Fort Polk, Louisiana
✟15,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In this day and age, society calls for youth, especially girls, to forfeit so many standards and values just to "be accepted". It can be seen every day in school and, sadly, in some youth groups. You have to dress a certain way, you have to have the latest technology, you need an exclusive relationship, you can't talk about certain things, but have talk about other things. These are all lies that today's world tells youth girls. This thread is being written to tell you that society is wrong. It is perverted and promotes the most wicked things.
Let's be real. The world today says that if you don't fit in with the rest of the crowd than you're not beautiful or cool or worthy to hang out with. It is crazy how many people believe that they have to be accepted by a certain crowd or person to find "fulfillment". No matter how convinced you are that being accepted will bring fulfillment and satisfaction, as cliche as it may sound, the only real and lasting fulfillment will come from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
It is sickening how many people discriminate against those who have Biblical values. It comes to a point where people are compromising their beliefs to stop being hurt by those around them. I am writing this thread to tell you that no matter how you look, or talk, or believe-- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE AMAZING.
I am a teenage boy, so it may seem weird or awkward that I am writing this, but I am so burdened by the pressure placed on teen girls to do and believe things that no one should have to. It makes no sense at all why society says that certain things that you do are ok but other things are not. So please read the rest of this thread and be encouraged.
I may have never met you before, but I think you are beautiful. I sincerely mean it. You are so incredible. It doesn't matter what you look like. You are beautiful because of who you are. It may not mean much to you because I don't know you, but I genuinely think you are beautiful.
I am not the only one who thinks you are amazing, though. The God of the universe loves you so much more than any person could. He thinks about you every single second of every single day. He desires the best for you. He wants to make you happy. He thinks you are the most beautiful thing in the world. He sent his only son to die for you just so that you can have a relationship with Him. How crazy is that? Dwell on that for moment. THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE CARES ABOUT YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. He is the only one in which you will find satisfaction.
My prayer is that every girl in the world will realize that no matter what, they are loved and they are beautiful. No matter you do, you are loved. No matter what you say, you are loved. No matter what you wear, you are beautiful. God bless you.

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
I'm different from the typical teenager because I've based my decisions on this verse. Yes, being different means I don't fit in with the cliques, and I may not have as many friends as the next person, but at least my friends accept me for who I am and appreciate that I embrace my differentness. Don't let society's rules about what is "cool" regulate your decisions. Be yourself, and don't let anyone stop you.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
I'm different from the typical teenager because I've based my decisions on this verse. Yes, being different means I don't fit in with the cliques, and I may not have as many friends as the next person, but at least my friends accept me for who I am and appreciate that I embrace my differentness. Don't let society's rules about what is "cool" regulate your decisions. Be yourself, and don't let anyone stop you.

I wish I had been one of those bold students wearing a Cross and carrying a bible around at lunch time. But no I was so worried about making friends and people liking me. I was a such coward back then. It didn't help that there were like no christians in my school so the ones who were open about it were mocked and shunned from the rest of school.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I had been one of those bold students wearing a Cross and carrying a bible around at lunch time. But no I was so worried about making friends and people liking me. I was a such coward back then. It didn't help that there were like no christians in my school so the ones who were open about it were mocked and shunned from the rest of school.
I understand. It's hard to go against the majority. I've just tried surrounding myself with people from my church and a Christian summer camp I go to. Even in these places, I can be considered the outcast or different, but I think that's okay as long as you are doing your best for God. You don't have to carry your Bible to make a difference, but do so if God is calling you to. You can shine as a light for God by living in a way that honors Him, and when people notice, they will see something different about you and you can use that to show them God's love.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand. It's hard to go against the majority. I've just tried surrounding myself with people from my church and a Christian summer camp I go to. Even in these places, I can be considered the outcast or different, but I think that's okay as long as you are doing your best for God. You don't have to carry your Bible to make a difference, but do so if God is calling you to. You can shine as a light for God by living in a way that honors Him, and when people notice, they will see something different about you and you can use that to show them God's love.

The one person in particular I remember who was I believe a devout catholic seemed absolutely miserable every day I saw him. Orthodox jews had it way easier than christians in my school at least. Then again its hard to know if he was miserable because he was forced to believe in christianity when he didn't or because of the isolation. He definitely seemed like the type I think who would grow up and rebel against his christian faith because of all the pressure he felt growing up being one.

Upvote 0