✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is an example of how the media controls minds.

I don't pay any attention to the media, I pay attention to things I think matter, and this thread is an example of everyone looking one way while what really matters was somewhere else - the next epidemic/pandemic which everyone knew would come but the media was not interested in.

The media aims to confuse, to polarize, to end meaningful discussion and to focus on details so the big picture gets ignored. A year ago people were arguing about which party was worse or better for the economy. I opened the thread on how the economy at that time actually worked and the thread sank without trace.

People want details and people want to argue.

Maybe it isn't the fault of the media, maybe people just want to feed their egos, and that's how we get the politicians we deserve.

If no one posts I'll let this thread sink into the depths, nobody really cares that much about why we were unprepared, just about what they can blame Donald Trump for, not that there's ever much choice, right now we have three defective candidates to choose between - happy choosing!

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is an example of how the media controls minds.

I don't pay any attention to the media, I pay attention to things I think matter, and this thread is an example of everyone looking one way while what really matters was somewhere else - the next epidemic/pandemic which everyone knew would come but the media was not interested in.

The media aims to confuse, to polarize, to end meaningful discussion and to focus on details so the big picture gets ignored. A year ago people were arguing about which party was worse or better for the economy. I opened the thread on how the economy at that time actually worked and it sank without trace.

People wanted details and people wanted to argue.

Maybe it isn't the fault of the media, maybe people just want to feed their egos, just like how we get the politicians we deserve.

If no one posts I'll let this thread sink into the depths, nobody really cares that much about why we were unprepared, just about what they can blame Donald Trump for, not that there's ever much choice, right now we have three defective candidates to choose between - happy choosing!
Im sorry that your post in getting less attention than you think it should have.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just gonna say, one of those candidates would have made a coordinated effort to improve healthcare in the US, and the one in office made an effort to remove our preparedness.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im sorry that your post in getting less attention than you think it should have.

It's probably me that's got it wrong. I hear more from other people about Donald's tweets than anything else and I have to confess I have never learned to tweet so I'm being somewhat derogatory about the whole thing. If I updated my skills I'd change my view of reality.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just gonna say, one of those candidates would have made a coordinated effort to improve healthcare in the US, and the one in office made an effort to remove our preparedness.

Well that's a case in point.

We know the US healthcare contains a lot of uncontrolled greed, some of it works well, the most expensive parts generally are the ones that don't and have the biggest effect on cost.

The US healthcare maze costs twice as much as the health care systems advanced countries have, so what does Elizabeth Warren do? Decide to increase the funding by a factor of two and a half, add 150% onto the existing overinflated costs. We know from the past that is likely to just make the problem worse, the more money there is the more corruption there is.

And think about Congress, they all get so much money that 99% of them have only weird ideas about what being poor actually is, they certainly are not going to face the challenges of getting repeatedly rejected for healthcare or living in a garage. I have both challenges.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Andrew Yang is the one who understands getting what you actually want rather than just boasting how much money you're going to blow on this or that, but he appears to have sunk without trace.

In the US to be elected you have to be a household name and by the time that happens you're senile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Articles were shared saying the us WAS prepared.
So ....

Immunology and gene sequencing and such are way outside my field so I'll just pull up data on hospital beds per 1,000 people as a measure. Due to differences in the ventilating systems, electric and air supplies, room sizes and other factors hospitals tend to be built as hospitals and again this is outside my field, but I guessing if you want a 1,000 bed hospital it will take months to build, especially after you get all sorts of people involved and take publicity shoots and such. I wonder how long it takes in China?

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMHO, Andrew Yang sunk without a trace because his message did not resonate with the voters on the left.
That is just the plain simple truth.

I wasn't aware the US has a 'left'. Some say it has two right wing parties, after all neoliberalism was advanced by Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton with NAFTA, and Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were planning to extend neoliberalism a lot with their TPP.

But I think it is more accurate to say the US has two corrupt parties. The Republicans are truthful and upfront about it, openly allowing companies to make huge profits while the workforce suffer and not expecting companies to contribute anything to the country that educates or whatever goes on, the workforce.

The Democrats mainly do it by allocating unbelievable amounts of government money to schemes you know are going to overcharge and under perform. Both parties do both, it's more a matter of emphasis.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Have you ever considered that the greater the access to quality preventative care the fewer hospital beds are actually needed in any given population?

That chart tells me the U.S. is doing very well with preventive care, not that it's doing poorly.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever considered that the greater the access to quality preventative care the fewer hospital beds are actually needed in any given population?

That chart tells me the U.S. is doing very well with preventive care, not that it's doing poorly.

That is not something you can assume from the data. You might as well assume fewer beds are needed because lots of people can not afford to stay on them.

I am sure North Korea does not have that many hospital beds per 1000 people yet it is probably safe to assume their preventive care is not that stellar either......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

hahaha.

Wait, you are serious. our preventive care is awful. If you are uninsured, your access to it can be essentially cut off.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is not something you can assume from the data. You might as well assume fewer beds are needed because lots of people can not afford to stay on them.

I am sure North Korea does not have that many hospital beds per 1000 people yet it is probably safe to assume their preventive care is not that stellar either......

Since very few people fall through the crack between Medicare/Medicaid and Private insurance I think its a safe assumption.

Canada has national healthcare and has slightly fewer beds than we do.

Certainly in some countries the lack of beds may correlate to a lack of affordability, but since we are nearly neck in neck with Canada, I doubt that's the case here since most Canadians have nothing but praise for their healthcare system.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hahaha.

Wait, you are serious. our preventive care is awful. If you are uninsured, your access to it can be essentially cut off.

I am uninsured atm, but for 70 dollars I can see my doctor (an amount most people who fall through the cracks can manage) and if I wanted to drive to the teaching hospital based on income its free for me to be seen there.

So whether minor or serious even without insurance I'm not without essential care. April will be the first month in a while that I'm no longer uninsured...

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am uninsured atm, but for 70 dollars I can see my doctor (an amount most people who fall through the cracks can manage) and if I wanted to drive to the teaching hospital based on income its free for me to be seen there.

So whether minor or serious even without insurance I'm not without essential care. April will be the first month in a while that I'm no longer uninsured...
Guess how much that costs in most developed nations.....$0.

It costs me over $100 and I'm insured.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Guess how much that costs in most developed nations.....$0.

It costs me over $100 and I'm insured.

Being uninsured ensures that price shopping will occur... I could go to a different doc for 145 a visit, but the 70 dollar doc provides the same level of care...

Most insured people don't bother price shopping..

Upvote 0