JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When I was about 12 years old I was out in the woods by myself and I almost slipped off a a very high cliff. The rocks were covered by moss and I did not know that it was slippery. Also there was a slow incline to the edge. I slipped on the moss and started to slide toward the clifff and was going faster and faster. There did not seem to be anything to keep me from going over the edge and I would have been killed because it was maybe a 300 foot drop.

Then about two or three feet from the edge I just stoped. I got up and walked away. I was not raised in a christian family and did not know anything about angels back then. But I had a feeling it was an angel that saved me. Although I did not know why God would have sent an angel to keep me alive. Actually there have been other situations like that in my life when I should have died. But it is as if God steped in to keep me alive.

I went back years later with my wife but it was all gone. Tons and tons of rock had fallen down. So it was not exactly like it had been before. I was a little surprised because I has always been told that the erosion was slow and gradual. But here there was 15 or 20 feet of erosion, which was quite a bit. Of course people that build their house to close to the edge have to worry about errosion and their house sliding down the edge to the bottom.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
well there are people that seem like angels and angels that are angels; I just bought that up, cuz I have a small difficulty believing in angels manifesting themselves into fleshly bodies, right now. O_O :angel: Their opacity may make them seem fleshly (does that make sense? :scratch:)

I personally believe angels take human form. Not only from personal experience but because the Word tells us:

Hebrews 13:1-2 Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (NKJV)

To me, angel visitation is another example of how much God loves us. I don't believe angels have any authority other than that which God gives them. All praise and honor and glory be to God.

In the same respect, I consider that not all angels submit to God. 1/3 of the angels fell with Lucifer.

Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (NKJV)

God bless

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not my first experience, but one that really shook me and started major changes in my life.

I was driving home from my mothers house after picking up my infant son after work. It was dark already and raining really hard which isn't unusual for the Seattle area - LOL

I had made this trip hundreds of times, in the same type of weather, you get used to it. I had no concerns about it, it was just routine.

I got on the highway and by that time it was raining so hard there was standing water on the road, the traffic was heavy and still moving at a pretty good pace.

I'd been on the highway for maybe 300 yards and I heard a voice that said "a car could cross the center line" when it first started to speak I took my foot off the gas momentarily because it startled me. I didn't know what to think, I just sort of paused for a few seconds and looked around.

I hard to pay attention to the road and just sort of got goose bumps and shook it off, then just as I put my foot back on the gas a car broke out of the line of on-coming traffic, crossing the center line and at the same time sliding in a 360 degree circle as it crossed in front of my car and slid off onto the side of the road next to my lane of traffic.

It missed the front of my car by inches!

If I had not taken my foot off the gas for those few seconds we would have been in bad bad way!

I had to pull over and just sit there and think... What just happened? I shook all the way home not because of the incident but because of the voice.

I was saved as a young person and wasn't walking like a Christian at the time and I felt like God was sending me the message... I felt like He was saying "I know right where you are all the time, I'm watching out for you and your baby, I love you and I want you and your baby to be close to me."

I had made him a promise earlier, I think He was also reminding me of that promise.

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not my first experience, but one that really shook me and started major changes in my life.

I was driving home from my mothers house after picking up my infant son after work. It was dark already and raining really hard which isn't unusual for the Seattle area - LOL

I had made this trip hundreds of times, in the same type of weather, you get used to it. I had no concerns about it, it was just routine.

I got on the highway and by that time it was raining so hard there was standing water on the road, the traffic was heavy and still moving at a pretty good pace.

I'd been on the highway for maybe 300 yards and I heard a voice that said "a car could cross the center line" when it first started to speak I took my foot off the gas momentarily because it startled me. I didn't know what to think, I just sort of paused for a few seconds and looked around.

I hard to pay attention to the road and just sort of got goose bumps and shook it off, then just as I put my foot back on the gas a car broke out of the line of on-coming traffic, crossing the center line and at the same time sliding in a 360 degree circle as it crossed in front of my car and slid off onto the side of the road next to my lane of traffic.

It missed the front of my car by inches!

If I had not taken my foot off the gas for those few seconds we would have been in bad bad way!

I had to pull over and just sit there and think... What just happened? I shook all the way home not because of the incident but because of the voice.

I was saved as a young person and wasn't walking like a Christian at the time and I felt like God was sending me the message... I felt like He was saying "I know right where you are all the time, I'm watching out for you and your baby, I love you and I want you and your baby to be close to me."

I had made him a promise earlier, I think He was also reminding me of that promise.

I just wanted to say, I don't know that it was an angel, the Holy Spirit - God causing me to hear the words or ...? I felt a presence, I felt like it was an angel. Either way I know it was from God :prayer: and will always be thankful.

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I personally believe angels take human form. Not only from personal experience but because the Word tells us:

And I think that them manifesting into human form is freaky beyond reason, because they are spirits.
Sooooo right now I am not gonna jump on that bandwagon. :p
Hebrews 13:1-2 Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (NKJV)

Hmm thought that was Hebrew 13:4 :scratch: anyway I also it'd be cooler if they introduced themselves as angels so then it'd make things more easier (like on TV) :p But, alas, life ain't always like TV.

To me, angel visitation is another example of how much God loves us. I don't believe angels have any authority other than that which God gives them. All praise and honor and glory be to God.

I don't think so either. But they do have free will, right?
In the same respect, I consider that not all angels submit to God. 1/3 of the angels fell with Lucifer.

And Lucifer is Satan, right? Or is he just Satan's helper?
Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (NKJV)

God bless

Thank u for ur opinion

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hmm thought that was Hebrew 13:4 :scratch: anyway I also it'd be cooler if they introduced themselves as angels so then it'd make things more easier (like on TV) :p But, alas, life ain't always like TV.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. (NKJV)

I was thinking the same thing as to why they don't just walk up and say "Hi, I'm an angel sent by God to minister to you because in the next few days you will experience a great spiritual attack and God wants to strengthen you."

Had the man I consider might have been a angel sent by God said that to me...instead of simply ministering to me.....At that time I probably would have called the police instead of listening to him. (LOL)
I don't think so either. But they do have free will, right?
I would consider so, as 1/3 of them chose to follow Lucifer.
And Lucifer is Satan, right? Or is he just Satan's helper?
God changed Lucifers name to Satan. Lucifer, Satan, Beezebub, The accuser, The enemy, the Devil, Father of all lies...just a few among many names.

and thank you for putting so much time and thought into my tiny post.

God bless

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I think that them manifesting into human form is freaky beyond reason, because they are spirits.
Sooooo right now I am not gonna jump on that bandwagon. :p

The Bible mentions several times where angels take on human form, as well as Christ before His birth (called a Christophany) For example: When He and 2 angels met with Abraham on when on their way to destroy Sodom and Gomora. They even had dinner together. Very cool!

Genesis 18 - Study This Chapter
1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. 16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. 17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; 18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. 20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. 22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. 23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. 27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: 28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it. 29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake. 30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there. 31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake. 32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. 33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.​

More about Christophanies in the OT
OLD TESTAMENT VIEW OF CHRIST
http://www.open.org/mrdsnts/theo/d02400.htm

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I had several experiences in my life involving angels and I know for a fact if they had not been there I wouldn't be here. Have any you had similar experiences they have also beena great source of comfort in times of trail and I thank the Lord they are here. :) :thumbsup:
Due I believe in them?

I've seen them! :D So YEAH!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CooL_Genesis

May 2, 2006
TN
✟8,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another place in Scripture where angels take on human form. The men from Sodom were so convinced that they tried to have relations with them...

Genesis 19:1-7
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

So yup, I absolutely believe in angels. Have any of you ever read the Book of Enoch? It's not scripture or anything, but the book gives a lot of credibility to the Bible in that in speaks in great depth about angels and the end times. I dunno why it wasn't included in the Bible when it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible that I've seen. It even prophecies about Jesus and calls him the "Son of Man", as Jesus so called himself. Which, if I'm not mistaken, was the only time Jesus was called that in the OT. The book of Jude (NT) mentions the prophecies of Enoch as well. Anyways, it's a very interesting read on the angels that fell with Lucifer.

In peace and grace,

-Genesis

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I absolutely believe angels exist. The Bible has many, many references to angels and their work not only in heaven but here on earth.

I believe I came to Christ by the witness of visiting angels. (feel free to look at my testimony).

I also believe God sent an angel to minister to me a time when I didn't even realize how much I needed it.

Who knows how many times we've been touched by angels unaware.

I think it may be more common that we even consider.

God bless,

Cris

I think your right Cris, I think it is more common than we might think. I believe angels are doing God's work around us and behind the scenes all the time. It only makes sense that we'd have encounters.

I just never realized just how common this might be until this thread and some stories that coincidentally ran on WND this week end.

All the Glory goes to God for sure. It never ceases to amaze me just how much he loves us.

Praise God!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!! :clap:

Here's the articles and reader comments on angels from WND th is weekend. I thought some of you might be interested.

'Angels singing on tape' sparks heavenly debate
Some readers claim similar experiences,
while others cast doubt on phenomenon

Angels singing caught on tape?
'It happened supernaturally. There's no other explanation'
--WND

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]E-MAIL TO THE EDITOR[/FONT]
'Touched' by an angel
Exclusive: Readers voice opinions about heavenly voices
--WND

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Another place in Scripture where angels take on human form. The men from Sodom were so convinced that they tried to have relations with them...

Genesis 19:1-7
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

So yup, I absolutely believe in angels. Have any of you ever read the Book of Enoch? It's not scripture or anything, but the book gives a lot of credibility to the Bible in that in speaks in great depth about angels and the end times. I dunno why it wasn't included in the Bible when it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible that I've seen. It even prophecies about Jesus and calls him the "Son of Man", as Jesus so called himself. Which, if I'm not mistaken, was the only time Jesus was called that in the OT. The book of Jude (NT) mentions the prophecies of Enoch as well. Anyways, it's a very interesting read on the angels that fell with Lucifer.

In peace and grace,

-Genesis
Wow, so you can read the book of Enoch? I've heard about this book and various reasons on why it was left out of the Bible on a radio show called Coast to Coast. One of the reasons in regards to manipulation O_O
It sounds like an interesting read indeed! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thenewageriseth

Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Bible mentions several times where angels take on human form, as well as Christ before His birth (called a Christophany) For example: When He and 2 angels met with Abraham on when on their way to destroy Sodom and Gomora. They even had dinner together. Very cool!

Genesis 18 - Study This Chapter
1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. 16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. 17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; 18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. 20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. 22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. 23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. 27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: 28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it. 29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake. 30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there. 31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake. 32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. 33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.​

More about Christophanies in the OT
OLD TESTAMENT VIEW OF CHRIST
http://www.open.org/mrdsnts/theo/d02400.htm
Ah thank you for that-I should look it up again in my Bible. :)

But sometimes I go by logic. that is why I said that about angels only appearing opaque.

Upvote 0

newleaf

Nov 25, 2006
✟7,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once I was carefully going down the top of a cliff on a mountain bike, when it started to slide downward. Ahhh! I realized I had to just had to gun-it, as fast as I could, which is something I would normally never do. I thought I was going to die. I was praying the whole time. I jumped from one face of the cliff, to another, and flew down to the bottom at great speed. I then hit two bushes, which slowed the bike down considerably, to about three miles an hour. The frame was now bent, and I had a flat. I believe that angels, sent by God, helped to save my life. That's just one the many accounts, in my life.

Reactions: MaidforHim
Upvote 0

CooL_Genesis

May 2, 2006
TN
✟8,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.