Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've had the different dreams 3 or 4 times. Usually once every year or two. The dreams are all different, and yet the same. I'll explain.

In the dream, I am trying to get back to my apartment. My apartment is a happy place. The place I want to be. Each time the apartment is different, but yet it is always the place where I feel at peace, and happy.

Each dream, the apartment was different. One it was a split level flat, that had a beautiful sunny room, with my desk and couch and computer, and so on, with my bedroom on the lower level.

Each dream, I can recall how the apartment looked, and how I enjoyed being in it.

In every dream however, there is something, some obstacle that prevents me from getting back to that good and happy place.

One time I was driving a car, and there was always something in my way, and there was traffic and the road was closed and on and on.

Another time, I was trying to figure out a puzzle, and I had to find the solution to the puzzle or I could not go to that good place.

Or some job I have to do, or a person I have to deal with, but in every dream, there is something preventing me from getting back to that good place.

Every dream ends in the exact same way. When I start to get frustrated at not being able ot return to the good place, I ask myself the same question "Why did I leave that place anyway?"

That's when I remember that I only lived at one apartment in my life, and it was not that good place. Then I realize the reason I left that good place, is because that good place of happiness never existed to begin with. I was never there.

Then I wake up.

So.... any ideas on what this means? Or why I've had this dream several times over the past 10 years?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had the different dreams 3 or 4 times. Usually once every year or two. The dreams are all different, and yet the same. I'll explain.

In the dream, I am trying to get back to my apartment. My apartment is a happy place. The place I want to be. Each time the apartment is different, but yet it is always the place where I feel at peace, and happy.

Each dream, the apartment was different. One it was a split level flat, that had a beautiful sunny room, with my desk and couch and computer, and so on, with my bedroom on the lower level.

Each dream, I can recall how the apartment looked, and how I enjoyed being in it.

In every dream however, there is something, some obstacle that prevents me from getting back to that good and happy place.

One time I was driving a car, and there was always something in my way, and there was traffic and the road was closed and on and on.

Another time, I was trying to figure out a puzzle, and I had to find the solution to the puzzle or I could not go to that good place.

Or some job I have to do, or a person I have to deal with, but in every dream, there is something preventing me from getting back to that good place.

Every dream ends in the exact same way. When I start to get frustrated at not being able ot return to the good place, I ask myself the same question "Why did I leave that place anyway?"

That's when I remember that I only lived at one apartment in my life, and it was not that good place. Then I realize the reason I left that good place, is because that good place of happiness never existed to begin with. I was never there.

Then I wake up.

So.... any ideas on what this means? Or why I've had this dream several times over the past 10 years?

Dreaming is how the brain helps to process emotions in the subconscious. The emotions are the only "Real" part of a dream. The details are invented by your conscience.

Be aware that we all long for "the happy place" that may or may not have existed in the past.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is something unresolved that weighs on your mind, that's all. It may be significant or merely a itch your mind wants to scratch, but it's not God trying to get through to you.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happiness and health is when a person has been blessed by God for trusting/believing in Him and obeying His Law/commandments/Word, especially for Christians and Jews.(cf; DEUT.28, ROMANS.2:5-16)

Problem is, most Gentiles lead lawless lives from childhood = unhappy lives on earth. And when they become Gentile Christians(GC) as adults, they may be carrying a lot of unhappy baggage with them as they begin their newfound spiritual lives of the Spirit.(cf; 1CORINTHIANS.3:1-3)
....... Unfortunately, some of these unhappy baggage that resulted from their past and ignorant sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking are often irreversible or unhealable or irrecoverable, eg STDs, drug addiction/alcoholism, wrong marriage+kids, etc.

Hence, at ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted the Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which may prove a burden to them, with the minimum requirement of keeping just 4 easy laws of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animals, food offered to idols and sexual immorality. This is because eternal life in heaven through faith/belief in Jesus Christ trumps a happy and long life on earth through the keeping of Moses Law.
....... So, the uncircumcised GC adult men do not need to be circumcised or to eat only kosher foods and drug addicts/alcoholics do not need to abstain.(cf; GALATIANS.5:13)

In comparison, most Jews lead law-abiding lives from childhood = blessed by God with happy and long lives on earth. Hence, God requires Jewish Christians to continue to keep His Law or Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them = further blessed by God with eternal life in heaven through faith in Jesus when they die.

So, the interpretation of your dream is for you to learn to keep as many non-burdensome laws of Moses as possible, esp moral laws, so that you can be happy and in a better place or apartment, eg DEUT.18:9-14 = consult the Old Testament more. Some GC wrongly think that it's harmless to consult horoscope, fortune tellers, tarot card readers, psychics, ouija-boards, etc or to get tattoos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then I wake up.

My angle would be that God has a happy place, planned for you. But there are things that hinder you entering that place, the puzzle may be unanswered questions, things that you want to know, questions or doubts, the traffic jam may be the business of life, getting caught up in the things of life.

My suggestion would be that God is calling you to grow closer to Him, to put aside the business, and the questions, and just seek Him. Pray and study the Word, for the bible says "seek first the kingdom of God and all things will be added to you". Surprisingly true happiness comes as we put God first place in our life.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON
262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread
From Christian Advice

to Sign Gifts

as This is a More Fitting Forum

for this subject

If you want to Continue in this discussion, https://www.christianforums.com/threads/please-read-and-agree-before-posting.8017157/

Thank you

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It is something unresolved that weighs on your mind, that's all. It may be significant or merely a itch your mind wants to scratch, but it's not God trying to get through to you.

Yeah I assumed that. I always thought (possibly wrongly) that if G-d wanted to send me a dream, it would be pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"In every dream however, there is something, some obstacle that prevents me from getting back to that good and happy place."

Possibly an unresolved fear.

Interesting concept. The only fear I really have, is that nothing will improve, which as been true in my life thus far.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like distractions to me that are keeping you from your happy place...time with God/peace in a busy world. @Hidden In Him told me that a car a lot of the times means ministry in a dream. I could be completely off. But thought I would take a wack. Lol. Hidden is an expert though. I hope you get some peace about what this dream means. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then I wake up.

Greetings, Andrew. I had glanced at the first few sentences of this thread but didn't get any leading to try and interpret it yet, but thanks to Lily's tag I noticed it this morning and it all seems pretty clear.

I'll break down the basics at least:
- Home/ "Happy place" = The place where you feel most fulfilled in God. May take some time discerning where this place is. But the key would be in asking where and when you felt most happy and fulfilled in your walk with the Lord in the past, because this is a place you are trying to get back to.
- Keep in mind, this appears to be a largely future tense dream, so these applications are future rather than present.
- "One time I was driving a car, and there was always something in my way, and there was traffic and the road was closed and on and on." = The car here, as Lily was saying, probably is ministry in some form. Ministries can actually draw us away from God, and it happens to many good men and women. They get so involved in ministry that they no longer have time for God. Hence you are detained by "traffic." Once you get committed, people (and also churches) increasingly fill up your time, and you become evermore burdened by obligations.
- "Another time, I was trying to figure out a puzzle, and I had to find the solution to the puzzle or I could not go to that good place." = Puzzles represent mental anxieties over something, which Jesus said choke out the word. You need to cast your anxieties upon the Lord.
- "Or some job I have to do, or a person I have to deal with" = Worldly employments and family or interpersonal relationships probably. Both can hinder you from spending time with God if you allow them to.
- "Every dream ends in the exact same way. When I start to get frustrated at not being able ot return to the good place, I ask myself the same question "Why did I leave that place anyway?" = All these things I mentioned are good and necessary things to have in your life, but they must not dominate it. You have to manage all of them so that they do not compete with your time with God. It happens to all of us and it's why we end up wondering why we left off from spending time with Him as well, but you cannot tolerate becoming distracted from God for too long. It is your responsibility not to.
- "That's when I remember that I only lived at one apartment in my life, and it was not that good place. Then I realize the reason I left that good place, is because that good place of happiness never existed to begin with. I was never there." = See, this suggests it is not a physical place, as is also evident from how the place keeps changing. It is about finding that place in life where you can be happy, which means wherever you are being most fulfilled in God and feeling closest to Him.

Let me know where you have been happiest in Christ in your past. Maybe this will help you find out how to get back there.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings, Andrew. I had glanced at the first few sentences of this thread but didn't get any leading to try and interpret it yet, but thanks to Lily's tag I noticed it this morning and it all seems pretty clear.

I'll break down the basics at least:
- Home/ "Happy place" = The place where you feel most fulfilled in God. May take some time discerning where this place is. But the key would be in asking where and when you felt most happy and fulfilled in your walk with the Lord in the past, because this is a place you are trying to get back to.
- Keep in mind, this appears to be a largely future tense dream, so these applications are future rather than present.
- "One time I was driving a car, and there was always something in my way, and there was traffic and the road was closed and on and on." = The car here, as Lily was saying, probably is ministry in some form. Ministries can actually draw us away from God, and it happens to many good men and women. They get so involved in ministry that they no longer have time for God. Hence you are detained by "traffic." Once you get committed, people (and also churches) increasingly fill up your time, and you become evermore burdened by obligations.
- "Another time, I was trying to figure out a puzzle, and I had to find the solution to the puzzle or I could not go to that good place." = Puzzles represent mental anxieties over something, which Jesus said choke out the word. You need to cast your anxieties upon the Lord.
- "Or some job I have to do, or a person I have to deal with" = Worldly employments and family or interpersonal relationships probably. Both can hinder you from spending time with God if you allow them to.
- "Every dream ends in the exact same way. When I start to get frustrated at not being able ot return to the good place, I ask myself the same question "Why did I leave that place anyway?" = All these things I mentioned are good and necessary things to have in your life, but they must not dominate it. You have to manage all of them so that they do not compete with your time with God. It happens to all of us and it's why we end up wondering why we left off from spending time with Him as well, but you cannot tolerate becoming distracted from God for too long. It is your responsibility not to.
- "That's when I remember that I only lived at one apartment in my life, and it was not that good place. Then I realize the reason I left that good place, is because that good place of happiness never existed to begin with. I was never there." = See, this suggests it is not a physical place, as is also evident from how the place keeps changing. It is about finding that place in life where you can be happy, which means wherever you are being most fulfilled in God and feeling closest to Him.

Let me know where you have been happiest in Christ in your past. Maybe this will help you find out how to get back there.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

Interesting post. Not sure if I can answer your question though.

I have pretty much hated life, for as long as I can remember. So to answer a question about when I was happiest in Christ, is nearly impossible. Not entirely sure when or how I would define that.

As for getting into ministry, depending on what you mean by that, I have always considered that a bad idea.

I've helped out at charities and such, and donated time for upkeep of the church of course.

But if you mean working with people one-on-one, I've always thought it would be hypocritical to try and tell people that everything is going to work out, and the G-d will give them joy, when things have not worked out for me, nor do I have joy.

It would seem to be hard to impart to others something that I myself don't have.

Again, like the dream, it's hard to get back to a place that never existed. Why do you think I pray for a quick end to my life? It's so I can get to the happy place that does exist. Heaven.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've helped out at charities and such, and donated time for upkeep of the church of course.

But if you mean working with people one-on-one

No, no. Ministry of any kind. The above would qualify.
Again, like the dream, it's hard to get back to a place that never existed. Why do you think I pray for a quick end to my life? It's so I can get to the happy place that does exist. Heaven.

Ok, well then He's telling you this place is still future, but is likely also in a sense related to your earliest childhood, when you were still not that far removed from Heaven as it were. But He is NOT telling you to end your life, so get that out of your head. There is joy in Christ. You just haven't figured out how to find it yet.

We can continue this in private if you would rather, but my next question would be do you spend any time with God alone?

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, no. Ministry of any kind. The above would qualify.

Ok, well then He's telling you this place is still future, but is likely also in a sense related to your earliest childhood, when you were still not that far removed from Heaven as it were. But He is NOT telling you to end your life, so get that out of your head. There is joy in Christ. You just haven't figured out how to find it yet.

We can continue this in private if you would rather, but my next question would be do you spend any time with God alone?

Nothing bothers me. So this is fine. There is a ton of freedom in not caring, if that makes any sense.

I assume you mean outside of church. For the last almost 10 years, I've been listening to the Daily Audio Bible.

https://dailyaudiobible.com/
A simple daily walk through the Bible, usually 20 to 30 minutes.

I also tend to watch Mark Gungor's Bible Study when I eat.

And of course praying for a truck to run me over on the way to work. You don't need to worry about suicide. I'm too much of a coward for that, or I would have done it 20 years ago. I'm just waiting for my time to end.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have learned I have to continually pray against the spirit of anxiety and depression and meditate on scripture. Also along with that was cutting things out that was keeping me away from my happy place in Jesus. Simple things like NCIS and Criminal Minds...Good shows, but I can't watch them anymore. I feel a lot happier lately. The closer you get to God, the happier you will be.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will protect your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time; casting all your cares on Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums