Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And how many terrorists has this stopped so far? So it caught someone with a pocket knife, big deal. Hell, I'd rather have that guy with his knife on my plane so when some terrorist does get by the TSA, someone will be in a position to kill him.

These machines don't detect items in body cavities. And the terrorists found a way around these machines before they were even put into place. The printer toner bombs were put on the plane via international freight, freight that still isn't check to 100% capacity. A few years ago, a man shipped himself to his father's in Texas via air freight. What if he had been some super terrorist?

Whereas dogs and sniffing tech can smell out contraband hidden in body cavities. Airports have been doing it with drugs for decades.

How about a biometric frequent flyer's ID issued by the fed, allowing cleared, non-Muslim frequent flyers to pass through a separate booth with minimal screening?

Maybe some actual profiling that every security on Earth utilizes. Including nationality, behavioral, and ethnic.

How can you expect to be safe on a plane when we won't even admit who the enemy is, instead treating everyone like terrorists and criminals in nothing but security theater.

I think profiling based on nationality and ethnicity is insecure (leaving morality aside, for the moment). Behavior-based profiling is the best means we have. If we focus on Abdul Al Sixpack and ignore Marty McTerrorist because we were looking closely at Middle-Eastern-born Arabs and not so carefully at American-born Scots, they will send someone with red hair and a Pittsburgh accent.

There is one thing that all terrorists have in common, however: intent. It is nigh-impossible for the terrorists to make someone blow up a plane who does not intend to blow up the plane. And people who intend to blow up planes act differently from people who do not intend to blow up planes. But if certain types of people get the lighter touch, _those_ are the types of people the terrorists will try to recruit.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I never did understand the "opt out" day. The TSA workers go home when it's time to go home. causing a fuss just makes the lines longer and in the end only hurts the traveling public.

I think it was supposed to make life harder for the TSA workers. Whoever planned it seemed to be under the delusion that the TSA workers made the decisions.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it was supposed to make life harder for the TSA workers. Whoever planned it seemed to be under the delusion that the TSA workers made the decisions.

I think differently. I think it was intended to be a coordinated show of disapproval. And clearly the people who _do_ make the decisions heard it.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's disgusting the public treat the TSA with such contempt. If you don't want to have a split second naked image taken of yourself, don't fly. Everyone always wants better security, but if it involves something as minor as this, they complain. You can't have it both ways!

And when the body scanners become even more ubiquitous? They're already deployed in roaming vans, apparently. Not to mention, the TSA has a horrendous track record and numerous scandals in the ~9 years that it's been around. They were already unpopular before all of this happened.

It is supposed to be an act of civil disobedience. I'm pretty certain that everyone who follows this knows it isn't the workers themselves making these decisions. Yet, the most effective way to be civilly disobedient involves the TSA workers.

Upvote 0

kathaksung

Jan 30, 2002
San Jose, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,266.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a psycological control. The real purpose is to create a humble, obeydient majority so they can rule like a tyrant.

Rogues steal the government office. To expand their power they created false flag terror attack. (such like OKC bombing, 911 attack) They got what they want with the passing through of Patriot Act.

Rogues like to bully people with their power. They peep, eavesdrop, track people. They search, arrest and murder people.

To achieve this they developed the false flag terror attack to intimidate the public. Take the advantage of public's panic to squeeze more money and power from them.
Those villains have no other abilities but to persecute people. The ruling class want to create a humble and obeydient majority. They take away you civil rights by "check your I.D." in Arizona, and insult and humiliate you by "see through screen" and "pat down". See, I supervise you. I can see through you and grope you. If you dare to resist, there's fine and jail waiting for you. Those incompetent people won't add any treasure to the society but enjoy "security jobs" supported by your taxed money.

Step by step, they make it a totalitarian country.

Upvote 0