provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So I feel like I'm ready to share my faith with my family. They were brought up Christian but I don't believe they ever really had much of a spiritual connection to the founder, Jesus, other than a superficial obligation to attend Mass. I hope that this step toward evangelizing will grant me a bit of experience before going forward to others outside of my immediate family.

When all's said and done, I want to be realistically assured that they understand who Jesus is and what he has done for them. I want to be assured that they will come to know him as I have as a renewed Christian.

There are some barriers or, strongholds if you will, that have been built up over the years. My Dad attends A.A./N.A. meetings, and so his understanding is that, whatever works for the person is good enough.

My mother is similar in this regard and very impressionable to the new age, Oprah Winfrey, Deepak Chopra type spiritualism. She responds amicably to the "feel good" inspirationals doled out.

My brother doesn't seem to have a belief in anyhing spiritual and that worries me a little.

Will post more later. Does anyone have any stories of their own thou canst share? Advice to impart in my going forth to reveal the Word of truth unto my family, whom I love so dearly? Many thanks!

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So I feel like I'm ready to share my faith with my family. They were brought up Christian but I don't believe they ever really had much of a spiritual connection to the founder, Jesus, other than a superficial obligation to attend Mass. I hope that this step toward evangelizing will grant me a bit of experience before going forward to others outside of my immediate family.

When all's said and done, I want to be realistically assured that they understand who Jesus is and what he has done for them. I want to be assured that they will come to know him as I have as a renewed Christian.

There are some barriers or, strongholds if you will, that have been built up over the years. My Dad attends A.A./N.A. meetings, and so his understanding is that, whatever works for the person is good enough.

My mother is similar in this regard and very impressionable to the new age, Oprah Winfrey, Deepak Chopra type spiritualism. She responds amicably to the "feel good" inspirationals doled out.

My brother doesn't seem to have a belief in anyhing spiritual and that worries me a little.

Will post more later. Does anyone have any stories of their own thou canst share? Advice to impart in my going forth to reveal the Word of truth unto my family, whom I love so dearly? Many thanks!

Prayers prayers prayers brother, and move as the Holy Spirit gives you the unction and directs you. God HAS this. If you are lifting up your precious family to Him, He is surely moooooving as only He can do, in hearts, minds, and souls through His precious Holy Spirit. KEEP praying and loving your family. God WILL moooove as only He can, in His timing, and He will give you Wisdom, discernment, and clarity, and HIS timing with the words to say. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Keep shining, brother.

Praying with you for your precious family, and praying for you too (((hug)))

Upvote 0