Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
As an artistic and expressive person, I often struggle with my own emotional makeup. Particularly nervousness or anxiety, and irritability. Especially when I am at "work" in the secular world. Did I just answer my own question?

I have a lot of pressure to keep my percentages at an acceptable value, and when calls are flying in I start getting nervous, especially when my numbers are dwindling and the vast number of calls coming in are dropping me into an almost unimpeachable hole of numbers. Like .... trying to turn 22 / 2 into 33%. And then, I start getting angry, and sometimes I express this anger onto the callers the moment I answer the phone with a sarcastic tone of voice that continues throughout the call, worsening my likelihood of getting a sale. when in the beginning of the day I said to myself, "Everyone who is calling in today is made in God's image, so love them."

There are many other instances where my own emotions cause me to commit sin, and I find myself rebuked. I know that this emotion makes my art stronger, but it also makes it very easy for me to lose my way. I have come back to God recently, maybe like a prodigal son kind of story. I have lost my way a couple of different times in my life, and I would like to hope that NOW I am back for good. I am starting my true work for God, my real purpose, and I don't want it tainted by my any negative emotion. I try to study and use discernment to find hidden truths about calming oneself from other people's points of view. Meditation and frequencies of sound mostly. Like Tibetan singing bowls. Though their foundation may be a lie, God did create these frequencies and their affect on us. Humans just figured out a way to play the sounds that were already a part of the universe.

What do you do to keep these human emotions at bay? OR can you even

Reactions: Sarah G

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Work (and family events) can take my spirituality gauge from 100 to 1 very quickly. And my irritation gauge from 1 to 100 very quickly. Praying is all I can do to get through it. Repetitive prayer although that sometimes makes my head too busy. Sometimes I start doing physical movements in slow motion, that seems to really help me (sounds weird maybe). Telesales is really stressful because you can't slow down or anything. I don't know, I'm sorry. I really wish I had some useful advice. I like Gregorian chanting, anything that transports me aurally to the spiritual platform and away from the suffering. I hope someone has something useful for you.

Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Work (and family events) can take my spirituality gauge from 100 to 1 very quickly. And my irritation gauge from 1 to 100 very quickly. Praying is all I can do to get through it. Repetitive prayer although that sometimes makes my head too busy. Sometimes I start doing physical movements in slow motion, that seems to really help me (sounds weird maybe). Telesales is really stressful because you can't slow down or anything. I don't know, I'm sorry. I really wish I had some useful advice. I like Gregorian chanting, anything that transports me aurally to the spiritual platform and away from the suffering. I hope someone has something useful for you.

Physical movements in slow motion??? This is very very astute. Essentially lowering and calming your vibrational frequency from the body up, and your spirit follows suit. Very astute.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As an artistic and expressive person, I often struggle with my own emotional makeup.
Notice how calm God is and so creative.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

God's love is gentle and quiet and "incorruptible" against nasty and negative and irritable anger >

"the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (in James 1:19-20)

But in God's love, we are in our Creator's own love with His creativity being shared with us, so we can do His art . . . of loving any and all people while being pleasing to Him and sharing with Him.

• Useful
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
in the beginning of the day I said to myself, "Everyone who is calling in today is made in God's image, so love them."
The Bible does say we need to love others because of how each one is made in the image of God. But I can take something like this and use it only in theory . . . until my true nature gets tested and exposed. Then I can see my need to seek our Heavenly Father for real correction which only God can do . . . so better than my own self-disciplining effort > Hebrews 12:4-11.

For me, loving includes how God's love does not have us only using anyone. But first we care for each and every person. No one is treated like an object or an obstacle.

So, if I am trying to make a sale, I need to not be only trying to use someone to make my money, but even care about if my product can be good for that person. By the way, God "gives us richly all things to enjoy," we have in 1 Timothy 6:17. So, something being good can include something being enjoyable.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At one point I tried to slow time down by doing what a small child does and simply noticing and appreciating every little moment of every day.
It seemed to work. But as you say the weeds of life quickly pop up to engulf any sense of spiritual tranquility if we allow them.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I'm reading this right

This was very helpful.

I would also like to say that my job is one of those, "Legal Scams" That typically trap older people into thinking they have to buy something to win a bunch of money. Most of the time, they don't even know exactly how much they've paid or sign up for and Discernment tells me they are hurting themselves and don't even know it. It breaks my heart. But I'm being recorded and listened to on a call by call basis, ESPECIALLY if my numbers are low. I can only do so much to help. If they say the exact right response to the right things, it's legal and they have no option but to pay it or take a big credit hit. And it's not even for anything useful. It's for the spreading of Propaganda in magazines and tricking people into thinking that

"Beauty and social entertaining" are "Family Issues."

And all kinds of other secular and hurtful magazines like Rolling Stone, even PLAYBOY used to be on there and if somebody picks it, you gotta just go with it even if tears ARE starting to brim in your eyes. You can't just be like, Hey come on man, don't you want something nice like Better Homes and Gardens instead...

But thankfully I think since so many Christian people are calling into this place, they removed it from the list.

We have other magazines like "Christianity Today" and "Charisma" "Men of Integrity" which claim to be good... the description of "Charisma" says, "Charisma provides teaching articles to help readers apply Bible Teachings to every day experiences."

SO when I sell one of those, I'm like Alright cool hopefully I didn't help Hitler spread propaganda today. This job is providing resource for me to live in my own place by myself, albeit it's in a run down trailer park but I've made a nice home out of it. People forget they are in a trailer park when they walk inside. When I first got this job back in december, I needed it so bad and I didn't even know how much, and i knew i needed it a lot. I work at home, never have to leave and make a decent amount of money doing it. It is providing me with the other resources i need to accomplish my work of love.

And I haven't really looked into the magazines that claim to be christian yet to see if it's really good, or just more "Family Circle"
Many of us live in compromised circumstance to a greater or lesser degree.

Think of the many Christian prostitutes in the world who have a choice between the starvation of their families and the work that they do, so they keep on doing it, hoping for the day that they can escape.

When we live a life that conflicts with who we are in Christ it causes deep hurt. If He does not provide a way out then we really need to cling to and rest in His grace and mercy for a time, maybe a long time.

As much as possible (as you seem to be doing) we should set our minds on the things of the Spirit, and do not concern ourselves with things of the flesh. He will take care of these things in His time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you do to keep these human emotions at bay? OR can you even
While I am doing unloving things, I am in weakness so it is harder to manage my emotions.

For example, while I am just using someone, I am not loving the person. While I am using someone, I am not in the strength and goodness of God's love which would make me strong with immunity against selfish anger and unforgiveness and guilt and shame and blaming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
While I am doing unloving things, I am in weakness so it is harder to manage my emotions.

For example, while I am just using someone, I am not loving the person. While I am using someone, I am not in the strength and goodness of God's love which would make me strong with immunity against selfish anger and unforgiveness and guilt and shame and blaming.

Thank you very much for your response, it is full of love.

I had a revelation since posting this original thread. A big one.

It was not emotion that was stopping me, at least not emotion alone. I was living under the law of flesh and eating its' fruit. I was one of many "Christians" who are dying inside because that is the destiny of all who are in this world.

And then I figured out what it means when the Bible says, "Many are called, but few are chosen."

I have been chosen to die of my flesh in the here and now, and follow after the fruits of the spirit with every step and every word.

I am at peace. Thank you all for your concern

Upvote 0