a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had some conflict with my fiancé today and I need some Godly advice. I brought up getting furniture for the room we will share when once we get married. He lives with his parents and I’ll be moving into their home. He became upset and said there was not enough space and was not planning on moving any of his things around. I thought it was odd that he had not considered that once we are married would have to make space for me and that it would become our room. We are getting married in a month. He became angry and said I was taking over everything. He told me that I reorganized his closet and put my cloths in their without him wanting them their. I asked before I did any of those things and he even thanked me for organizing the closet when I did it. I’m confused. Am I being controlling?
I personally don't think you are being controlling, and can totally understand you wanting to make the room accommodating for you both as you become one.

It might be a sign to put the breaks on and think carefully before you get married specially moving into his side of the family.

I know from my own experience how hard it is to live with somone in there family home and personal I didn't find it easy.

Take a step back talk with your own parents if you can, and think about this long and hard as this is a big moment on your life.

I hope whatever you do works out for you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His attitude sounds very immature and selfish. Are you sure you want to live with that, for please don't think he change his attitudes in hurry if he hasn't up to now. It may well bite you in the bum.

(i was in love with my wife Yvonne a month before we got married and would have been delighted if she came and shared my room with me. 38 years later i am still in love with her, even more so than then, and am delighted she shares my room with me.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Yahyra Velazquez, surely you two are or have been receiving marriage counseling from your pastor, yes? If you are done with marriage counseling, then I would call and make an appointment to see your pastor again (with your fiance, of course) so that he can help the two of you work through this issue (and others, if need be) before you are married.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, BTW :)

Praying for you.

God bless you!

--David
p.s - oh, and WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Original post gone.

There is an urgent need for both parties to sit down and talk.

If he is denying or not remembering giving permission to move his things then there is a problem there.
That needs to be talked over preferably with a third party there.
If he is not willing to do this, do not Mary him.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Since the tipping point was related to purchasing furniture, you may want to consider if finances are a sensitive issue. After all, you’re moving in with his parents. If money is tight unnecessary expenses can be a strain.

Things needn’t be perfect at the beginning. This is a time of great stress for many. Take a deep breath and listen to him. Try to understand the bigger issue behind his comments.

~Bella

Upvote 0