Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I realize that only thinking drugs where puts me into deeper and deeper depression.....Please Show me O Lord what you want to show me.....Help me forget all the destructive ways of the world and to do things that honor You.

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I realize that only thinking drugs where puts me into deeper and deeper depression.....Please Show me O Lord what you want to show me.....Help me forget all the destructive ways of the world and to do things that honor You.

Hi Dabro,

I'm glad you've realized that drugs are not the answer to our problems. Jesus and His teachings are.

From a health perspective alone, there are a number of good reasons for us to avoid drug use. That said, we also know from the Bible that it's not so much what goes into our bodies which makes us unclean, as it is what comes out. (Mark 7:18-23)

More than focusing on the drugs themselves, I think it's important to question why we do drugs in the first place. Usually it's to fill a hole in our lives which can only truly be filled by God and His Spirit. We all want more peace, love, and joy in our lives... drugs seem to offer us these things, when in reality all they provide is a cheap imitation.

Anyway, I want to encourage you to continue seeking God with your whole heart, as He can give us the kind of peace and joy drugs can never provide. Whenever temptations arise, turning to God and His Word is a good idea... we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi dabro;

I don't know your situation, but I felt moved to say that although drugs are not the answer (Jesus is!), there are times when we are prescribed medications that we would rather not take, but they are necessary to curb the symptoms while we seek out Jesus to fix the root problems.

If you were referring to recreational use of drugs, then most definitely drop them! But if your are struggling with the side effects of a prescription medicine, I urge you not to go off them without consulting your doctor.

Praying for you right now, dabro!

Upvote 0