Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this a safe place to share one's experience of entire sanctification or will it be belittled?
Honestly, it probably depends a lot on how the experience and or post is worded. But broadly, yes, this would be the right place as it is a pretty standard Methodist teaching.

Upvote 0

Jeff Carr

Feb 15, 2018
Sydney
✟11,201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I want to give praise and glory to God for what he has done in my life.
Recently, the Lord sanctified my heart. After years of a sinning and repenting cycle, He has given my deliverance from sin.
In the midst of my constant defeat, I read Thomas Cook's 'New Testament Holiness' and the light of God's way of holiness shone through.
Cook states that the way to holiness of heart is consecration and faith. I had a battle with consecration as there were a number of issues that I had to let go of.
After a time, I broke through and consecrated my whole life on the altar. A verse that stuck with me was 1 John 1:7, If we walk in the light as he is in the light,...... the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses from ALL sin. It was not just 'sins' but 'sin'.......indwelling sin, that needed I needed cleansing from.
By faith, I claimed the promise and asked for complete cleansing. There were no flashing lights, or heightened emotions, just a deep peace and a sense that something had been done within.
Since that time, I have real victory over sin. That inward battle to do God's will has gone and a new love for God and others has been born.
Opposition, yes. The devil still tempts me but I have a new resolve to resist. Prayer has become more meaningful and a new desire to reach others with the Gospel.
I am aware that I could fall so I watch and pray, maintain my position of consecration and faith. Now laid before me is the challenge of growth in Christlikeness, and maturity. I have not arrived! There is more to go in my walk with God.
Again, I give God the praise and all the glory .

Upvote 0

markbrewer

Mar 29, 2019
kentucky
✟24,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I want to give praise and glory to God for what he has done in my life.
Recently, the Lord sanctified my heart. After years of a sinning and repenting cycle, He has given my deliverance from sin.
In the midst of my constant defeat, I read Thomas Cook's 'New Testament Holiness' and the light of God's way of holiness shone through.
Cook states that the way to holiness of heart is consecration and faith. I had a battle with consecration as there were a number of issues that I had to let go of.
After a time, I broke through and consecrated my whole life on the altar. A verse that stuck with me was 1 John 1:7, If we walk in the light as he is in the light,...... the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses from ALL sin. It was not just 'sins' but 'sin'.......indwelling sin, that needed I needed cleansing from.
By faith, I claimed the promise and asked for complete cleansing. There were no flashing lights, or heightened emotions, just a deep peace and a sense that something had been done within.
Since that time, I have real victory over sin. That inward battle to do God's will has gone and a new love for God and others has been born.
Opposition, yes. The devil still tempts me but I have a new resolve to resist. Prayer has become more meaningful and a new desire to reach others with the Gospel.
I am aware that I could fall so I watch and pray, maintain my position of consecration and faith. Now laid before me is the challenge of growth in Christlikeness, and maturity. I have not arrived! There is more to go in my walk with God.
Again, I give God the praise and all the glory .
it surprises me how most Christians are not interested in this at all. it seems to me like the most wonderful thing that could happen in a believer's life.

Upvote 0

Jeff Carr

Feb 15, 2018
Sydney
✟11,201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Thanks Mark. Yes, the doctrine of entire sanctification is little known outside 'Holiness Church " circles. There is however, a good assortment of books on the subject in places like Amazon. I found Thomas Cook's book "New Testament Holiness" to be very helpful.
God bless.

Upvote 0