Jul 30, 2006
Hailsham, England
✟15,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I have just read that according to a survey 88% of the UK and 85% of the USA are Christian, I know that these statistics are a long way from reality, my question is do we make it too easy for people to become Christians?
If these figures are any way close, are there millions of people who think they are Christians but are not?

MATTHEW 7:21
[FONT=&quot]"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!'

[/FONT] What changes would you expect to see in a new Christian’s lifestyle?
It has been said that the world looks at the church, and sees a mirror.[FONT=&quot] What do you think?[/FONT]

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We don't make it either easy or difficult to become a Christian. The term is not political, but personal and individual.

So whether some of those large majority of people who consider them Christian are or are not truly Christian, I would sincerely think that a good deal of them are not. Which ones are or are not, I won't presume to speculate on.

Upvote 0

Ino

Nov 25, 2006
Oxford
✟15,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do we make it too easy for people to become Christians?
How is that even possible? All you really need is to accept Christ as your Saviour.
Sure, there are plenty of people living in false security, but that doesn't mean we should make things more difficult. If anything, we should make churches more accesible.

Upvote 0

oberland

Jul 30, 2006
Hailsham, England
✟15,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Did you read the percentage figures posted above? According to the statistics the UK and USA are over eighty percent Christian! Is that reflected in your experience? Can any country that claims to be over eighty percent Christian have abortion, divorce, murder, and general crime rates that ours have, and still be Christian?

Again I come back to the society in which you and I live, I don’t see eight out of every ten people living the life of a Christian do you? Something is not right, and when we make it easier (see ino’s post) to supposedly become a Christian, we are improving on the same tactics that has got us where we are today, everyone’s a believer but no one wants to change!

Judges 21:25b every man did what was right in his own eyes.

I’m not advocating legalism, but we need to get back to the book, and see what the book says about those who are born again, and painful though it might be it will involve a stricter application of what the Bible defines as a Christian, and many will be faced with a choice, shape up or ship out!

Oberland

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,
I have just read that according to a survey 88% of the UK and 85% of the USA are Christian, I know that these statistics are a long way from reality, my question is do we make it too easy for people to become Christians?
If these figures are any way close, are there millions of people who think they are Christians but are not?

MATTHEW 7:21
[FONT=&quot]"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!'[/FONT]

What changes would you expect to see in a new Christian’s lifestyle?
It has been said that the world looks at the church, and sees a mirror.[FONT=&quot] What do you think?[/FONT]

I think churches most certainly make people "think" it is too easy to become Christians.By stressing the saying of a formula prayer,like you find in a gospel tract,but not stressing that if you truly do not feel repentannce in your heart,do not bother,because #1 with God is the sincerity of our hearts. Without true repentannce,no one can be "born again". Listen to the church give the altar call,do you hear that stressed? I know I seldom did.

Most go up only for emotionalism(carried away by the service) or "fire insurance" because the altar call is all about warning how we are not promised tomorrow and we make not live out the day! Or they are told as long as you believe in Jesus you are saved. There also is no discipleship,afterwards. I once read that Billy Graham is reported to have stated that 75% of the people in church have never been born-again,and I believe this totally!

How many churches teach the saints about true communion with God,and experiencing His Presence,right now,today? The crucifixtion "rent the veil" so that we may each enter the Holy of Holies,so why are most still standing outside,and will never enter in?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.