Duck Dynasty Controversy: Bible to be Banned as “Hate Speech”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You freely choose to join a Christian forum and then presume to complain in a manner that charges the religion is being shoved down your throat?
If you weren't wide open to the idea of having Christianity 'shoved down your throat' , you wouldn't have shoved your registration into our community. Self inflicted!

100 percent correct ! Did this other Guy think by coming to a distinctive Christian Forum was going to coincide with his humanist ideologies ?! Further, what about Christians who have to put up with Non Christians pushing their religious ideologies and constructs down our throats as occurs daily around our Nation ?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The thing that gets me is this: Why is it that so many Christians feel the need to make sure that gays know that their behavior is morally wrong?
Because they're ignorant and it's their scapegoat sin. It affects a minority and most humans don't have to deal with that "sin" on a daily basis. It makes the religious extremists be able to justify their self-righteousness by condemning sin, and allows them to ignore their own multitude of sins. They all completely ignore Matthew 7, and frankly are in for a rude awakening.

I also have a feeling many of these rabidly anti-gays who constantly have to talk about it destroying society are dealing with their own issues of same-sex attraction and are trying to suppress it.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

A Christian laying around getting lazy and fat, wont prevent him from getting to heaven. A professed Christian who practices homosexuality or a non Christian who does, is exempt from getting to heaven. , flat out.

I disagree. I think a Christian who lays around getting lazy and fat is no less guilty than a sexual sinner of any kind. You'd have to cherry pick scripture to make the argument that laziness, gluttony, greed, and ambivalence are somehow less severe than sexual immorality.

ALL people should take a stand against societal immorality and corruption because it affects us all and subsequent generations. Its not very loving at all to be apathetically tolerant toward lifestyle sins that hurt the individual and a Nation at large. Bringing up other sins doesn't disqualify Homosexuality from being a sexual perversion never intended by the Creator.

So, yeah, when a homosexual comes up to you and says, "hey, I'm gay; God made me this way!" you have a point. By all means, set him straight if you can. The problem is that most Christians in this situation would say nothing. But, that's not anything like what Phil did. He made a series of crass statements about anuses and vaginas and threw in a prooftext for good measure. So, once again, why choose the sin that he himself is probably not guilty of; why not greed, ambivalence, etc.? I suspect that it's because it's easier to talk about sin in the context of someone else's sin.

We should encourage the practicing Homosexual to get professional help so they can escape a pitfall of problems associated with the degrading lifestyle instead of not caring .

We should encourage the practicing glutton to get professional help too. So, why focus on homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
100 percent correct ! Did this other Guy think by coming to a distinctive Christian Forum was going to coincide with his humanist ideologies ?! Further, what about Christians who have to put up with Non Christians pushing their religious ideologies and constructs down our throats as occurs daily around our Nation ?
80% of Americans identify as Christian. Clearly you're just offended that beliefs other than Christianity actually exist. I'm frankly not even sure I've met an open atheist in my personal life, and I'm not in a Conservative area. You're clearly over exaggerating.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Once again, to make myself clear, I wasn't talking about this forum! I mean, in general.

Now, since you didn't answer, is it ok for you to toss your religion around while we have to keep silent about our lives? Or shouldn't we all just live and let live?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because they're ignorant and it's their scapegoat sin. .............

I also have a feeling many of these rabidly anti-gays who constantly have to talk about it destroying society are dealing with their own issues of same-sex attraction and are trying to suppress it.

Christians are willing to come to terms with their own sin...and in fact, they have confessed their sin to The Creator himself to receive forgiveness instead of continually suppressing their moral conscience so they can enjoy living in it. Its available to all non Christians too. How come a Non Christian shuns their only way of getting forgiven for their blatant lifestyle sins then turning from them ? How come is easier to round up a support group in order to continue in a lifestyle of sexual perversion that will bring harm to themselves and ultimately a regretful eternal residence ?

I certainly don't have any 'same sex attraction' that leads me to making love with another mans feces and procuring parasitical diseases ; I may admire and respect the hard work a Guy goes thru to get 18" biceps by lifting weights ..but that doesn't cross any perversion boundaries.

Have you any other excuses to justify sexual perversion which you know deep down inside, is wrong ? Thanks.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

Christians are willing to come to terms with their own sin...and in fact, they have confessed their sin to The Creator himself to receive forgiveness instead of continually suppressing their moral conscience so they can enjoy living in it. Its available to all non Christians too. How come a Non Christian shuns their only way of getting forgiven for their blatant lifestyle sins then turning from them ? How come is easier to round up a support group in order to continue in a lifestyle of sexual perversion that will bring harm to themselves and ultimately a regretful eternal residence ?

I certainly don't have any 'same sex attraction' that leads me to making love with another mans feces and procuring parasitical diseases ; I may admire and respect the hard work a Guy goes thru to get 18" biceps by lifting weights ..but that doesn't cross any perversion boundaries.

Have you any other excuses to justify sexual perversion which you know deep down inside, is wrong ? Thanks.

If a person is having sex with feces, then homosexuality is the least of his problems

Upvote 0

BlunderAngel

Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If a person is having sex with feces, then homosexuality is the least of his problems
Anal penetration by homosexual men is that of having sex with feces. It's an exit! Not an entrance. (And it's just as perverse when straights have sex in that manner as well)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once again, to make myself clear, I wasn't talking about this forum! I mean, in general.

Now, since you didn't answer, is it ok for you to toss your religion around while we have to keep silent about our lives? Or shouldn't we all just live and let live?

I didn't answer what ?

Again, I don't have 'a religion' per se ; I don't jump thru hoops and legalistic religion ------- instead I have a personal relationship with God who reached down to me to save my Soul. Christ never came to 'start a religion' -- that's perhaps the biggest misconception the Cynics enjoy raising.

Do you feel you toss your secular religion around at all in here ? Isnt taking a vocal stand for the sexual perversion of Homosexuality tossing your religion around to those of Us who aren't duped by the agenda ?

We should all live in each others midst...but we shouldn't be complacent and apathetic toward destructive societal lifestyles that affects us all as a Nation, and is an affront to our common Creator.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

No kidding. He's just trying to be crass, gross, and make gays look disgusting. He's only doing that to himself, imo.

Further, why does everyone always jump straight to icky gay sex when talking about homosexuals? No one ever mentions the love, companionship, support, etc etc that partners provide for each other. I certainly don't go around thinking about heterosexuals having sex (ick! perversion! ;) ) when I talk about heterosexuality. We spend the VAST majority of our time doing other things, important things, than having sex.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
1. I dont talk about homosexuality unless the issue is forced
2. I dont consider it a worse sin or a less sin, sin is sin
3. I have talked to homosexuals and they knew my view and we got along just fine other than they were uncomfortable knowing it is sin
4. I will not go looking for issues but when it is shoved down my throat or flaunted in front of me then I will speak up
5. I am glad that Christans are finally waking up and speaking out instead of hiding, to bad they didnt do more of it when prayer was traken out of schools. I am hopeful that more speaking out will take place and perhaps some things will change

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't answer what ?

Again, I don't have 'a religion' per se ; I don't jump thru hoops and legalistic religion ------- instead I have a personal relationship with God who reached down to me to save my Soul. Christ never came to 'start a religion' -- that's perhaps the biggest misconception the Cynics enjoy raising.

Do you feel you toss your secular religion around at all in here ? Isnt taking a vocal stand for the sexual perversion of Homosexuality tossing your religion around to those of Us who aren't duped by the agenda ?

We should all live in each others midst...but we shouldn't be complacent and apathetic toward destructive societal lifestyles that affects us all as a Nation, and is an affront to our common Creator.

You didn't answer this: Is it ok for you to shove your religion down peoples' throats (no, not HERE. In life, in general) while the rest of us have to keep silent about our own lives, whether it be about sexuality, differening religions, or no religions? Isn't that a bit one-sided?

And I don't particularly feel I shove my homosexuality down anyone's throat. But, when I see people making absurd remarks like "making love to feces" I feel that I must come to the defense of "my people." Otherwise, you might never even know I am gay, because it's not like I go around going, "Hi. My name is Mike, and I'm GAY." :doh:

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
4. I will not go looking for issues but when it is shoved down my throat or flaunted in front of me then I will speak up
This one is something I just don't understand. What counts as "being shoved down my throat" or "being flaunted"?

No one will ever force you to participate in a same-sex-orgy with them... but when two men or two women wearing marriage rings take a seat at a table next to you: will you "speak up"?

On the other hand... if I would follow your rules: why should I stay silent when this pesky person at the store with the crucifix necklace wishes me "Merry Christmas!"... thus flaunting and shoving his Christianity down my throat?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
1. I dont talk about homosexuality unless the issue is forced
2. I dont consider it a worse sin or a less sin, sin is sin
3. I have talked to homosexuals and they knew my view and we got along just fine other than they were uncomfortable knowing it is sin
5. I am glad that Christans are finally waking up and speaking out instead of hiding, to bad they didnt do more of it when prayer was traken out of schools. I am hopeful that more speaking out will take place and perhaps some things will change

Prayer wasn't taken out of schools and yes things are changing. Civilized humanity is rejecting the archaic notion that being attracted to the same-sex is something wrong and horrible. Your side is losing, because your side is ill informed.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
< Staff Edit- Removed quoted post only >

The Duck Dynasty issue is on Homosexuality. I speak plenty on Heterosexual hedonism and the perversion that it is in Gods eyes, too.

Im not hung up on Homosexuals ; I warn them the same way I do all Sexual Hedonists and give they the opportunity to receive Christ so they wont be regretful later on when they meet Gods judgement.

Sure I have a source for the percentages of homosexual acts. In fact it includes a few different Countries. How might the factual study impact you if it shows very degrading things done between two men ? Would it matter at all ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure I have a source for the percentages of homosexual acts. In fact it includes a few different Countries. How might the factual study impact you if it shows very degrading things done between two men ? Would it matter at all ?

If you have a source, you should show it. Otherwise it might appear as though you're making up numbers.

That's why I'd like to see the source. Why not link/post it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.