Peterthepebble

Sep 29, 2004
✟15,299.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I saw the trailer for this movie and was greatly intrigued yet greatly disturbed by the imagery in the trailer. The first part of this move sees a boy of 12 get dragged to hell. I do not like this premise for the movie as I know as do you all that hell is real and to see people, even fictitious people get damned for an eternity because of a bad choice just sticks with me. I have not seen the movie and do not intend to, I have however read a spoiler review. Its not a happy ending. I just do not like it when movies portray this scenario, especially when its a boy of 12 or a sweet innocent looking woman, who just happened to make a bad choice.
I suppose I need to seperate fantasy with reality, however like I said, hell is real.

Upvote 0

OpenDoor

Faith + Hope + Love
Apr 17, 2007
✟10,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw it, but I wish I did not. Since it was by Sam Raimi and because of the ridiculous title. I was expecting a FUNNY horror movie (Army of Darkness).
It did have some funny parts (dropping an anvil on a demons head), but it glorified demons and magic (offering an animal scarifice to the demon).
Not to mention the ridiculous idea that a person could go to hell without God's judgement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Didn't think it glorified hell. There is one part that I didn't like and that was the um...sacrifice. I thought it was just terrible.

Movie was okay. Some of the stuff was so random... I guess i went in expecting too much. But then again, I never like horror movies...zzz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christian74

Jun 14, 2009
Philippines
✟15,162.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
it's like a song from Styper - TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL!
The old lady is kinda spooky from that movie. But it tends to mislead viewers that Vodoo or witchcraft can resolve the Haunting of that evil spirit.

The Director's fun will be spoiled, if there's a character there who will witness the girl in the Biblical Truths and call upon Jesus' name and be saved from that curse. That will make the story short. ha ha.

Upvote 0