Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then why did you participate in comparing this to a sport? You are not being consistent.

And Revelation is not to be interpreted.

I'm just trying to keep people safe from the curse that Jesus said would come on those who mess up Revelation.
That was Carl Emerson attempting to lighten the tension of the conversation with a little levity. And he's right. We all tend to get a bit too intense when discussing anything remotely eschatological. I know you have a sincere desire to stick faithfully to Revelations' meaning. I, too, am trying to keep people from straying off the themes which John recorded, by paying particular attention to the language he used - especially its time-relevant terms. Back in those days, it was a problem for someone's written work to be altered and credit taken by another person. John's warning instruction to not add or detract from the vison he recorded was given to forestall such an attempt at plagiarism.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
That was Carl Emerson attempting to lighten the tension of the conversation with a little levity. And he's right. We all tend to get a bit too intense when discussing anything remotely eschatological. I know you have a sincere desire to stick faithfully to Revelations' meaning. I, too, am trying to keep people from straying off the themes which John recorded, by paying particular attention to the language he used - especially its time-relevant terms. Back in those days, it was a problem for someone's written work to be altered and credit taken by another person. John's warning instruction to not add or detract from the vison he recorded was given to forestall such an attempt at plagiarism.
You participated in the levity thereby including yourself in the metaphor. Then you clumped you do not participate in the metaphor. Inconsistent.

No. It is not about plagiarism. You are not even trying to be honest to the written text now. You are saying that John put words into Jesus' mouth. You wish others to believe that John added a copyright to his work? Silly bordering on heresy.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No. It is not about plagiarism. You are not even trying to be honest to the written text now. You are saying that John put words into Jesus' mouth. You wish others to believe that John added a copyright to his work? Silly bordering on heresy.
Huuhh?? Lighten up a little. You are a little too defensive and end up reading things into what I've written. Try not to assume things about people's motives when you have never met them in person.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Huuhh?? Lighten up a little. You are a little too defensive and end up reading things into what I've written. Try not to assume things about people's motives when you have never met them in person.
Not your motives but your actions.

So if that is not what you meant... then explain what you meant.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I disagree with your characterization of a woman who is superior to you in every way.
Disagree with the idea all you want.
Argue against me all you want.

This.

Upvote 0