Duck Dynasty Controversy: Bible to be Banned as “Hate Speech”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlunderAngel

Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Daily Sheeple

Duck Dynasty Controversy: Bible to be Banned as “Hate Speech”?

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars
December 21st, 2013

Image: Phil Robertson (YouTube/CNN).
Old Testament incites violence against gays
Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson’s views on homosexuality have been condemned by many as “hate speech,” yet his words were infinitely less savage than those contained in the Old Testament.​
If we are to accept that Robertson’s rhetoric represents hate speech, then the Bible should immediately be banned because it openly incites violence against gays.
Compare what Robertson told GQ Magazine to what appears in Leviticus 20:13.​
Robertson: “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical…Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. inappropriate behavior with animals, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”​
Leviticus 20:13: “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.” (NASB)​
“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.” (ESV)​
Robertson also paraphrased another part of the Bible – Corinthians – when he stated, “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Complete Article

Thoughts? Is it likely gay hate groups will pursue that end? Banning the Bible as hate speech? Isn't it already being implied as much now with acts like this against Robertson?

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Considering the source of that article, such concern
doesn't surprise me. I mean, look at all the survivalist
ads to the right of the article. I'm sure a lot of money
is to be made by getting people all paranoid about
some looming doom-and-gloom scenario.
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif] As for Duck Dynasty, I've never watched it, and I don't
plan to, but if my understanding of “reality” shows is
correct – that they're anything but reality and are
merely passed off as such – then I think it's rather
hypocritical for him to present himself as morally
superior while simultaneously being involved in a show
that engages in the dishonest practice of passing itself
off as “reality”.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]-[/FONT][/FONT]

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Thoughts? Is it likely gay hate groups will pursue that end?

No.

Banning the Bible as hate speech?

No.

Isn't it already being implied as much now with acts like this against Robertson?

No. Banning is something that governments do. The government has not acted in any way to curtail Robertson's freedom of speech. Nor will the government attempt to ban the Bible. Both speech and press are protected rights in the US, and nothing about the current controversy has affected either right.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is already viewed as hate speech, get ready for what will come with this

I applaud this Actors stand on the Bible ; everyone including the Homosexuals, knows that it is wrong . But they are willing to suppress that moral fact so they can do as they like. There was a time in America when the Homosexuals and their militant agenda would be run out of town in the name of decency and morality, but, now the pendulum has swung the other way so much so that its about to break off .

With the enormous pressure from the Homosexual Community Liberal legal Organizations, the Network and the Shows stars are going to face huge opposition to the point that they will drown in it. A & E will be literally forced to abandon the Show , is my guess.

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.

No.

No. Banning is something that governments do. The government has not acted in any way to curtail Robertson's freedom of speech. Nor will the government attempt to ban the Bible. Both speech and press are protected rights in the US, and nothing about the current controversy has affected either right.

This.

The only thing that happened was an employer decided to suspend an employee because of something said publicly that they thought could negatively impact their business.

If this bothers you so much, you might want to come to Justine Sacco's defense. She was fired from a company for an offensive Tweet.

How is this similar? Both Robertson and Sacco said something on a public forum that their employer found offensive and/or possibly damaging to the company. So if you're so gungho about Robertson being unjustly suspended, you should feel the same about Sacco.

I'm guessing you won't.

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
If I, on this board, were to defend or "promote" homosexuality, I could be censored or even banned. Silenced and kept from exercising my right to free speech, because the owners of this board do not like what I say.

That is their right. I might not like it, but it is their right.

And in just the same way, the owners of the platform where this Mr. Robinson made his little speech have every right to keep him from doing so again.

You may not like it... but it works both ways.

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

If I, on this board, were to defend or "promote" homosexuality, I could be censored or even banned. Silenced and kept from exercising my right to free speech, because the owners of this board do not like what I say. That is their right. I might not like it, but it is their right. And in just the same way, the owners of the platform where this Mr. Robinson made his little speech have every right to keep him from doing so again. You may not like it... but it works both ways.

An excellent comparison.

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I, on this board, were to defend or "promote" homosexuality, I could be censored or even banned. Silenced and kept from exercising my right to free speech, because the owners of this board do not like what I say.

That is their right. I might not like it, but it is their right.

And in just the same way, the owners of the platform where this Mr. Robinson made his little speech have every right to keep him from doing so again.

You may not like it... but it works both ways.

The difference being GQ magazine is not A&E network. A&E network punishing a man for what he said in an article, and not due to A&E's stance but due to pressure brought by radical groups demanding censor and discrimination be levied as penalty for Mr.Robertson speaking freely about his faith when asked, is evidence of intolerance.

First by GLAAD, who fail to realize his opinion is gleaned from scripture. And secondly by A&E network that bowed to the pressure radicals threatened against them if they did not act.

Why is it that no one brings heat on GLAAD?
For daring to threaten a network because someone in its employ has a religious opinion about gays!

Notice GLAAD didn't threaten GQ magazine! Demand they publish an apology for permitting Mr.Robertsons remarks to print.

They threatened a network that they hope to make believe will suffer if the gays remain ticked off!

What would happen if a network refused to be threatened by a minor population of angry intolerant deviants that resort to bully tactics in order to censor religious opinion about their deviance!

Sadly, we don't yet know.
As for the Bible possibly being outlawed as hate speech, GLAAD implies it is so already. And a southern activists law group has stated outright that it is.
And when did this air? When that law group claimed a chicken restaurant owner and his family, who were Christian, sponsored hate groups committed to hate speech!
And these groups? Are all family values, Bible oriented, Christian organizations.

Christian moral values are being marginalized in America. While immoral behaviors are being trumpeted as having right to overcome them.

Proof of this occurs when people who support homosexuality will argue that the gays who condemn Christians are entitled to speak freely. While those who speak against homosexuals speaking against Christians are told they don't have a right to speak without suffering for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

dies-l

Situation A: A well known TV personality expresses various opinions in a magazine article, including his preference for vaginas over anuses, his belief that homosexuality inevitably leads to inappropriate behavior with animals, a paraphrase of a passage of Scripture that lists people who will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, and a brazen denial of the horrors of the Jim Crow era along with a veiled complaint about uppity "self-entitled" blacks. In turn, the liberal leaning TV network that he represents suspends him from continuing to represent said TV network.

Situation B: The Bible is banned by the government as "hate speech", despite clear First Amendment guarantees to the contrary and repeated decisions by the Federal Courts upholding the First Amendment.

What about Situation A even remotely suggests that Situation B is on the horizon?

Situation A proves that free speech is alive and well. Situation B would be a clear violation of free speech.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I can tell you with certainty , that, you CAN give your view because ive read many other Posters who have done so and the thread didn't even get closed. So long as you keep it civil and without defaming someone specific, then you can defend Homosexuality.

In fact, I would enjoy doing a Formal Debate with you on the topic in C.F.'s Formal Debate Forum where its just you and I supervised ; I will take the position of Homosexuality being wrong Biblically, Morally, Biologically, and devastating for any Society who enables it . Are you up for that Sir ? If so, please PM me so we can establish some mutual protocol for the Debate, then, we can get the CF Moderator to set up the Formal Debate Room for us. I await your reply.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I can tell you with certainty , that, you CAN give your view because ive read many other Posters who have done so and the thread didn't even get closed. So long as you keep it civil and without defaming someone specific, then you can defend Homosexuality.

In fact, I would enjoy doing a Formal Debate with you on the topic in C.F.'s Formal Debate Forum where its just you and I supervised ; I will take the position of Homosexuality being wrong Biblically, Morally, Biologically, and devastating for any Society who enables it . Are you up for that Sir ? If so, please PM me so we can establish some mutual protocol for the Debate, then, we can get the CF Moderator to set up the Formal Debate Room for us. I await your reply.
It would be my pleasure to debate you. I send you a PM as well. This post just serves as a public reminder.

...edited to add...

But, btw, that doesn't change anything about the point I have made in my post. If you really think that one can - against the clearly stated rules - promote homosexuality here on this forum without consequences... just exchange that with "promote Satanism".
The fact remains: the owners have the complete rights what to permit and what to forbid on their media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
aNeDX8r_460s.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

Actually the rule of this Christian site concerning the issue of homosexuality is this:

● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

There have been several threads on this issue that have been closed, because the subject content violated the above rule.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I applaud this Actors stand on the Bible ; everyone including the Homosexuals, knows that it is wrong . But they are willing to suppress that moral fact so they can do as they like. There was a time in America when the Homosexuals and their militant agenda would be run out of town in the name of decency and morality, but, now the pendulum has swung the other way so much so that its about to break off .
There is not a single shred of truth of validity to your post. It's so sad to see such venom spewed at gay people by those claiming to follow Christ. :doh:

You're not going to win anyone to your side with your tactic.

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

Remember Romans 1:18-36, particularly verses 24-27.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Remember Romans 1:18-36, particularly verses 24-27.

It was referring to heterosexuals, not gays.

Saint Augustine:

"But if one has relations even with one's wife in a part of the body which was not made for begetting children, such relations are against nature and indecent. In fact, the same apostle earlier said the same thing about women, "For their women exchanged natural relations for those which are against nature." quoting Romans 1:26 (Marriage and Desire, 20.35)"

Oh, and by your logic, according to Romans 2, you must be gay.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I do wish the article would say what it means by "banning."
There was a time in America when the Homosexuals and their militant agenda would be run out of town in the name of decency and morality, but, now the pendulum has swung the other way so much so that its about to break off .
Ah, so you're more afraid of two women going at it in their bedroom than you are of a crazed mob chasing harmless people out of town?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.