Egyptian Creation Myths and Genesis 1-2 Part 2 (a must read!)

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I discovered this awesome find and found this to be a very, very interesting take on how we should regard Genesis 1-2. The closing statements are an absolute eye-opening, mind-blowing revelation!

Screenshot_20231117-005949_Xodo.jpg
Screenshot_20231117-010000_Xodo.jpg
Screenshot_20231117-010013_Xodo.jpg
Screenshot_20231117-010115_Xodo.jpg

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I discovered this awesome find and found this to be a very, very interesting take on how we should regard Genesis 1-2. The closing statements are an absolute eye-opening, mind-blowing revelation!

View attachment 339387View attachment 339388View attachment 339389View attachment 339390

It's likely true. You'll find polemics against other religions or ideas throughout the bible. Rev 12:17 and 14:2 speaks of those who keep the commandments of God. They are polemics against the antinomians of the first century, spoken of as those "who turn the grace of our God into lewdness" found at Jude 4.

But speaking of polemics, the serpent in the garden who tempted Eve was condemned to crawl on its belly. If it was cursed to crawl on its belly it must have had legs before. To find it, look for a serpent with legs. There is one on the Ishtar Gate of Babylon. It looks like this:

legged serpent.jpg

Reactions: Ephesians321
Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's likely true. You'll find polemics against other religions or ideas throughout the bible. Rev 12:17 and 14:2 speaks of those who keep the commandments of God. They are polemics against the antinomians of the first century, spoken of as those "who turn the grace of our God into lewdness" found at Jude 4.

But speaking of polemics, the serpent in the garden who tempted Eve was condemned to crawl on its belly. If it was cursed to crawl on its belly it must have had legs before. To find it, look for a serpent with legs. There is one on the Ishtar Gate of Babylon. It looks like this:

View attachment 339397
I do not understand your reference between Revelation 14:2 and the antinomians. But Revelation 12 speaks of religious and political powers that attempted to kill Jesus upon his birth then attempted to silence the new born church forever. The earth (Rome) protected the Church for a period under the reign of Claudius Caesar (the Restrainer, the Angel that binds Satan) who during his reign issued the Alexandrian Letter throughout the Empire that introduced a religio licita law that prohibited the Jewish persecution from arresting Christians, brought into trial and jailed, tortured, or executed. But Claudius Caesar was murdered and who ascended immediately to the throne but his adopted son Nero Caesar, the Beast of Revelation. The persecution of Christians by Nero occurred between AD Nov. 64 to June 68, approximately 3.5 years.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I do not understand your reference between Revelation 14:2 and the antinomians. But Revelation 12 speaks of religious and political powers that attempted to kill Jesus upon his birth then attempted to silence the new born church forever. The earth (Rome) protected the Church for a period under the reign of Claudius Caesar (the Restrainer, the Angel that binds Satan) who during his reign issued the Alexandrian Letter throughout the Empire that introduced a religio licita law that prohibited the Jewish persecution from arresting Christians, brought into trial and jailed, tortured, or executed. But Claudius Caesar was murdered and who ascended immediately to the throne but his adopted son Nero Caesar, the Beast of Revelation. The persecution of Christians by Nero occurred between AD Nov. 64 to June 68, approximately 3.5 years.

I'm sorry. I meant Rev 14:12.

Bu the powers described as attempting to kill Jesus included Herod and the slaughter of the innocents. The place the woman fled to was Egypt. And there was a lot of persecution here and there, but mainly the Roman/Jewish war. It lasted for seven years. At the midpoint, 3.5 years into it, the temple was destroyed. During it, and shortly after, people were killed by "sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth."

Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry. I meant Rev 14:12.

Bu the powers described as attempting to kill Jesus included Herod and the slaughter of the innocents. The place the woman fled to was Egypt. And there was a lot of persecution here and there, but mainly the Roman/Jewish war. It lasted for seven years. At the midpoint, 3.5 years into it, the temple was destroyed. During it, and shortly after, people were killed by "sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth."
Please remember the enemies of God found throughout Revelation are given fantastic and demonic images and that never changes from chapter 1 to chapter 22. Christ is destroying Satanic personifications or powers even found in the Jewish and Roman officials, rulers, and government. And these are the ones Christ destroyed at his A.D. 70 Parousia and cast into the Lake of Fire. These never switch into literal demons and Satan.

The Beast = Nero Caesar (who had a Jewish proselyte wife) whose persecution of the Church was so monstrous it is called the Great Tribulation
The Dragon = Rome
Baylonian Harlot = Jerusalem
False Prophet = Jewish officials who persecute, resembles a Lamb but speaks like a Dragon
Synagogue of Satan = Jewish officials who persecute
The Wedding Banquet = Jerusalem A.D. 70
The Angel That Binds = Claudius Caesar and a religio licita law that temporarily restrained Jewish officials and their persecution fell under imperial disfavor

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 339387View attachment 339388View attachment 339389View attachment 339390
Have you watched Micheal Heisers 5 hour lecture where he talks a little about egyptian context in genesis?

The other scholar I appreciate on this topic is John walton.

And of course John Waltons Lost World book series.

Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you watched Micheal Heisers 5 hour lecture where he talks a little about egyptian context in genesis?

The other scholar I appreciate on this topic is John walton.

And of course John Waltons Lost World book series.
Hey thanks I will definitely check them out.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 339397
Crawling on its belly does not mean that a snake had legs prior.

It could simply be the difference of a cobra standing up in a threatening position verses becoming docile and crawling on its belly.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 6.26.20 PM.png

so for example, the above would be a standing cobra. Not standing because it has legs, but standing because thats what cobras do when theyre in an aggressive or dangerous stance.

And crawling on its belly would be submissive and defeated.

The serpent was also cursed to eat dust. And dust being associated with mortality may indicate that Satan was casted out of a heavenly world and down to an earthly world. or perhaps even to sheol.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Crawling on its belly does not mean that a snake had legs prior.
But yet it does mean just that, snakes had legs prior,
now destined to crawl on their bellies.

The animal form that Satan took on in order to deceive Eve.
God told the serpent after Adam and Eve ate of the tree “Upon thy
belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life”

Scientists have discovered that snakes did indeed once have legs

Fossils show this—and even today, boas and pythons exhibit vestigial
“leg spurs” and still have the embedded gene for regrowing the limbs.

A mutation in the “enhancer” which activates the gene,
prevents it from being in the “on” position.

Geneticist Axel Visel stated “[O]ne of many components of the
dna instructions needed for making limbs in snakes, it’s broken.”

Snakes did have legs at one time, but a mutation in the gene was broken
by God or has suppressed it to not work after the garden even
And crawling on its belly would be submissive and defeated.

Satan is still called "the god of this current age/world.
Genesis 3:15 prophecy has only been half fulfilled so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But yet it does mean just that, snakes had legs prior,
now destined to crawl on their bellies.

The animal form that Satan took on in order to deceive Eve.
God told the serpent after Adam and Eve ate of the tree “Upon thy
belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life”

Scientists have discovered that snakes did indeed once have legs

Fossils show this—and even today, boas and pythons exhibit vestigial
“leg spurs” and still have the embedded gene for regrowing the limbs.

A mutation in the “enhancer” which activates the gene,
prevents it from being in the “on” position.

Geneticist Axel Visel stated “[O]ne of many components of the
dna instructions needed for making limbs in snakes, it’s broken.”

Snakes did have legs at one time, but a mutation in the gene was broken
by God or has suppressed it to not work after the garden even

Satan is still called "the god of this current age/world.
Genesis 3:15 prophecy has only been half fulfilled so far.
The Bible is not a science textbook. I'm sorry if you're confused about whether or not Genesis teaches evolution of snakes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godsunworthyservant

Dec 10, 2023
WV
✟2,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This is all true and while I agree with part of the conclusion that "this suggests that Genesis was originally composed, not as a scientific treatise (or in my opinion a chronological historical account) but as a theological polemic." )That doesn't mean that even if it's not historically accurate (Neither were the Egyptians or the Sumerians. It kinda seems like no one cared about those things in those days)

I'll add one more thought for your consideration. If you take the Egyptian and the Sumerian creation and god writings together you'll find that there's even more similarities and correlations. Remember, not only were the Israelites in Egypt but Abraham was from Ur Kasdim or Ur of the Chaldeans. That is the Sumerian city commonly known simply as Ur.

That said, here's my Biblical take on this conundrum. The Bible tells us that in the beginning everyone knew and worshiped the same one and only God. Between then and the time of the flood, many had strayed and began worshiping many gods. Then presumably, after the flood, Noah and his offspring began again worshiping God. So, for at least a time after the flood everyone was worshiping the same. From there began the new religions that popped up as civilizations began to come together and wanted their own version of God (gods) and creation. Naturally they would all have many similarities. So, with that as a given it's no surprise, although it's something few aside from historians ever bother to explore.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Egyptian Creation Myths and Genesis 1-2
You have a big problem with number one.
‭‭God did not make the earth like that.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Earth’s initial creation may have occurred billions of years
before the creation of Adam. The Bible does not say how long
ago this was. Science says it could be 4.5 billion years ago.

2 And the earth [became] without form, and void;

H1961
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist,
that is, be or become, come to pass

Genesis 1:2 the word [was] should be translated became.
The Same word used when Lots wife [became] a pillar of salt.

Earth became [without form] and [void],

"without form" H8414
From an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface),
that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain:
- confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought,
vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.

"and void" H922
From an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, that is,
(superficially) an undistinguishable ruin: - emptiness, void.

God... created it [not in vain], he formed it
to be inhabited: .. Isaiah 45:18

My God is not the author of [confusion] 1 Cor 14:33
Fall of Satan event caused destruction, before the
garden event. Isaiah 14:13, 14, Ezekiel 28:17, Luke 10:18
-

"Thus saith the LORD , Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not
dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Upvote 0