Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I liked the series, but did not like the ending. The reason, it goes against the Catholic teaching that we all have Free Will. The Dragon in the series, isn't a mindless dragon with pure instinct like a lion or tiger, but a Dragon that can talk, knows that it has killed, and was once human. However it claims that it is forced to kill because of its nature. I as a person may not like someone or something or something may make me mad, but I don't go around killing. The Arisen kills the Dragon and becomes the Dragon. Okay fine. But he should not be forced to kill. Booooooooo, Dragons Dogma threw out Free Will. If it was a mindless dragon that cannot talk, never was human and doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, then yeah, it kills because of nature, but it is not. Also the Arisen started eating the heart of the Dragon, so I'm wondering if they make later seasons of Dragons Dogma, the next Arisen won't eat the heart and won't become the Dragon.

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not that familiar (don't remember the game that much), but from what I gather, this is just one ending of the game, you have choices that change how the story progresses and this may just function in that way.

As for sequels, I wouldn't know unless I watch the series, but also would need to understand the story of the game it's based on

If you had told me Frozen would get a sequel, I'd have been skeptical, but if they can make a story, it's not impossible

Since you've brought up something, I think I could recommend a Netflix animation series (said to be an original anime series), Blood of Zeus. Certainly a wild ride and has twists I didn't see coming, only 8 episodes total

Upvote 0

AppleGold

Apr 18, 2019
Follansbee
✟22,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if it is one ending of a game, then that makes sense. Ending of what Dragon's Dogma, or Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? I thought the movie was separate from the games, not following one of them almost exactly.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well, if it is one ending of a game, then that makes sense. Ending of what Dragon's Dogma, or Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? I thought the movie was separate from the games, not following one of them almost exactly.
I imagine the first, not the sequel.

Franchise had a Japan only MMO too that ended last year

Upvote 0