

People are over-dramatizing "Anti-christian hate". They want the smallest exscuse to cry and moan about "persecution" or "hate". Lemme tell you something, when someone is bashing in your car with a baseball bat and writing "EVIL CHRISTIANS" on your front door, when someone is shooting your family because theyre Christian and sending you to a concentration camp because YOU are christian, thats hate, thats persecution folks.

Now, Im Pagan, and you'd think of most of the religious groups out there, Pagans would be the most picked on or harassed by overly religious people, yesno? The worst Ive ever had happen to me is someone ask me "If you know your going to hell, why do you keep being Pagan?" Religious hate and persecution are not widespread phenomina anymore

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

MoodyBlue

Veteran
Jun 14, 2004
Virginia
✟17,934.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Subordinationist said:

Nevermind Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Nevermind Christianity was ahead of its time by leaps and bounds by giving praise to women. Nevermind the New Testament church was historically against war. Nevermind that Paul preached tolerance to other ethnicities and nationalities in an age of extreme racism. Nevermind that the New Testament says everyone is equal in Jesus Christ. Lets pick and choose, lets not look in context, lets be intolerant of Biblical doctines, even though Paul said to give attendance to sound doctrine. Lets interpret the Bible to where it no longer has any meaning, lets interpret it to irrelevance. Does anything oppose modesty? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does anything sound "absolute"? Lets "re-interpret" it. Does it find any problems with modern society? Lets "re-interpret" it.

"It denies rights."
"It is bigoted."

I don't know what part of the U.S you are from, but where I live this most definitely not the case. Christians are definitely in the majority and there is absolutely no Christian-bashing going on in my town. There is one "token" athiest who regularly writes letters to the editor in the local paper, but he is universally ridiculed. Christians in the US would not fit the definition of "persecuted", at least not by historical standards.

Upvote 0
V

Vigil

morningstar2651 said:

I see attacks on Pagans.
Example 1

I see attacks on Islam.
Example 1

Example 1

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

In conclusion...don't pretend to be more-persecuted-than-thou. Everyone on this board has been at one time or another. Off of the internet, I keep my religion secret for my own protection.
I take it you don't read GA then?

Vigil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subordinationist

Nov 29, 2004
✟8,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could anyone tell I was venting? Lol. Anyway, for the most part I was talking about in forums, not in the real world. In regards to someone who talked about being "more-persecuted-than-thou". This was neither my intent nor goal, I simply wanted to vent, and see what others think and feel about it. Obviously someone sees it as a Christian deception to win people to my cause. Others that have responded only illustrate my point, how posters view the Dark Ages as "rule by Christianity", even though it was rule by corrupt church leaders and Roman paganized, institutionalized, unBiblical Christianity; and that the Old Testament was fulfilled by Jesus and there was instituted a New Testament by none other than the NEW TESTAMENT. Of course someone will respond that this is merely my "interpretation", which even further illustrations my point.

Otherwise, it is my opinion that the concentration camps for Christians in the West ARE COMING (even though they already exist in such places as North Korea).

For now, many of you are right. I will forgive, forget, and stop complaining. Others on this forum face worse persecution IN THE WEST and Latin America (Islamic and Communist nations torture Christians at present), I just believe that the response to persecution by Christians is not to persecute Christians.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
and Roman paganized, institutionalized, unBiblical Christianity;
Care to...clarify that a touch more?

Otherwise, it is my opinion that the concentration camps for Christians in the West ARE COMING
Oh definately so....in my grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's grandchild's son's lifetime. I personally think the sun will explode and fry the Earth like a pizza before that ever comes CLOSE to happening.

I just believe that the response to persecution by Christians is not to persecute Christians.
Thats right, cause they'll kick you ass if you try :D

Others on this forum face worse persecution IN THE WEST and Latin America (Islamic and Communist nations torture Christians at present),
Examples.....

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Subordinationist said:
...it is my opinion that the concentration camps for Christians in the West ARE COMING
Why?
Not that it would affect me at all...

I live in a town where you get threatening looks if you mow your lawn on the Sabbath. There are over 10 churches, 0 mosques, & 0 synegogs.

Upvote 0

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
morningstar2651 said:

I see attacks on Pagans.
Example 1

I see attacks on Islam.
Example 1

Example 1

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

In conclusion...don't pretend to be more-persecuted-than-thou. Everyone on this board has been at one time or another.
Not to mention some real ugly stuff that's posted in the Christians Only section of the fora, where of course the people they're posting about can't respond.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TrueQ

Devil's Advocate
Feb 7, 2004
Salem
✟1,197.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I've never actually even ventured to the Christians Only part of the forums, it always seemed to me that it would just be depressing. All I can say about hostility towards Christianity is that I'm only hostile to Christians who're hostile to me, like the woman from upstairs, she brings whatever persecution she receives upon herself, and that's the truth. This system seems fair to me, although it does have the flaw that it's not very 'other cheek'. Perhaps, without meaning to imply anything, the people being bashed in threads and in articles and in real life, are bringing some of it upon themselves as well?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just came back from the Christians-Only section...

Frightening.

Though, it does beat having one giant flamewar between Christians and Non-Christians, the Christian Only section appeared to me to be a place for the occasional bashing of other religions followed by pats on the back and thumbs up.

Not to say that everyone there behaves this way, but it sets a bad example of Christianity for the Non-Christians that see it.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
morningstar2651 said:
I just came back from the Christians-Only section...

Frightening.

Though, it does beat having one giant flamewar between Christians and Non-Christians, the Christian Only section appeared to me to be a place for the occasional bashing of other religions followed by pats on the back and thumbs up.

Not to say that everyone there behaves this way, but it sets a bad example of Christianity for the Non-Christians that see it.
I agree with Star. It gives a negative message to people who cant go into Non-Christian. Makes it seem like some kind of secret place where they can go and trash people who make them mad.

I never liked the whole "hidden" thing anyways. I think theres alot of opportunity to input in the places marked Christians Only and it seems like a shame to exclude anyone. Its beyond me why they would NEED a place like that.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
morningstar2651 said:
Well, not all non-christians are mature, and not all christians are mature...and when you get them into an argument it gives EVERYONE a headache...especially moderators.
True. But thats what the REPORT button is for, when someone goes too far.

There is the potential for conflict, true, but that conflict can also provide you with new things to learn, new things to be curious about, new things to consider, new points of view on new things. Out of that conflict can come some very good things as well as negative

Upvote 0