Oklahoma, U.S.A
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to know other's thoughts on the meaning of this song, preferably from a Christian perspective. I was wandering if it was anti-Islam, anti-Christian, anti-religious, anti-extremist, etc. Is it similar to the meaning of Cry for the Moon (which isn't anti-Christian)? Go ahead and spill the beans on what you think, my friends!

Affliction

Jun 26, 2013
Connecticut
✟470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I really like the contrast in this song... the Arabic sounds and a woman who reigns a man in stead of men dominating women.
Again a song about organized religion.

"Et fictum fit factum" = A lie can become a truth
That's so true in my opinion.
The books are brainwashing.

It's about his arrogance and how he demands that we worship him and kneel to him. He sees us only as slaves and servants, and out only purpose is to bow to him. He'll never set us free or release us from this, since refusing him means eternal punishment, and bowing to his wishes still means that you'll be doing it forever. It's about people who worship a person and the person is treating those people like slaves.

It DOES have the Islamic Azan prayer, which struck me as different.

You do believe, so I can say
That you are owned by me
Meaning believe in me (diety) so I can "own" you and you can say that you are "saved"

Fool
Dance with me again
I am your destiny
Mark my words, don't you ever disagree

Fool
Kneel for me again
I am your agony
Walk my way, I will never set you free

Kneel for me unknowing fool
Bow to the supremacy
Kneel for me unworthy pig
Die for the divinity

Don't QUESTION (Because we all know Religons hate being questioned despite constant and proven refutations) , and dont' ever disagree, follow blindly. I can be your pain if you don't follow me, but if you do follow me, I won't let you go because of it. Unknowing in the sense of being a simpleton, brainwashed and forced to set a path like a lamb in slaughter. Simple but effective, but all for shock value. The only real evil music is Black Metal.

You could also say that this song is about Women, because in old times the Queen had more power than the King, and even in other societies (Spartan) women dominated the man and had alot of power. The same could apply to this song as well.

Upvote 0