Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Elon Musk is engaging with white nationalists and antisemites who want to ban the Anti-Defamation League from Twitter, the influential social media platform he now calls “X.”

The ADL has an interesting history, what do yall think about this?

Elon is losing grip on reality and showing his lack of knowledge on how companies decide where to advertise. Even if he successfully defeats ADL, Twitter is still a mess. And it is a mess that will only be fixed if they put some moderation on it. Then the companies might come back.

But it will be a slow process and how much they are willing to spend may not even be at the same level as before. By throwing open the gates of moderation for the trolls, racists, etc. he has made it a less welcoming place to be.
Twitter is actually MUCH better than it was under the police state days of this current Administration silencing and deplatforming anyone who spoke on certain topics via inside channels into Twitter. It was great while Musk was in charge himself.

Now he's hired someone with some of the old habits, and certain posters are "deboosted" not deplatformed now. It's a shame.
Some of you would probably like it better now.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Twitter is actually MUCH better than it was under the police state days of this current Administration silencing and deplatforming anyone who spoke on certain topics via inside channels into Twitter. It was great while Musk was in charge himself.

Now he's hired someone with some of the old habits, and certain posters are "deboosted" not deplatformed now. It's a shame.
Much better? So you are fine with the verbal abuse, racist comments, and general abuse going on? There is a reason certain posters are deboosted now. Elon is trying to get users to come back and keep the ones that are on the platform now.

If you are fine with Twitter as it is now, you can keep it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That makes no sense. The current adminstration at Twitter *is* the Musk one. This sounds like the old RW complaints about the previous administration of Twitter under "@"jack.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Most of Twitter was a sewer before Elmo took the reins.
Now X is a sewer that empties into a swamp trashed with tons of microplastics.
Progress!

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well if you like what remains you can have it. I hung on for quite awhile thinking maybe those I followed and enjoyed their content might come back. It only became more of a ghost town with the vile types having free reign. I finally bid Twitter adieu permanently when X became official.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Much better? So you are fine with the verbal abuse, racist comments, and general abuse going on? There is a reason certain posters are deboosted now. Elon is trying to get users to come back and keep the ones that are on the platform now.

If you are fine with Twitter as it is now, you can keep it.
I don't see that nonsense. I follow things that interest me and people who are articulate. You decide. It was a disaster before, so bad that a federal court has upheld the ruling that the Administration cannot make demands to silence people anymore.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I did not see this coming.

SAN FRANCISCO — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to fly to the heart of Silicon Valley on Monday to meet with X owner Elon Musk in an effort to help ease an escalating crisis over antisemitism on the struggling social media platform.

This summer, Netanyahu smoothed things over in a conversation with Musk after the X owner repeated antisemitic tropes about Jewish financier George Soros. Netanyahu’s government minister tasked with fighting antisemitism made of point of saying that Musk’s comments were not antisemitic, despite widespread outcry in Israel.

Upvote 0