Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If you're online and Christian you have probably run into the OrthoBros/Dyerites. Admittedly, the bravado of Dyer seems to gain them converts to internet Orthodoxy but not everything they say is true.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: Athanasius377

Jacque_Pierre22

Aug 13, 2014
nyc
✟47,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've studied him for over a decade. He is not interested in Lutheranism. I'm sure he understands it but it's not his thing. I used to read the blogs of some guys who debated him constantly about 12 years ago about EO, back when some other EO guys also did a lot of blogging, reams and reams of articles and debates, both of whom are no longer EO and are lost in the sands of time. I won't mention their names as they probably wouldn't want any mentions. Reading these blogs was what first got me into EO. There was a book called "Reconsidering Tulip" by Alexander Renault, that for a while convinced me EO had some truth but I could never follow it because it was too far from Lutheranism; I then encountered Jordan Cooper and basically continued from there. The big thing with EO is the transfiguration and essence-energies, for some like David Bradshaw, phD , it makes perfect sense but for me I just don't see it. However, I don't fit perfectly anywhere but if I had to choose it would be Lutheranism , the Presbyterian nightmare of federal vision, and Sunday worship as mandatory, the "progressive covenantalism" of Reformed baptists... .these are major quagmires compared to any issues I have with Lutheranism.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've studied him for over a decade. He is not interested in Lutheranism. I'm sure he understands it but it's not his thing. I used to read the blogs of some guys who debated him constantly about 12 years ago about EO, back when some other EO guys also did a lot of blogging, reams and reams of articles and debates, both of whom are no longer EO and are lost in the sands of time. I won't mention their names as they probably wouldn't want any mentions. Reading these blogs was what first got me into EO. There was a book called "Reconsidering Tulip" by Alexander Renault, that for a while convinced me EO had some truth but I could never follow it because it was too far from Lutheranism; I then encountered Jordan Cooper and basically continued from there. The big thing with EO is the transfiguration and essence-energies, for some like David Bradshaw, phD , it makes perfect sense but for me I just don't see it. However, I don't fit perfectly anywhere but if I had to choose it would be Lutheranism , the Presbyterian nightmare of federal vision, and Sunday worship as mandatory, the "progressive covenantalism" of Reformed baptists... .these are major quagmires compared to any issues I have with Lutheranism.
I don't think Dyer is a Christian but a Christian personality. He was Reformed, then Catholic, then fell away, then Trad Catholic, then Orthodox and fell away, then Orthodox again. He seems to be what he needs to be at the time.

1711562690977.png

Upvote 0