Visit site
✟7,670.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a posting taken from my Blog... I cannot link to it, nor the audio of me reading this, because I don't have enough "Blessings"... sorry

October 27, 2007​
Editorial: It is a War, Stupid!​

I sit here this rainy Saturday afternoon and I have to wonder aloud. Why is America against our Military? I was reading this morning, the article in the Washington Post, which is, for lack of a better word, another Liberal smear piece, about the failing war in Iraq. Yes, I am aware that the decision of the Bush Administration to invade Iraq was, as we all know, a very stupid one. It was based upon faulty intelligence. I am quite aware of that.

However, we are there, we should follow through, I have said that many times on this Blog. If we do not, I believe, that we in the end will suffer, as will the Nation of Israel.

This article in the Washington Post, it concerns me greatly. Has our Military become so sissified, that they are so scared to go into a region that is not so, “America Friendly” in Iraq? I mean here is an example of what I am referring to:
“I hate this road,” someone says over the radio.
They stop, look around. The streets of Sadiyah are deserted again. To the right, power lines slump down into the dirt. To the left, what was a soccer field is now a pasture of trash, combusting and smoking in the sun. Packs of skinny wild dogs trot past walls painted with slogans of sectarian hate.

A bomb crater blocks one lane, so they cross to the other side, where houses are blackened by fire, shops crumbled into bricks. The remains of a car bomb serve as hideous public art. Sgt. Victor Alarcon’s Humvee rolls into a vast pool of knee-high brown sewage water — the soldiers call it Lake Havasu, after the Arizona spring-break party spot — that seeps in the doors of the vehicle and wets his boots.
I mean, whatever happened to American grit? What ever happened to soldiers who were real men, who toughed it out and did not complain about the conditions, did their jobs and kept their mouths shut, Because they knew that it was their duty to serve their country? My God, has our Military become overran with pansy feminine boys, who shutter of actually getting a little dirty, while fighting a war? Thank you Liberals, I sure hope you are happy with your creation. No wonder things in Iraq took a turn for the worse, not because of the Iraqis, but because of the “girly man” idiots that we have recruited for an Army.

The rest of this article is more of the same Liberal screed that says the war is not worth the effort, that we should just cut our losses and pull out of Iraq. That we should leave that Nation to rebuild its own self, after we basically destroyed the infrastructure.

I hate to say this, but if this is the kind of Armed Forces, we have in this country. No wonder we lost Vietnam and are now most likely going to lose Iraq as well. I know it sounds harsh. However, it is the truth. The quicker we get into our heads that war is not always pretty and easy. The quicker this war will become winnable. I dare to think what would have happened, if our World War II soldiers had acted like this. We probably would be under Japanese rule today.

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah. I'd expect that kind of a reply from the likes of you.
A person who spent 8 years of his life in the Marines? A person who was only an expert with the M16 A2? A person who had intended to make a career of the Corps but became disillusioned because of the Iraq War?

I'm a liberal. I enlisted in the Marines and received an honorable discharge when I felt I could no longer serve.

Bring that crap OP somewhere else.

Upvote 0