Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hi I'm Catholic but I'm interested in becoming episcopalian due to my beliefs on women's ordination and LGBT rights , I know some Anglicans especially Anglo Catholics believe in transubstantiation are there any of you out there ?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Belief in Transubstantiation is rare among Episcopalians and rejected by the formularies of the church as well as by the wording of the Holy Communion service in the historic Book of Common Prayer. But belief in the Real Presence is standard. This is not to say that someone here won't announce that he accepts Transubstantiation.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
hi I'm Catholic but I'm interested in becoming episcopalian due to my beliefs on women's ordination and LGBT rights , I know some Anglicans especially Anglo Catholics believe in transubstantiation are there any of you out there ?

I'm in the Episcopal Church.

I personally don't believe in transubstantiation, but there may be some Anglo-Catholic leaning members in our churches who do. Officially, we do accept the Real Prescence.

Let us know if we can be of further help.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

A REMINDER

full

Please remember the CR and SOP Rules

A TINY cleanup was done of three posts - not all in violation, but some replying to posts that are against the Statement of Purpose

Every denomination has their own home forum. If you are not a member of the denomination area, you can ask genuine questions and participate, but you cannot debate against that denomination's beliefs or in that area.

The full list of site rules can be found here.

Further issues with this thread may result in further cleans, a permanent shut down, and member staff actions.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0