• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Emetophobia?

mitzisdad

Oct 1, 2012
✟15,119.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
because during a hospital stay last year, I got so anxious thinking that I was going to strangle on my saliva and afraid to take something to calm me down because that affected my swallowing.

I got through it, thank God.

It sounds like you've got a mindful of negative thoughts crashing together that are causing you to over-analyze the situation. You need some peace, I'm thinking.

I had a lot of anger for several years and learned something that really helped me. I've learned that getting the negative thinking under control helps with a lot of issues.

I don't know if my experience will help you, but I'll be happy to send you more information if you want it.

God bless,
Rod
info(at)findingpersonalpeace.com

Upvote 0

Aalia

~away with the faeries~
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
✟7,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I used to. I used to be really bad & stopped eating as a result. The doctor said that it was more about loss of control than of the actual vomiting itself. I got put on anti-emetics. If you haven't already, check out emetophobia(dot)org - it's a community full of people who suffer the same fear. I used to read/post there, but found it made my anxiety worse. You might find it helpful, though.

Upvote 0

lipensfan

Oct 9, 2012
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
YES! I've had it since I was a kid. And Yes, it's very bad. Any kind of stomach feeling and it's a full blown panic attack. I wash my hands like 400 times a day, rarely eat out, throw things about way before the "sell by" date, and barely leave the house in the winter months. I know the feeling and live with it every day.

Upvote 0