novachild69

Aug 2, 2006
✟15,751.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have been recently given my options with HUbby, we have been separated for 3 years. I can either go through the courts, or work out a settlement. Is it normal to go through a gammit of emotions... I go from Happy (we've both moved on) to raging mad, to bawling my eyes out.... And he laughs at me when I go from one extreme to the other.... Is this a normal reaction???

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think people have 100 different reactions to separation and then more emotions to the actual divorce. Yours are on one side and those that feel relief are on the other. They are all normal.
I think once you make your final decision as to what you are going to do and how you are going to evaluate the end of your marriage you emotions will become more consistent.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is very common to have a wide range of emotions and reactions. Separation and divorce is a traumatic experience. As far as his laughing, that is a hard thing to judge.

My ex laughed at me a lot when I was threatening separation and divorce. But when I followed through he did not laugh. I laughed when he continued to deny adultery when there was solid proof of it. I also smiled and laughed when we had our court day for the divorce. Each time the laughter on my part was a nervous laugh. When he denied the adultery, it was also an uncontrollable, crazy kind of laugh, almost like a substitute for crying.

Don't expect anything normal for this time in your life. There is no "normal" for the end of a marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

novachild69

Aug 2, 2006
✟15,751.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We had been going to church together... that came to an end this week. I am finishing up my last day in the nursery in 2 weeks, and i will be looking for a new church for our children and me... there is too much pain and resentment right now to keep thw mascarade.... i just have to remember that this was something we both needed to happen... pray for peace.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Sometime branching out to new people and support networks can make a huge difference. I couldn't continue going to the church we had been members of together. It is important to make new relationships and gather as much support as you can.

It takes time, but new people, places, and things can be a blessing.

Upvote 0