• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dream of Being Sexually Assaulted Meaning?

GraceIsLifeIsGrace

SoftGraceForLife
May 2, 2011
Just southeast of Springfield, Missouri
✟8,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello and greetings Lik3. I feel for your confusion and curiosity. I also feel for how many days you've been hoping for a reply...I came upon your message just a couple days ago and now have time to write back.

No it's not unusual to have dreams about things that haven't happened, and in fact, that is what goes to the heart of why this recurring dream.

However, it is at the same time, that the "why" has many possibilities, and I say "possibilities" not because there isn't a specific answer for you, but because someone who doesn't know you and is answering such a question on a faceless electronic method of communication like this, can answer only in terms of possibilities. The real answer for you, personally and specifically, does exist, and these possibilities I bring up can be only a starting point for your own prayerful study and reflective searching so as to know what the genuine "why" is for you.

The essence and heart of a dream is that it is very personally specific because that is the essence of God and life to and for every person...alas, how sad it is that so much in society and even many churches, are blind to the specialness of that individual personalness that God and life are about, and where instead so much is based on group-thought or comparisons to this-and-that and truth of a person is judged based on comparisons. I believe groups or comparisons have their place, but I also believe that such things are applied and put in practice too often in very wrong and detrimental ways. A good discusson topic indeed, but I say that much only for clarity in this message against the unhealthy kind of comparisons since the answers and truth about a dream are based in personal individualness. So now on to the possibilities I was referring to.

1) Fear of it happening to you. Outright fear that wants to stay alive to stifle life and keep you feeling subdued and on edge to keep your sense of life inside to be stifled and shoved in a corner. Possibly to keep you locked inside the mortifying belief that you'd have no choice but to obey and submit if it were to happen. God would allow such fear to be provoked in a dream or by a dream for increased awareness of what's inside oneself since awareness is better than blindness (or at least when the timing is right to learn of such things inside oneself). This would then be for the purpose of searching inside by His Spirit for the peace and clarity of how to rise above and overcome the fear so as to stay protected and safe...and even how to verbally and spiritually stand up to such a person.

2) Feeling sad for all the women it happens to, so the purpose would be compassion and supportiveness for a feeling or inner involvement like they're not alone and you're there for them, with them...or want to be as time goes on, like much more so in the future compared to now, inner personal growth, that kind of thing. This type of purpose usually has a future-oriented meaning, like something of preparation, strengthening, understanding and comprehension. Or, this kind of purpose can also be along the lines of just plain and simple personal curiosity and interest about the subject of sexual assault and why it happens and what do the victims feel like during and after, and how does it feel after-the-fact when trying to talk to people about it (or at least maybe wanting to but maybe staying quiet depending upon the attitudes and personalities of the people the person knows). You say it's never happened to you, so curiosity and concern and interest to know and understand more is perfectly hugely normal for such an important thing that happens too commonly. There are lots and lots of different things that haven't happened to me that I spend a huge amount of time on in prayerful thought and reflection, and I say "prayerful thought and reflection" because it's just that spiritual state inside while being awake. Many years ago I was sad that I hardly get any dreams and for many months I got the same answer, that it's because I spend so much time in reflective study and prayerful thought while I'm awake. On a personal note, I'll add that I believe way too much of society is blind, deaf, dumb (i.e, "unable to speak anything with intelligence and substance"), when it comes to sexual crimes. It's just sad and a ridiculous travesty. If this type of purpose would be what you find to be going on inside, then it's really cool 'n neat how God and life can be for knowing that about you maybe before you yourself knew, and responding with a dream that can be an absolutely awesome tool of teaching.

3) Premonition and warning. Of some kind...and where the "some kind" would be the tricky part, but I say it that way only because I'm answering your question without knowing you. Although, I guess even if we knew each other, the same unknown's could exist just the same. Knowing you and what's up inside yourself and in your life, can greatly help to narrow down all that. Could be about you yourself, or someone you know. Could be about a guy you know or a guy who a friend of yours knows. There are several possibilities wrapped up in that. And check this out...one possibility, depending upon circumstances and how things feel in your dream, is that it could also be a love/help--type of warning out of preemptive supportiveness by God about a guy you know, who's on a path in his mind that's about to go crash-bang-boom by something he's about to do (be it to you or a friend of yours or someone else), and where coming in the near future is when your opportunity will happen to speak in such a way and about such things that stop the rest of that growth pattern in his mind from happening so that the choice is never made for the sexual assault to happen. To many people, that kind of possibility would seem ridiculous, but I say "so what" to such people & such beliefs because that truly is part of the essence of God and life and how God can reach out to touch people.

Possibilities, possibilities, possibilities. It's also possible that the answer is a combination or mix of different parts of those possibilities I wrote, or maybe even yet other possibilities I didn't think about. So I certainly hope these possibilities I gave, are immensely helpful in some way for the spiritual help that would come from God, to be a pointing finger of direction to the answer of why. If I knew you some, and knew things about how you thnk and what reflections you have about life and yourself and God, and maybe knew things about your daily life, I could give a more specific answer for "why." But because of the awesome specialness of life (and dreams) that God is about, that answer can come to you just fine just by prayerful curiosity and reflective study...but then that can also come back around to part of the awesomeness of communication and stuff with fellow human beings, since there are times when it's just necessary for another person to be brought into the mix to help figure out those things going on inside.

Upvote 0