Harvard Il.
✟445.00
Faith
Christian
tulc said:
the Crusades
(against them)
abortion clinic bombings
(against abortion, condem bombings no doubt)
the Spanish Inquisition (expected or otherwise)
(bad idea)
, David Koresh
(not sure who I should be condeming him or the government so I'm against both)
Northern Ireland
(again which side?)
the Salem Witch Trials
(Wrong all the way around, still going on today)
and the early practice of denying anesthesia to women in labor.
(also wrong)
tulc(there how was that?)
LOL:D

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neocon said:
The Crusades were completely justified Wars against islamic invaders of Christian lands.
And the slaughter of the Jews and Muslims (men women and children) after siege of Jerusalem was, what? an unfortunate by-product of religious fervor? The attacking and annexing of a Christian country by the crusaders? Also justified?
tulc(an interesting time to study, and provides a cautionary example to people who want the Church to take up the sword)

Upvote 0

neocon

Apr 6, 2004
✟1,624.00
Faith
Christian
tulc said:
And the slaughter of the Jews and Muslims (men women and children) after siege of Jerusalem was, what? an unfortunate by-product of religious fervor? The attacking and annexing of a Christian country by the crusaders? Also justified?
tulc(an interesting time to study, and provides a cautionary example to people who want the Church to take up the sword)

Islam pretty much got a taste of being on the receiving end of jihad. The modern liberal idea that the Crusades were aggression against pious peaceful moslems is simply PC BS.

Upvote 0

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Philosoft said:
Okay, that's tulc and Harry...
I, PatrickM, do solemnly swear, one nation under God (oops, wrong thread!), and agree with tulc(what does that mean, anway?), and Harry the Heretic. That's 3.
Only 200 million or so to go.
Wow, you think there's 200 +/- million "thinking Christians" around? I'm impressed.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Islam pretty much got a taste of being on the receiving end of jihad. The modern liberal idea that the Crusades were aggression against pious peaceful moslems is simply PC BS.
And the Muslim women and children? The Jews (men, women and children) and the Christian nations they annexed? They were on the recieving end of what? (besides the spears and arrows and swords)
tulc

Upvote 0

neocon

Apr 6, 2004
✟1,624.00
Faith
Christian
tulc said:
And the Muslim women and children? The Jews (men, women and children) and the Christian nations they annexed? They were on the recieving end of what? (besides the spears and arrows and swords)
tulc

.....................and your point would Be???????????? War is always hard on bystanders. Without the islamic jihad out of the arabian desert the Crusades would never have happened. The fault lies with the moslems. Their violence begat further violence.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neocon said:
and your point would Be???????????? War is always hard on bystanders. Without the islamic jihad out of the arabian desert the Crusades would never have happened. The fault lies with the moslems. Their violence begat further violence.
Well for one thing years later when the Muslims re-took Jerusalem there wasn't the wholesale slaughter that occured with the Christian takeover. Secondly they didn't take this with carpetbombing and machineguns, they had to kill them one at a time, then get rid of the bodies (they kept some of the Muslims alive to dipose of the bodies) And the Christian countries they over ran and annexed? Odd behavior for people who were suposed to be doing Gods work don't you think?
tulc(by the way I thought my point was obvious if you would like me to make it again I'll be happy to)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sooooooo you make endless excuses for the moslem jihad so that you can continue to bag on Christians for daring to defend themselves. In truth this would be a better world had the Crusaders of 1000 years ago pushed all the way to Mecca/Medina and utterly uprooted islam.
Well if you would address any one of the things I brought up:
1) why did they need to kill all those Muslim women and children?
2) why did they kill all the Jews? (again men, women and children)?
3) why did they over run and annex a Christian country?
or you could just say "they did what they did under the cover of Christianity and it had nothing to do with being Christian and was about looting and conquering."
tulc(questions I have faced myself over the years)

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
neocon said:
Sooooooo you make endless excuses for the moslem jihad so that you can continue to bag on Christians for daring to defend themselves. In truth this would be a better world had the Crusaders of 1000 years ago pushed all the way to Mecca/Medina and utterly uprooted islam.
What do you think the world would be like today if they had mutually annihilated each other?:scratch:

Upvote 0

PatrickM

Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lillithspeak said:
I'm an environmentalist who doesn't support ELF, as the vast majority of us probably don't. Your tone and contempt for those who care about the air, water and earth we all depend on is so obvious I'm suprised you didn't get a pm about baiting.
And your presumption that I don't care about these same things is erroneous.

I am asking if any of you will not only say you don't support the ELF, but actually denounce their violent acts of vandalism and destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PatrickM

Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
neocon said:
Definitely the Christian thing to do.

"My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here," Jesus Christ, John 18:36.

Upvote 0

PatrickM

Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
tulc said:
Hey :wave: Patrick! How is your Sunday going?
Hello, tulc! Fine, u? I've got my favorite chinese dinner coming in an hour or so, compliments of three great kids!

tulc(who could have done this via PM but is just being lazy!) :doh:
PatrickM(ditto :D plus my mailbox is full :doh: )

Upvote 0