✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dumb american said:
sure you can punish someone for speaking their mind...but that is just childish. But by God everyone has the right to be childish, although I think Jesus would roll his eyes that people would be so conformed to the world as to allow their egos to get upset about such a triviality. I did'nt realize that sensitivity was so prized by people that support a warmonger. I would have expected Bush cheerleaders to be stronger than that. Anyway nationalism is a disease.

You should be careful to espouse what you "think" Jesus would do or say. Did you ever read where He rolled His eyes even once in the Bible? You come here to generalize, criticize, bait and troll. Do you think Christ wants you to start arguments? God Bless you for your opinions, but attacking people with unnecessary comments on their character, beliefs, or whatever it may be will only continue to get your posts deleted.

God Bless you..and I pray you find guidance.

Upvote 0

vanshan

A Sinner
Mar 5, 2004
✟13,268.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think it's hilarious how all of the U.S. celebrities campaigned so strongly for John Kerry and made numerous attacks on Bush, but Bush still won. Their influence is over-rated. I agree with everyone on here who has said, "Shut up and sing." That's all the celebrities are paid to do. They are just there to dance, sing, and entertain. Isn't that one of the lowest professions?

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
dumb american said:
sure you can punish someone for speaking their mind...but that is just childish. But by God everyone has the right to be childish, although I think Jesus would roll his eyes that people would be so conformed to the world as to allow their egos to get upset about such a triviality. I did'nt realize that sensitivity was so prized by people that support a warmonger. I would have expected Bush cheerleaders to be stronger than that. Anyway nationalism is a disease.
No, its not childish at all. if they are going to link their music and their political opinion they its their fault if they get hit in the pocketbook for it, that's their own fault.

Upvote 0
D

dumb american

Whyzdom said:
You should be careful to espouse what you "think" Jesus would do or say. Did you ever read where He rolled His eyes even once in the Bible? You come here to generalize, criticize, bait and troll. Do you think Christ wants you to start arguments? God Bless you for your opinions, but attacking people with unnecessary comments on their character, beliefs, or whatever it may be will only continue to get your posts deleted.

Your conjecture does not resemble my motives. My response is formed by the limitations of conciousness displayed on this forum over the past months, and the adaptation by many of the political propaganda that contaminates the United States. Once again America is forcing its will on those unable to defend themselves from American agression...actually I come here to discuss the issues of life and the world, and find Christians fueding with other christians, people degrading everything that does not fit into the right wing agenda, and an unballanced, inobjective subnerted religiosity that does not in any way reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ, but does resemble the "religious" christianity that supported pogroms, inquisitions and witch hunts. The spirit of condemnation kept alive by that contaminated christianity undermines the teachings of Christ and is in fact the same religious hipocrracy that Christ opposed so vehemetly, before those same holier than thou Pharesees arranged his murder. And it is that same oppresive spirit that is supporting hatred towards moslems today, much like it supported hatred towards Jews and Mislems in the past. The indwelling Holy Spirit abhors such deluded religiosity. As for the unnecessesary comments that people like you have been fostering, one need only follow your argumentation over the last few weeks. I find it interesting that right wing views are acceptable here but all other views are constrained. That is not the way of Jesus and that is not the atmosphere of a free society, but rather the elitist contamination of democracy and freedom of speech. Perhaps you should watch your own commentary and apply the same standard you put on others. Meanwhile it is imperitive to speak out against the fallacy and lies of the Bush administration as long as they are the instrument of killing innocent people and establishing puppet governments on the pretext of of alleged threats. Anyone with respect for the rule of law, who ignores the double mindedness of the Bush doctrine helps pave the way forthe antichrist. Sorry if our views do not coincide, sorry if you will not tollerate other views than the agenda you have been fostering...I am not a lemming, and my mind will speak as the spirit moves me. Weither or not I am silenced by the intollerant or not, matters not one bit. I will give my wittness whenever the Spirit moves me and leave to others the politicaly correct adaptation of a particular status quo. People who reject criticism based on nationalism are merely conformed to the world and their own egos...lovers of themselves one might say. Peace be with you, I will pray for your overcomming of your weaknesses.

Upvote 0
D

dumb american

Whyzdom said:

Your conjecture does not resemble my motives. My response is formed by the limitations of conciousness displayed on this forum over the past months, and the adaptation by many of the political propaganda that contaminates the United States. Once again America is forcing its will on those unable to defend themselves from American agression...actually I come here to discuss the issues of life and the world, and find Christians fueding with other christians, people degrading everything that does not fit into the right wing agenda, and an unballanced, inobjective subnerted religiosity that does not in any way reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ, but does resemble the "religious" christianity that supported pogroms, inquisitions and witch hunts. The spirit of condemnation kept alive by that contaminated christianity undermines the teachings of Christ and is in fact the same religious hipocrracy that Christ opposed so vehemetly, before those same holier than thou Pharesees arranged his murder. And it is that same oppresive spirit that is supporting hatred towards moslems today, much like it supported hatred towards Jews and Mislems in the past. The indwelling Holy Spirit abhors such deluded religiosity. As for the unnecessesary comments that people like you have been fostering, one need only follow your argumentation over the last few weeks. I find it interesting that right wing views are acceptable here but many other views are constrained. That is not the way of Jesus and that is not the atmosphere of a free society, but rather the elitist contamination of democracy and freedom of speech. Perhaps you should watch your own commentary and apply the same standard you put on others.I for one won't imploy the feminine way of fighting by eliciting others to abide by my conceit of calling another person a hipocrite.No I will be direct as befits my personality, and will allow you the same. When you break the intention of the rules, I will not go running to a mod to sort it out. That kind of false interaction is what is wrong with America, running to the authorities about petty things that people should simply resolve amongst themselves. Relying on censorship construct that ignores the natural course of interaction is a mistake. Meanwhile it is imperitive to speak out against the fallacy and lies of the Bush administration as long as they are the instrument of killing innocent people and establishing puppet governments on the pretext of of alleged threats. Anyone with respect for the rule of law, who ignores the double mindedness of the Bush doctrine helps pave the way forthe antichrist. Sorry if our views do not coincide, sorry if you will not tollerate other views than the agenda you have been fostering...I am not a lemming, and my mind will speak as the spirit moves me. Weither or not I am silenced by the intollerant or not, matters not one bit. I will give my witness whenever the Spirit moves me and leave to others the politicaly correct adaptation of a particular status quo.The paradigm where the intollerant silence the voice of righteous indignation by design is not one I subscribe to. People who reject criticism based on nationalism are merely conformed to the world and their own egos...lovers of themselves one might say. Peace be with you, I will pray for your overcoming of your weaknesses.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
dumb american said:
Your conjecture does not resemble my motives. My response is formed by the limitations of conciousness displayed on this forum over the past months, and the adaptation by many of the political propaganda that contaminates the United States. Once again America is forcing its will on those unable to defend themselves from American agression...actually I come here to discuss the issues of life and the world, and find Christians fueding with other christians, people degrading everything that does not fit into the right wing agenda, and an unballanced, inobjective subnerted religiosity that does not in any way reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ, but does resemble the "religious" christianity that supported pogroms, inquisitions and witch hunts. The spirit of condemnation kept alive by that contaminated christianity undermines the teachings of Christ and is in fact the same religious hipocrracy that Christ opposed so vehemetly, before those same holier than thou Pharesees arranged his murder. And it is that same oppresive spirit that is supporting hatred towards moslems today, much like it supported hatred towards Jews and Mislems in the past. The indwelling Holy Spirit abhors such deluded religiosity. As for the unnecessesary comments that people like you have been fostering, one need only follow your argumentation over the last few weeks. I find it interesting that right wing views are acceptable here but all other views are constrained. That is not the way of Jesus and that is not the atmosphere of a free society, but rather the elitist contamination of democracy and freedom of speech. Perhaps you should watch your own commentary and apply the same standard you put on others. Meanwhile it is imperitive to speak out against the fallacy and lies of the Bush administration as long as they are the instrument of killing innocent people and establishing puppet governments on the pretext of of alleged threats. Anyone with respect for the rule of law, who ignores the double mindedness of the Bush doctrine helps pave the way forthe antichrist. Sorry if our views do not coincide, sorry if you will not tollerate other views than the agenda you have been fostering...I am not a lemming, and my mind will speak as the spirit moves me. Weither or not I am silenced by the intollerant or not, matters not one bit. I will give my wittness whenever the Spirit moves me and leave to others the politicaly correct adaptation of a particular status quo. People who reject criticism based on nationalism are merely conformed to the world and their own egos...lovers of themselves one might say. Peace be with you, I will pray for your overcomming of your weaknesses.

"Weither or not I am silenced by the intollerant or not, matters not one bit. I will give my wittness whenever the Spirit moves me and leave to others the politicaly correct adaptation of a particular status quo."

There is a difference between when the spirit moves you and when your emotions move you. Just wanted to make that distinction.

As for your sermon on WWJD, I believe he would want those people to be free, just as we do, and thus why are are fighting :) Remember, freedom isn't free all the time, I think Christ knows that since he fought for ours on the cross.

Upvote 0

shprdslamb7

Kooky end-times believer
Nov 11, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟1,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
People who reject criticism based on nationalism are merely conformed to the world and their own egos...lovers of themselves one might say.
See, this is where you are not understanding. No one is saying that others do not have the right to voice their opinion...but, that when they voice them...we can ignore them. Or, choose to not support their voices.

You talk of Nazis and witch hunts...what could be more oppressive than forcing someone to pay for a celebrity's political opinion?

But, hey that's just my opinion. And, it's my choice to leave this discussion due to its ridiculous nature. :doh:

Trolling anyone?

Upvote 0
D

dumb american

Outspoken said:
"Weither or not I am silenced by the intollerant or not, matters not one bit. I will give my wittness whenever the Spirit moves me and leave to others the politicaly correct adaptation of a particular status quo."

There is a difference between when the spirit moves you and when your emotions move you. Just wanted to make that distinction.

As for your sermon on WWJD, I believe he would want those people to be free, just as we do, and thus why are are fighting :) Remember, freedom isn't free all the time, I think Christ knows that since he fought for ours on the cross.
yes you make valid points, and there is a difference between anger and righteous indignation, and the hipocracy inherant in the human condition was one of Christ's targets, as well as the imperfect religious and cultural mores that opressed the common man. Certainly most Christians really want the same things, and perhaps to people of other faiths as well, however it is the methodology of violence as a vehicle for change that I do not see Jesus supporting in any way. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
dumb american said:
yes you make valid points, and there is a difference between anger and righteous indignation, and the hipocracy inherant in the human condition was one of Christ's targets, as well as the imperfect religious and cultural mores that opressed the common man. Certainly most Christians really want the same things, and perhaps to people of other faiths as well, however it is the methodology of violence as a vehicle for change that I do not see Jesus supporting in any way. Peace be with you.
Please show me where Christ dealt with oppressiong cultural morals in relation to govenrment please. That would be a handy reference.
I would disgree, God, whom Christ is, uses force to change many things. check out revelation or the OT, why do you think Christ was portrayed as a warrior?

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
however it is the methodology of violence as a vehicle for change that I do not see Jesus supporting in any way.
From major to minor prophets God foretold of wars and used it as a method of change. and then to Jesus talking about the destruction of the Temple down to not even one stone resting on another, and it happened!, Rome crushed the place and scattered the Jews........... and you don't see what?

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dumb american said:

Matthew 7:3 - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Re: the OP - Ah well, I think Elton John needs some therapy, for goodness sakes! First Britney, then the Asian Press, then Madonna, and now our President. Basically, who HASN'T he "blasted off" about lately?? He's an angry little man, isn't he? :o

I saw him in concert a few years ago (a friend offered me a free ticket). Was never a huge fan, but I did enjoy his show very much. I agree with the poll in regard to ALL musicians who comment on their "hatred" for a particular politician. "Shut up and sing". LOL!

Kid Rock said it best recently with something like, "George W. Bush ain't been going around saying y'all make sh**ty records. Music and politics is like mixing whisky & wine". :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zackmeister

Just a poor sinner
Sep 7, 2004
Texas
✟687.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
GMRELIC said:
I have yet to see any celebraty that just because they thought differenty than I do, that I would boycotte thier music, movies, etc. They are entitled to thier opinion, it is not going to make me hate them because they don't think the way I do.
I don't think anyone mentioned hating them for their opinions, just refusing to support them. Say a celebrity supported laws that would adversely affect your freedom, then would you want to support that celebrity with your money so they can gain an even greater voice? Case in point, I try to avoid entertainers that are in favor of gun bans or onerous regulation of guns. I don't hate them or want to keep them from their opinion, I just don't want to support them with my money.

Upvote 0