• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Dragged to Hell

Discussion in 'The Box Office' started by TailTactics, May 21, 2009.

1. TailTactics

TailTactics Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind

+26
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    thoughts.. opinions...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Billnew

Billnew Legend

+1,152
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Hate the title,
    looks interesting from the trailer.

3. staveoffzombies

staveoffzombies Senior Member

+32
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    As a longtime Evil Dead fan I'm excited to see Sam Raimi return to the horror genre. And early reviews are looking very positive so I'm definitely starting to get excited for this one.

4. WhiteWillow

WhiteWillow Busy motherhood takes priority!

+7,585
    Lutheran
    Married
    Saw the trailer,looked somewhat silly but ya never know.

5. masterchiefy

masterchiefy Truth Seeker

+4
    Agnostic
    Single
    Looks awesome and feeds on every persons fear of going to H*ll, perfect story plot to get someone scared.

6. Peterthepebble

Peterthepebble Junior Member

+4
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hi,

I saw the trailer for this movie and was greatly intrigued yet greatly disturbed by the imagery in the trailer. The first part of this move sees a boy of 12 get dragged to hell. I do not like this premise for the movie as I know as do you all that hell is real and to see people, even fictitious people get damned for an eternity because of a bad choice just sticks with me. I have not seen the movie and do not intend to, I have however read a spoiler review. Its not a happy ending. I just do not like it when movies portray this scenario, especially when its a boy of 12 or a sweet innocent looking woman, who just happened to make a bad choice.
    I suppose I need to seperate fantasy with reality, however like I said, hell is real.

7. Truffle

Truffle Proud American

+3,406
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    isn't it called drag me to hell? anyways..i almost went. i didn't wanna go and see it being such a short horror film but will rent on netflix when it comes out.

8. KGirl

KGirl Senior Member

+40
    Christian
    US-Republican
    I would never go see it. It clearly glorifies hell and that is disturbing. I am glad to hear of others who notice in their conscience that they wouldn't want to see it.

9. OpenDoor

OpenDoor Faith + Hope + Love

+111
    Christian
    Single
    I saw it, but I wish I did not. Since it was by Sam Raimi and because of the ridiculous title. I was expecting a FUNNY horror movie (Army of Darkness).
    It did have some funny parts (dropping an anvil on a demons head), but it glorified demons and magic (offering an animal scarifice to the demon).
    Not to mention the ridiculous idea that a person could go to hell without God's judgement.

10. Kepha

Kepha Veteran

+104
    Catholic
    Private
    Saw this the other day. Thought it was a funny horror film that wasn't meant to be taken seriously by any means. I don't see it as glorifying hell at all. As a matter of fact, it made it look like a very unpleasant place to be. Mm-hmm.

11. Peterthepebble

Peterthepebble Junior Member

+4
    Pentecostal
    Married
    without spoiling it for others, how did it look when the little boy got dragged and how did it look when the woman got dragged? just disturbed yet intrigued..

12. * kittie *

* kittie * Contributor

+366
    Christian
    Private
    Didn't think it glorified hell. There is one part that I didn't like and that was the um...sacrifice. I thought it was just terrible.

Movie was okay. Some of the stuff was so random... I guess i went in expecting too much. But then again, I never like horror movies...zzz

13. staveoffzombies

staveoffzombies Senior Member

+32
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Saw it and loved it. The opening scene, and especially the ending scene were quite disturbing; which is a good thing because it's a horror movie.

The rest of the movie is pure manic Raimi at his finest.

14. nikkipompom

nikkipompom Call me Noodles...

+434
    Christian
    In Relationship
    It had me jumping ALOT but it really confused me too. I laughed alot.

15. KGirl

KGirl Senior Member

+40
    Christian
    US-Republican
    It glorified it by focusing on it and making be seen as "entertaining".

16. christian74

christian74 Newbie

+0
    Single
    it's like a song from Styper - TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL!
    The old lady is kinda spooky from that movie. But it tends to mislead viewers that Vodoo or witchcraft can resolve the Haunting of that evil spirit.

The Director's fun will be spoiled, if there's a character there who will witness the girl in the Biblical Truths and call upon Jesus' name and be saved from that curse. That will make the story short. ha ha.