Poteau
✟7,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians are concerned that our religious freedoms are becoming more and more under attack. One of the latest concerns is the consequences for religious institutions if the latest equality bill is passed by the senate. Presumably, the equality act would only affect religious institutions that receive any federal funds (i.e. universities that receive federal school grant money). I strongly believe that Christians and churches should be finding ways to offer free education. I’ve spoken to pastors before about this mission and received numerous reasons why it would not work. Some even believe that it is imperative as a witness to others to continue to be a part of public schools and send our children there. I disagree with this because more and more the ideas taught in public schools are in sharp contrast to the beliefs. Training up children in the way of the Lord is so very important and I don’t see how it can be accomplished effectively when the child spends more time in secular education than with their parents or the church. At this time, parents are allowed to home school or send their children to church schools; that may not always be the case. It’s time to put our time and money into training up the next generation. I believe it’s never been more important for churches to provide assistance to families who want their child to receive a Christian education. Do we not have enough adults in our congregations that could donate a few hours a week to working in a church education program, tutoring, providing money for class equipment, etc? Isn’t the future of children important enough to invest our time and resources to provide a free education without being dependent on the government and thereby forced to abide by their rules? I pray that we step up to this great need.

• Agree
Reactions: riesie

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Moody provides a free education for full-time day students and has for quite awhile. The initiative is supported by alumni and authors at Moody Press who donate a portion of their revenue to the school (like Gary Chapman). They hold a yearly fundraising event, Founder's Week, which features well-known Christian teachers, pastors, and musicians. The event is broadcast free of charge and usually occurs in February.

While I support homeschooling (I did it for a time and my daughter plans to follow suit), it can be difficult for most to undertake. Forgoing an income or relying on part-time resources would stretch many households too far.

You'd need to plan ahead and develop a viable source of income before marrying and having children. Once the monies are secured you can focus on homeschooling and obtain the resources and extracurricular helps you need without hardship.

That's what I did with my daughter to guarantee she could remain home. Most start the process when they're married and a juggle a full-time job while doing so. That's significantly harder and more stressful. It should be undertaken in singleness when you don't have the demands and responsibilities to contend with.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: bgar1958
Upvote 0