Ethics & Morality?? America Is An Overflowing Sewer Of Sin And Filth (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You look past everything and do not try to understand it.

Doesn't logically jell with:

I do not know you at all. I cannot comment. And by and large, it is irrelevant to me.

Intent is also a significant part of what I believe in. I do not even know your intent.

Make up you mind... do you know him or not?

Upvote 0

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christianity is a profound philosophy . St. Augustine was motivated to philosophy to understand God, to understand nature; philosophy is the love of wisdom in Greek, and it is what St. Augustine pursued.

After pursuing them heretics for the crime of disagreeing with mother church and her cronies.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How was it illegal if it was authorised by the authorities of the day?

Isn't that what legal means?

Please. It was illegal because those who wanted Jesus gone ramrodded Him through the system and broke their own laws to do so.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[/size][/font][/b]If he claims breaking one law breaks all laws, then his conception of legality is pretty ridiculous; imagine being arrested for jaywalking and getting charged, convicted, and sentenced for murder, rape, war crimes, etc too... it's patently unjust.

It's what He says! He is ridiculous to you, then is He? Stop using a human standard and start agreeing with God's standard.

James 2:10
For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Unfortunately, it looks like they are right:

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

From what I see here... it looks like the rest of us are done for. But fear not, gay men; it appears that you can be one of the undefiled chosen after all! :thumbsup:

You need to study the entire Word and consider context. If you know about something, share it. If you don't, and you spout off, it looks bad on you.

Revelation 7:1-8
1 Then I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds so they did not blow on the earth or the sea, or even on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel coming up from the east, carrying the seal of the living God. And he shouted to those four angels, who had been given power to harm land and sea, 3 “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.”
4 And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel:

5 from Judah — 12,000
from Reuben — 12,000
from Gad — 12,000
6 from Asher — 12,000
from Naphtali — 12,000
from Manasseh — 12,000
7 from Simeon — 12,000
from Levi — 12,000
from Issachar — 12,000
8 from Zebulun — 12,000
from Joseph — 12,000
from Benjamin — 12,000

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Please. It was illegal because those who wanted Jesus gone ramrodded Him through the system and broke their own laws to do so.

I would imagine that there were two groups of people who wanted Jesus killed: some Jews who thought his teaching was a bit irritating, and the Romans who saw him as a political leader who might lead the Jews to revolt. There was nothing particularly illegal about the Romans executing him on those grounds, although the Jews might have chatted them up a bit to encourage his execution.

Upvote 0

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

5 from Judah — 12,000
from Reuben — 12,000
from Gad — 12,000
6 from Asher — 12,000
from Naphtali — 12,000
from Manasseh — 12,000
7 from Simeon — 12,000
from Levi — 12,000
from Issachar — 12,000
8 from Zebulun — 12,000
from Joseph — 12,000
from Benjamin — 12,000

Ohh, right - so we're all doomed.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would imagine that there were two groups of people who wanted Jesus killed: some Jews who thought his teaching was a bit irritating, and the Romans who saw him as a political leader who might lead the Jews to revolt. There was nothing particularly illegal about the Romans executing him on those grounds, although the Jews might have chatted them up a bit to encourage his execution.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ohh, right - so we're all doomed.
I would suggest you understand who those men are. They are the witnesses that go through out the world AFTER the Body of Christ is taken.

It is during the Tribulation.

If you don't know what the Bible is talking about then don't ridicule it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would suggest you understand who those men are. They are the witnesses that go through out the world AFTER the Body of Christ is taken.

Hey, we've told them. They just ignore it for sport.

Upvote 0

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Excuse me. I have studied Revelation in detail as part of my course. I am not ignorant of its meaning, and I reserve the right to ridicule not the text, but the people who completely misunderstand for whom it was intended.

Upvote 0

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private