Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Hallo,
I had a dream that is still fairly vivid to me after a whole day has passed. I am wondering about its meaning. If anyone has any insight from God,
please share.

My dream early this morning:

House was messy...a few 'themes' (/type of mess) . One was the dogs. Big dogs as well as many many puppies. Scenario of Mom discovering dogs and being upset and wanting to get rid of them. A man..or two...I think Ah Seng was one of them.. started putting dogs in big bags and drowning them in a tub(i think). I immediately understood what he was doing when I witnessed it.. and was shocked. I saw him pull out one dog..saying that the dog wanted to live..evidenced by dog fighting for life..struggling. I remember taking a paper towel and wiping dog's face which was 'blurry' and immediately I could see the face after wiping. Someone ( david i think) was bringing a towel to wrap the dog. I was shocked. The next dog...drowned. The man told me that the dog wanted to die. Whe I woke up I still rememberd the dream..and it was like I could 'feel' the feelings of that dog. The despair..the darkness. The lifelessness. Despondency? I kept wondering and upsetting over why that dog didn't want to live. So it came to 'choice'. That dog chose to not fight for life and slink into darkness. Then the many small puppies were released from a bag into a sort of drain..symbolising that they were being set free.. they were going to live. The puppies don't feature as much in the dream so much as those two dogs. The dog that wanted to live... I remember feeling shocked..and then relieved..and sorry for the dog as it must have been afraid. Then the dog that died. I felt so hopeless and I couldn't understand WHY? To me, death was very final. That dog no longer existed..and it had made the choice. I felt so sad. I still remember Ah Seng having an important role. He was like defending himself by saying that it was up to the dogs. That if they wanted to live they could. If they didn't, then that was it. So he was the person getting rid of a problem in the house (the mess) and at teh same time giving the dogs the 'final say' - a choice

I keep thinking about the dog that died...

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a tuff dream to figure out.

I believe that dreams are symbolic of something going on in our lives, usually it is our brains trying to problem solve, or express an emotion, thru symbolism. Just my opinion.:) Although sometimes a dream can be a prophecy of some kind.

A house might represent our body, or it might represent our life. Sometimes, a house can represent the world.

The dogs could be a symbolism for people, with the puppies symbolizing babies or children.

Or, the dogs could represent relationship problems that you have in your life. The dog that died could be a dear friend that you have lost. Perhaps the friendship was lost because the friend "chose" to not give up a destructive behavior, that ultimately caused the "death" of the friendship.

Sometimes dreaming about death can be an indication that your health, or the health of a loved one is not good.

All of the above is mere guesswork on my part.:)

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The symbolic meanings of the dream are: –
The house – your spiritual life
The dogs - people
The men – ministries
You – Intercessor, you observe what happen and experience the feelings.

You felt what God feel about people and the same kind of hopelessness you feel about the dog who made the wrong choice is how God feel about people making the wrong choice. If you first find what represent what in this dream the rest of the information you will be work out for yourself. I have often seen that ‘feelings’ in a dream is very important and by telling the dream you cannot verbalizing your feelings.

I do feel that God is speaking to you about the importance of making a choice. You have to think where you are spiritually and what you want in life. Read through this teaching and see what I mean.

This is our enemies as Christians and how we can over come them.

The world as enemy
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of THE WORLD is ENMITY with God? Whosoever therefore will be a FRIEND of the WORLD is the ENEMY OF GOD.

The only one way to overcome the world is by choice. In the lives of a newborn Christian’s there will be many opportunities to make a choice. You will either choose the world or God.

The flesh as enemy
Romans 8:13 For IF YE LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, YE SHALL DIE: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

To overcome the flesh is to mortify, (degrade, crush and confound) it. It’s a painful process but to die to self is very profitable for our spirit. It’s the only way to die to self. We may often regret that your flesh is not a demon, if it were; we could simply cast it out. But we can’t neither cast out flesh nor bind it. It has to die. (Kill it) God won’t send an angel to kill your flesh, nor will the demons kill your flesh for you. Demons will stir your own flesh to help you to bring forth a work of the flesh; it’s up to you to kill your flesh.

Satan and his demons as enemies .
Ephesians 6:12 For we WRESTLE not AGAINS FLESH and BLOOD, but AGAINST PRICIPALITIES, AGAINST POWERS, AGAINST the RULERS OF DARKNESS, AGAINST SPIRTUAL WICKEDNESS in high places.

There are different ways to overcome demons and his activities. We need to be spiritually dressed for this battle with the Armor. Demons are not playmates and we need to be spirally matured to handle them. Many Christians is back in the world because of warfare as babies in Christ.

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
It's tough to figure out a dream for someone you don't know. But I got some impressions from your dream. The dog (person) who fought to live accepted the Word of God and lived eternally. The other dog could have lived but chose to ignore the Word of God died an eternal death. Is someone you know rejecting the Word of God?
In Christ: Patrick

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe I'm too skeptical, but maybe you just ate too much the night before, and your neighbor's dog barked for hours before you fell asleep?

I'm sorry. I know nothing about dream interpretation. . .

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Susan
Maybe I'm too skeptical, but maybe you just ate too much the night before, and your neighbor's dog barked for hours before you fell asleep?

I'm sorry. I know nothing about dream interpretation. . .

Ha ha ha! :D

I guess you can't rule those things out, either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ROGER459

Aug 30, 2006
✟798.00
Faith
Christian
(Isaiah 8:19-20) And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
(Isa 8:20) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Strange as it may seem, many in the OT had dreams and interperters of those dreams, AND WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD AND HIS WORD!

Deuteronomy 18 covers MUCH OF THAT! Replete throughout the OT are those that sought for Signs and Other Things!

(John 15:3-to-6) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
(Joh 15:4) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
(Joh 15:5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
(Joh 15:6) If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Thanks, Roger459

Upvote 0

BroGinder

Veteran
Aug 18, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟14,621.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The symbolic meanings of the dream are: –
The house – your spiritual life
The dogs - people
The men – ministries
You – Intercessor, you observe what happen and experience the feelings.

You felt what God feel about people and the same kind of hopelessness you feel about the dog who made the wrong choice is how God feel about people making the wrong choice. If you first find what represent what in this dream the rest of the information you will be work out for yourself. I have often seen that ‘feelings’ in a dream is very important and by telling the dream you cannot verbalizing your feelings.

I do feel that God is speaking to you about the importance of making a choice. You have to think where you are spiritually and what you want in life. Read through this teaching and see what I mean.

This is our enemies as Christians and how we can over come them.

The world as enemy
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of THE WORLD is ENMITY with God? Whosoever therefore will be a FRIEND of the WORLD is the ENEMY OF GOD.

The only one way to overcome the world is by choice. In the lives of a newborn Christian’s there will be many opportunities to make a choice. You will either choose the world or God.

The flesh as enemy
Romans 8:13 For IF YE LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, YE SHALL DIE: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

To overcome the flesh is to mortify, (degrade, crush and confound) it. It’s a painful process but to die to self is very profitable for our spirit. It’s the only way to die to self. We may often regret that your flesh is not a demon, if it were; we could simply cast it out. But we can’t neither cast out flesh nor bind it. It has to die. (Kill it) God won’t send an angel to kill your flesh, nor will the demons kill your flesh for you. Demons will stir your own flesh to help you to bring forth a work of the flesh; it’s up to you to kill your flesh.

Satan and his demons as enemies .
Ephesians 6:12 For we WRESTLE not AGAINS FLESH and BLOOD, but AGAINST PRICIPALITIES, AGAINST POWERS, AGAINST the RULERS OF DARKNESS, AGAINST SPIRTUAL WICKEDNESS in high places.

There are different ways to overcome demons and his activities. We need to be spiritually dressed for this battle with the Armor. Demons are not playmates and we need to be spirally matured to handle them. Many Christians is back in the world because of warfare as babies in Christ.
I am truly feeling that very thing.
God Bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.