Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NO SIN IN SODOMY SAY EPISCOPAL BISHOPS

Episcopal Leaders condemn Vatican stand on homosexual marriage

By David W. Virtue, DD
March 19, 2021

A number of Episcopal bishops have weighed in on the Vatican's announcement that it would not bless homosexual unions because they view them as sinful.

They think the Pope and the Roman Catholic is wrong, and they are fierce in their condemnation of that Church's position and their continued support of the pansexual agenda and homosexual persons in the Episcopal Church.

"These words injure LGBTQ+ people and all who advocate for justice and equity for all children," Los Angeles Bishop John Harvey Taylor said March 17 in an email message to his Episcopal diocese in Southern California. The Vatican's statement, he said, "risks putting a stumbling block between Jesus Christ and all who are spiritually hungry and who need and deserve the hope of resurrection."

Newark Bishop Carlye Hughes called the news "a heartbreaker" in a video message to her northern New Jersey diocese. "I can't speak for any other denomination. I can speak for mine. I want you to know that in this church ... we recognize your goodness and we are delighted that we are all part of the same denomination, looking for God, celebrating God, sharing God's love."

Olympia Bishop Greg Rickel countered the Vatican's statement by saying his Seattle, Washington-based diocese doesn't see sin in LGBTQ couples' relationships.

"We see you and experience you as true blessings, reflections of our living God," Rickel said on Facebook. "Thank you for the inspiration and the many ways you show us how to love. Thank you for the gifts you bring to our collective body of Christ. Thank you for how you have blessed me and you bless this church."

Continued below.
NO SIN IN SODOMY SAY EPISCOPAL BISHOPS | VirtueOnline – The Voice for Global Orthodox Anglicanism

• Informative
Reactions: Praying Rose

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just keep in mind that the churches which most of the world's Anglicans belong to are on the other side with this issue.
Good point, there are many parts of the Anglican communion that are holding fast to their traditions and are thriving.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NO SIN IN SODOMY SAY EPISCOPAL BISHOPS

Episcopal Leaders condemn Vatican stand on homosexual marriage

By David W. Virtue, DD
March 19, 2021

A number of Episcopal bishops have weighed in on the Vatican's announcement that it would not bless homosexual unions because they view them as sinful.

They think the Pope and the Roman Catholic is wrong, and they are fierce in their condemnation of that Church's position and their continued support of the pansexual agenda and homosexual persons in the Episcopal Church.
Well now, isn't that SPECIAL!:tutu:

Upvote 0

Praying Rose

Jan 11, 2020
USA
✟49,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fr. Altier recently had a homily that pertains to this, although it was more directed at Fr. Martin and his following.
Matthew 5:17-19 17 "Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18For amen I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot, or one tittle shall not pass of the law, till all be fulfilled. 19He therefore that shall break one of these least commandments, and shall so teach men, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But he that shall do and teach, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Upvote 0