Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a dream. I won't tell the whole thing, unless you request that I do so. But one thing that stands out to me about the dream is that I was standing on the beach, it was sunny, the ocean was calm. Suddenly I had this realization that I was out there for hours, but I couldn't recall what I was doing. My dad called me and told me not to come home. He wouldn't tell me what was going on, but I got the impression it was something bad. I felt upset and hurt that I was told to stay away, and decided to go home anyway. I looked at my watch and noticed that it had stopped. The battery was dead. I can't remember what the time was, but I do remember the second hand being frozen just before the 12. Like 3 seconds away. I went into a watch store to get a new battery and the girl told me that it was too late and that the watch fixers had already gone home for the night. I was annoyed. I thought, well, now I have to go to another store. I ended in this big dorm room that was all white with thin green trim. It was empty except for a bunk bed. A big window was open. I looked out and saw white clouds in the sky, but a fierce thunderstorm in the distance. The clouds were dark and there was lightning. I knew I couldn't continue my trip home until it passed. I sat in the room (now there was a table and chair), and listened to the thunder, which was intense. I knew it was going to be a rough thunderstorm, but a good one. I like thunderstorms, so I was okay with it. Then this guy came and said that my parents were there to pick me up. I was happy they came. Then I woke up.

Just so you know, I bought some Christian dream interpretation books, like The Divinity Code, but I feel I am really bad at this.

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure... some aids, though, if this dream is even from God. It may not be from God.

- Beach ... the sand, Jacob's descendants, Israel, the law, Biblical religion (not faith)
- The Oceans ... waves, Gentiles, the nations, wordily living and life... two and fro... bad stuff

But, is that the application? Not sure.

I think it's strange that you were on the land. Usually, if you have an ocean dream about how you're living like the world, God will have you on the ocean.

That you were on sand, is actually closer to being religious rather than living like the world.

So... you might be religious, but staring out at the world's way of doing things, but not participating in those things. Staring at it, but losing track of time and what you should be doing... wasting time even, unknowingly.

But this may not be it, because I'm not sure it's a God dream.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The dream seems to be about delayed but sure resolution. You situation at the beach is pleasant, but the foundation is sand and you are wasting time. You want to go home to something better, but are not able at this time. You are close - the watch is stopped close to 12:00, but not there, and no human agency can alter that. You are held in a room that is sanctified and holds the promise of healing. The bed is for rest and the open window signifies communion with heaven. The storm comes, and you are protected, and sustained by faith in its outcome, as it disrupts and cleanses. Finally, the time is right and you are brought home. Whatever the issue was has been resolved.

Upvote 0

cannot be known

Aug 25, 2016
westernwashington
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
the first step when attempting to discern the meaning of a dream is to be sure that it isn't from the devil, i could write a book on that topic. and btw, when i do have a dream that is not from God, usually it is sin for me to even talk about it. the last time i made this mistake, someone insisted on interpreting truth from it anyways!

for example, did you see any objects that you are commonly familiar with in real life, that were missbehaving, or existing in a manner that was not like real life. for example, cars with square wheels, water that flowed uphill, cars with doors that open backwards, etc, etc...

this detail you mention: "I sat in the room (now there was a table and chair)" would be enough for me to say the dream was not from God. but if someone had entered the room and provided a table and chair, then that would be different.

for instance, my brother had a dream warning him about some leaking pipes. he also told me that the dream wasn't from God because air was getting in through the water leak, and contaminating a separate, totally isolated water system with air. --I still checked under the house anyway for leaking pipes, and did not find any.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The ocean is for a long time a symbol of chaos, emotions, appetites, and the masses. Think of a teeming mob. At the moment, in your dream, it is calm - but there is a storm coming on the horizon.

The watch is a symbol of time, and time had stopped (hence the watch had stopped and you had been somewhere for hours without noticing time passing). This had stopped you from getting home during the calm period and so you needed to take shelter where you were (parents saying don't try to get home) leading to you finding a place that was secure to ride out the storm.

After waiting out the storm in shelter you get to go home again at the end.

Do you think this is personal, social, or spiritual (I cannot say for certain which, if any, it is).

Upvote 0

D2wing

Feb 12, 2013
✟15,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My opinion is that the dream is about that you must weather your storms yourself. You must depend on God's provision for you rather than your parents, when it comes to spiritual battles. And that God has provided for you what you need, when you need it.
This dream is to build you up in faith. There is something in it that applies to you specifically but I thinks it refers to a person that is trying to be an influence on you but you are perhaps rightfully wary.
Pray o see what your spirit agrees with and seek the word, meaning read the Bible for help and confirmation.

Upvote 0

cannot be known

Aug 25, 2016
westernwashington
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This dream was actually from God. Your interpretation is foolish.
I did not provide an interpretation.

Instead i asked a dozen questions to help gauge the validity of the dream, none of which have been answered.

Here's an example from my brother just this week. we recently spoke to a woman who is called and anointed for a specific ministry, and she shared some details about her son, who at a very young age is not oblivious to the spiritual things.

Anyhow, so my brother had a dream, it was functionally identical to the room we were in, the people there were accurate, and her son accused my brother and says "you are the darkness" referring to my brothers lack of action in the same ministry. so my bro calls me up and says all these things and says "thing is i can't find anything wrong with the dream" (i'm like...."there has to be something")

So then he says, well there was an elevator with an extra door [where it should not be] covering a hidden control panel. i'm like..yep, there you go. Not from God. (not to mention there is no elevator in that room in real life.

Concerning the same kind of thing. i had a dream showing me a specific woman that i know, there was a pile of prescription pills on the table in front of her. in the dream i knew i was looking into her mind. well, in that room, there was a light switch next to her and the table. the next week i arrive at that meeting place.. and sure as heck the light switch had been removed and table was moved to the other side of the room. I was relieved of course, that the dream was false.

yet some people overlook such "trivial" details?

Upvote 0

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I did not provide an interpretation.

Instead i asked a dozen questions to help gauge the validity of the dream, none of which have been answered.

Here's an example from my brother just this week. we recently spoke to a woman who is called and anointed for a specific ministry, and she shared some details about her son, who at a very young age is not oblivious to the spiritual things.

Anyhow, so my brother had a dream, it was functionally identical to the room we were in, the people there were accurate, and her son accused my brother and says "you are the darkness" referring to my brothers lack of action in the same ministry. so my bro calls me up and says all these things and says "thing is i can't find anything wrong with the dream" (i'm like...."there has to be something")

So then he says, well there was an elevator with an extra door [where it should not be] covering a hidden control panel. i'm like..yep, there you go. Not from God. (not to mention there is no elevator in that room in real life.

Concerning the same kind of thing. i had a dream showing me a specific woman that i know, there was a pile of prescription pills on the table in front of her. in the dream i knew i was looking into her mind. well, in that room, there was a light switch next to her and the table. the next week i arrive at that meeting place.. and sure as heck the light switch had been removed and table was moved to the other side of the room. I was relieved of course, that the dream was false.

yet some people overlook such "trivial" details?
You did in fact interpret the dream as being not from God. You are wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cannot be known

Aug 25, 2016
westernwashington
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You did in fact interpret the dream as being not from God. You are wrong.
technically, i did not.

i said that information would be enough for me. meaning if i had the dream, i would disregard it.

that said, which of the above interpretations is correct? or will you provide your own?

Upvote 0

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
this detail you mention: "I sat in the room (now there was a table and chair)" would be enough for me to say the dream was not from God.
'Technically' you did say the dream was not of God as anyone can see. It is best that the dreamer learns to interpret their own dream and in the posts above there is a lot of wisdom, excepting your posts, to help Librah. Her dream is the theme of this thread- not your ego. Thank you.

Upvote 0