✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Human Fraternity

Guess who they forgot to invite to the festivities? Answer – Jesus Christ, His Name appears nowhere and is never mentioned. I wonder who the ‘honored guest” is then? Hmm.

Hmm I wonder what dinner is really happening?

But fraternity of believers is a much better term than brotherhood which seems to exclude females. Good news ...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But fraternity of believers is a much better term than brotherhood which seems to exclude females.
Siblinghood?
full
(Fraternity is male, too. Sorority is female...)

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.--GC 588 (1911).

Yes it has started

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Siblinghood?
full
(Fraternity is male, too. Sorority is female...)
That's apparently only in the Americas :)

fra·ter·ni·ty
[frəˈtərnədē]
NOUN
  1. a group of people sharing a common profession or interests:
    "members of the hunting fraternity"
    synonyms:
    profession · body of workers · band · group · set · circle

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I looked up the term, it was invented by GK Chesterson. The site in the OP itself is kind of conspiracy theory like. I couldn't find other references to it or confirmation that this is what it is being self identified as.

So I assume Chrislam is being used as a derogatory term in this context?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I looked up the term, it was invented by GK Chesterson. The site in the OP itself is kind of conspiracy theory like. I couldn't find other references to it or confirmation that this is what it is being self identified as.

So I assume Chrislam is being used as a derogatory term in this context?
I would think so.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems like the Vatican is leading in the eucmenism movement to include other religions, as well as consolidation of the denominations within Christianity.

I think that site, my initial opinion, believes in a coming one world religion as a makeup of the religions of the world, under the beast. Rather than the eradication of all current religions to be replaced by the worship of the beast and his dogma/doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems like the Vatican is leading in the eucmenism movement to include other religions, as well as consolidation of the denominations within Christianity..
The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.--GC 588 (1911).

Yes it has started
What is that 1911 writ that states Protestants will lead. That seems entirely off from what is actually happening with the Catholics joining with Muslems. I think we saw this coming from a few years ago now. But it is now only according to RCC or what?

I just don't believe the pope speaks for Christianity. Sorry if that offends anyone but ..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just don't believe the pope speaks for Christianity. Sorry if that offends anyone but ..
The pope has influence, but for those of us who are not Catholics do not regard him as the spokesman for Christianity as a whole.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think just about everything in the article is fantasy. First of all, this is not being led by pope Francis. I also don't see anyone using the term "ecuminism" besides the link in the OP, just like nobody has used the word Chrislam. o_O

...Looks like a lot of baloney to me.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think just about everything in the article is fantasy. First of all, this is not being led by pope Francis. I also don't see anyone using the term "ecuminism" besides the link in the OP, just like nobody has used the word Chrislam. o_O

...Looks like a lot of baloney to me.
Well, the pope is in the photo-opt, yes ?

That link says...."the Human Fraternity document created by Pope Francis of the Vatican"

Are you saying that statement is not true? I am asking, I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the pope is in the photo-opt, yes ?

That link says...."the Human Fraternity document created by Pope Francis of the Vatican"

Are you saying that statement is not true? I am asking, I don't know.

Yes, a fraternity of peace and non-violence.. But I don't see the word "ecuminism" being used, since the conference included Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Ecuminism is a term reserved for Christian's only.

So that's why I think the article is making things up. It's all fantasy.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, a fraternity of peace and non-violence.. But I don't see the word "ecuminism" being used, since the conference included Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Ecuminism is a term reserved for Christian's only.
okay, fine. Good points.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From what I can tell, the site in question (apart from being conspiratorial and incidentally also thinks the King James Version is the only English bible anyone should use) has a history of making grand proclamations about how important something is going to be for the end times, only to then move onto other things when it doesn't pan out. Or so is argued here:
We Are In an End-Times Lull, so Geoffrey Grider Casually Switches Web Content
Now The End Begins Geoffrey Grider Has Gone All In

What is that 1911 writ that states Protestants will lead. That seems entirely off from what is actually happening with the Catholics joining with Muslems. I think we saw this coming from a few years ago now. But it is now only according to RCC or what?
The "GC" from 1911 they're quoting from is The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White, one of the founders of Seventh-Day Adventism.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me reading the word of God.. if I was standing with them not against.. GOD sees me with them and I take part in that sin. Its not of God and no believer in Jesus Christ should be part of this. This has been known for so many years now.

As God told me once when I asked how can you send all these people to hell? He came back with "for God so loved the world. Everyone gets a choice". Some are trying to climb over...you will never get in. Forgive me if I offended.. never meant to

Upvote 0