Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians ought to think about the end times, I believe, and be speaking of it to those showing interest in the after-life. It will come sooner than we know ---by death or the sudden calling up of the "bride" ---the Church, to Heaven. As I see the news reports and all the extremes in every way: increase in violence and civil disobedience, murders and suicides, immorality, hatred and intolerance, governments at war universal; even extreme weather and climate, as God seems to be warning of the soon Tribulation time. I personally doubt the Church will be here more than ten more years. The following paper seems worthy of note:

THE END OF THE END
SOME THOUGHTS AND COURSES TO CONSIDER
Thoughts By R. DeWitt
Some of us are inclined to think we are living now in the end of "the end times"---that time which began with the advent of Christ, when God had given the very best He had for mankind; that is, we expect the promised coming again of the Lord to be very soon ---and "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Mt. 24:36); yet we might "...see the day approaching" (Heb. 10:25). As the saints of God perceive that, we surely ought to feel an urgency to "hold forth" the gospel message of salvation, "hold fast" the truth of the Word, and "hold faith" to honor our Lord Jesus Christ. Do we have such an exercise of soul? Perhaps one has not felt any urgency to know and keep the Word of God and thus honor the Lord. We hope that is not so, for He deserves our full devotion.

If the Lord came again today, or one should die today, can one now say: I am ready to meet the Lord? How ready are any of us? This is not speaking only about the salvation of our soul to enter Heaven (which is essential --as John 3 & John 14 show), but also about living in conformity to the mind of God to please Him as shown in His Word ---having a clear conscience. We need to read the Word to know this, not just listen to various thoughts of men.

The end is coming, and a non-believer must be saved for Heaven before God shuts the door and it is forever too late ---as shown in the days of Noah (Gen.7:1; Mt.24: 37-39); and also the saints of God need to be walking in holiness and obeying the Lord for blessing and rewards, not following religious ideas of men. One who is saved ought to be full of joy and thankfulness to our Savior---showing love for the Son of God; love for the Word of God; love for the testimony of God; love for the people of God.

Is one a child of God by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? If one is a true believer ---a saint of God, is that one satisfied he or she is keeping God's Word and going on here faithfully as God expects of His children? If believers in Christ are not going on in the way pleasing to God we will surely forfeit much at the judgment time in Heaven (2 Cor. 5:10). One can be sure of that. That ought to greatly concern us, and move saints to study God's Word and worship the Lord. Is one daily in communion with Christ, or is one just following religious ways and interests?

The challenge for professing Christians concerns two essential things: doing a regular and progressive Bible study with the help of godly saints, rather than only listening to someone read a verse or two ---which sometimes misses the overall truth of the Word; and one needs to be worshipping the Lord individually and collectively according as He gave us to do, rather than enjoying religious entertainment, programs, and practicing religious ceremonies and traditions many souls hold in the name of worship?

Know this, dear friends: that every real believer will give account of himself at the "judgment seat of Christ" in Heaven (see Matt.12:36; Rom.14:10-12; Heb.9:27; 1 Pet. 4:17-18)! Those who are not real believers and saved will not be in Heaven (though they may have a religion), but will stand at the judgment of the "great white throne" in Hades and be sent to Hell (Rev.20:11-15). Is it not now "time to awake out of sleep" (Rom. 13:11), receive God's Son, and live for Him?

When the Lord Jesus was rejected and laid down His life for sinful mankind on the cross, the story of man from the beginning began to be "the end times". Some of us see such time now spiraling downward as a rapidly increasing vortex, as world conditions move further from God and conditions become more violent, immoral, and permissive. The trend among men is increasing insurrection, seeking greater liberties and entertainment; no restraint, order, or responsibility, and indifference or rejection of God's standards. Such rebellion will likely end in anarchy for such nations, and the ways of man will not go unnoticed by our Creator.

In our present time we also see population growth stressing resources and economies failing in the world; also, more extreme weather and upheavals in the earth. Truly judgment and the foretold tribulation time appears to be coming, and with these present signs the end seems very near. Look up! - RLD: RP03; 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave L

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians ought to think about the end times, I believe, and be speaking of it to those showing interest in the after-life. It will come sooner than we know ---by death or the sudden calling up of the "bride" ---the Church, to Heaven. As I see the news reports and all the extremes in every way: increase in violence and civil disobedience, murders and suicides, immorality, hatred and intolerance, governments at war universal; even extreme weather and climate, as God seems to be warning of the soon Tribulation time. I personally doubt the Church will be here more than ten more years. The following paper seems worthy of note:

THE END OF THE END
SOME THOUGHTS AND COURSES TO CONSIDER
Thoughts By R. DeWitt
Some of us are inclined to think we are living now in the end of "the end times"---that time which began with the advent of Christ, when God had given the very best He had for mankind; that is, we expect the promised coming again of the Lord to be very soon ---and "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Mt. 24:36); yet we might "...see the day approaching" (Heb. 10:25). As the saints of God perceive that, we surely ought to feel an urgency to "hold forth" the gospel message of salvation, "hold fast" the truth of the Word, and "hold faith" to honor our Lord Jesus Christ. Do we have such an exercise of soul? Perhaps one has not felt any urgency to know and keep the Word of God and thus honor the Lord. We hope that is not so, for He deserves our full devotion.

If the Lord came again today, or one should die today, can one now say: I am ready to meet the Lord? How ready are any of us? This is not speaking only about the salvation of our soul to enter Heaven (which is essential --as John 3 & John 14 show), but also about living in conformity to the mind of God to please Him as shown in His Word ---having a clear conscience. We need to read the Word to know this, not just listen to various thoughts of men.

The end is coming, and a non-believer must be saved for Heaven before God shuts the door and it is forever too late ---as shown in the days of Noah (Gen.7:1; Mt.24: 37-39); and also the saints of God need to be walking in holiness and obeying the Lord for blessing and rewards, not following religious ideas of men. One who is saved ought to be full of joy and thankfulness to our Savior---showing love for the Son of God; love for the Word of God; love for the testimony of God; love for the people of God.

Is one a child of God by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? If one is a true believer ---a saint of God, is that one satisfied he or she is keeping God's Word and going on here faithfully as God expects of His children? If believers in Christ are not going on in the way pleasing to God we will surely forfeit much at the judgment time in Heaven (2 Cor. 5:10). One can be sure of that. That ought to greatly concern us, and move saints to study God's Word and worship the Lord. Is one daily in communion with Christ, or is one just following religious ways and interests?

The challenge for professing Christians concerns two essential things: doing a regular and progressive Bible study with the help of godly saints, rather than only listening to someone read a verse or two ---which sometimes misses the overall truth of the Word; and one needs to be worshipping the Lord individually and collectively according as He gave us to do, rather than enjoying religious entertainment, programs, and practicing religious ceremonies and traditions many souls hold in the name of worship?

Know this, dear friends: that every real believer will give account of himself at the "judgment seat of Christ" in Heaven (see Matt.12:36; Rom.14:10-12; Heb.9:27; 1 Pet. 4:17-18)! Those who are not real believers and saved will not be in Heaven (though they may have a religion), but will stand at the judgment of the "great white throne" in Hades and be sent to Hell (Rev.20:11-15). Is it not now "time to awake out of sleep" (Rom. 13:11), receive God's Son, and live for Him?

When the Lord Jesus was rejected and laid down His life for sinful mankind on the cross, the story of man from the beginning began to be "the end times". Some of us see such time now spiraling downward as a rapidly increasing vortex, as world conditions move further from God and conditions become more violent, immoral, and permissive. The trend among men is increasing insurrection, seeking greater liberties and entertainment; no restraint, order, or responsibility, and indifference or rejection of God's standards. Such rebellion will likely end in anarchy for such nations, and the ways of man will not go unnoticed by our Creator.

In our present time we also see population growth stressing resources and economies failing in the world; also, more extreme weather and upheavals in the earth. Truly judgment and the foretold tribulation time appears to be coming, and with these present signs the end seems very near. Look up! - RLD: RP03; 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, I believe it is more important to focus on "loving one another". If we can't accomplish this, then thinking about "the end" is a moot point.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." ❤

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we need to be showing the love of God to all we meet. I just feel an urgency as we see obvious deterioration in world news so much today, that we need to consider the urgency to preach Christ, and put our own house in order as to obedience and honor to God.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I believe it is more important to focus on "loving one another". If we can't accomplish this, then thinking about "the end" is a moot point.I agree

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." ❤

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we need to be showing the love of God to all we meet. I just feel an urgency as we see obvious deterioration in world news so much today, that we need to consider the urgency to preach Christ, and put our own house in order as to obedience and honor to God.

I agree! If we all loved each other urgently, we would have very little deterioration to speak of. It really does make a lot of sense when you think about it.
Blessings!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"If we all loved each other urgently" is a huge IF, which will likely not happen, as the OP is showing. Evil is in the heart of natural man. There will no doubt be worse times ahead, for Satan is "the god of this world" as our God says, and he is getting very active with more wickedness. That is the prophetic message. We need to show the "love of God", but be mindful to honor and obey God by His immutable Word, and preach the Gospel. Let us saints "put your house in order" as God warns "...as we see the day approaching".

Upvote 0