arensb

Jun 17, 2006
Visit site
✟22,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why on earth would anyone expect wood to remain in any way recognizable after 5000 years is beyond me!

Actually, scientists can get quite clever about such things. If you've ever read Sherlock Holmes or watched CSI, you can imagine how someone can tease information out of minimal clues. Michael Swanwick, in his novel "Bones of the Earth", gives a fascinating account of a paleontologist reconstructing a dinosaur hunt from a scan of a piece of rock.

For a real-life example, see for instance the way that the existence of dark matter was confirmed not too long ago, though observation of the bullet cluster. Heck, read up on astronomy in general: I mean, all astronomers have to work with, basically, is light. And they can't even step to one side of an interesting object to look at it from a different angle.

Upvote 0
T

The Bellman

Up until now, it has been impossible to get there, but one day, my man. One day! As the Word of God has never been proven false in such things, it has yet to be proven that the ark is NOT there.
It has yet to be even remotely evidenced that the ark is there. Once again, it's not up to us to prove it's not there, it's up to believers to prove it is there. Many have tried, all have failed.

Upvote 0

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Up until now, it has been impossible to get there, but one day, my man. One day! As the Word of God has never been proven false in such things, it has yet to be proven that the ark is NOT there.
:scratch: People have been climbing Mt. Ararat for the last 175 years (Freidrich Parrott climbed it in 1829). People have been looking for the Ark on it since the 50's. I think that that is more than enough time to find evidence if it existed.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It has yet to be even remotely evidenced that the ark is there. Once again, it's not up to us to prove it's not there, it's up to believers to prove it is there. Many have tried, all have failed.

They have only failed to get there, my dear. With the proper permission from authorities and guides, they will. Then they'll bring back photographs, videos, and samples, and after all documentation is done, you'll still not believe it.

Upvote 0
T

The Bellman

They have only failed to get there, my dear. With the proper permission from authorities and guides, they will. Then they'll bring back photographs, videos, and samples, and after all documentation is done, you'll still not believe it.
Sorry, but false. Many have got there. Do some reading about the issue and learn. They have got there and failed to find the ark. Keep trying.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sorry, but false. Many have got there. Do some reading about the issue and learn. They have got there and failed to find the ark. Keep trying.

I read as well. There have been problems with denials of governmental permission for access to the probable site.

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
I read as well. There have been problems with denials of governmental permission for access to the probable site.
they claim this, but they have never provided evidence that they are being blocked.
everyone who has ever claimed they found it have been frauds, that doesn't put much hope in the whole thing
just to tell you by the way noah lands at the mountainS of ararat, not the mountain of ararat

so even if if the flood happened they are looking in the wrong spot which doesn't exist anymore. they would have to find ararat first, which no seems to be able to

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
they claim this, but they have never provided evidence that they are being blocked.
everyone who has ever claimed they found it have been frauds, that doesn't put much hope in the whole thing

Everyone, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Everyone, eh?
everyone who ever made claims to have found it, yes
in fact they make claims and then will not let other people look at the findings
edit:when they claim they found wood from the ark, and it turns out to be nothing more than a chunk of rock that no one in their right mind, unless of course you just really want to find something.. well it doesn't help them either
for example the one and only ron wyatt, who claims to have found titanium bolts from the ark, which he never showed anyone

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zentancia

Sep 29, 2007
✟7,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Umm, even if there were the remains of something that could be identified as wood, what tells you that it is specifically Noah's Ark? It could be wood from many things. Lots of years occurred between then and now, so there are innumerable possibilities...

Upvote 0

Fin1234

May 30, 2007
✟8,300.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
sigh why are we still going.. ..when someone has a belief that everything against god is a lie. You will not win. This is an unwin able battle. Please stop this madness. I've been gone 2 weeks and we're still trying to convince her otherwise. Her faith in the bible is undying yet her faith in logic, science and rational thinking.. ..is minimalistic at best.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
sigh why are we still going.. ..when someone has a belief that everything against god is a lie. You will not win. This is an unwin able battle. Please stop this madness. I've been gone 2 weeks and we're still trying to convince her otherwise. Her faith in the bible is undying yet her faith in logic, science and rational thinking.. ..is minimalistic at best.

That is a lie as well. God created us with wonderful minds that can unravel scientifically the intricacies of the creation. A human being with a mind that is unencumbered with disease, and especially a mind that is governed by the Creator in love is completely rational.

If you have something to say to "her", speak to me, not about me. That is rude in this forum and reportable.

When someone finds the truth in anything, just try to convince them out of it. It's stupid.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psssssssssst, SALVATION IS THROUGH FAITH ;)

I guess everyone needs a rocket science degree for the God of the Universe to be able to reach your spirit and lead you to Himself. :idea:

once again, people think it's about the MIND - it's about humility and submission to God's Spirit thru the soul.
:doh:

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is a lie as well. God created us with wonderful minds that can unravel scientifically the intricacies of the creation. A human being with a mind that is unencumbered with disease, and especially a mind that is governed by the Creator in love is completely rational.

If you have something to say to "her", speak to me, not about me. That is rude in this forum and reportable.

When someone finds the truth in anything, just try to convince them out of it. Stupid.

Psssssssssst, SALVATION IS THROUGH FAITH ;)

I guess everyone needs a rocket science degree for the God of the Universe to be able to reach your spirit and lead you to Himself. :idea:

once again, people think it's about the MIND - it's about humility and submission to God's Spirit thru the soul.
:doh:
And that is the whole point. We have what is before our eyes. We have discovered much about how the world works. We can replicate these results and draw predictions from them that are proven correct. Some of the things we now know are in diametric opposition to a book that is around 2000 years old. You believe the book has supremacy. We believe that the world has supremacy. There is no middle ground here. You refuse to see evidence, we refuse to ignore it.

After hitting your head on the same spot on the wall time and time again, why do we expect a different outcome?

I think it is time to unsubcribe from this thread.

Peace, out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.