Don't mock God...

Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm depressed because we have little money and our efforts to get my husband's disability have been horribly delayed. I said "God can't even give us our daily bread, I have no money to buy any! We pray that every night!" Well.... from a couple of different unexpected sources today we have three loaves of bread and a bag of bread sticks... plus other food, is more bread in the forecast Lord?

Reactions: Tom Hancock
Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God likes to listen to my husband... I've been looking for jobs online im qualified for and he spelled out the characteristics that the job needed to have, including what state even. I told him it was unlikely I would find that.... then when I look again I found one like that to apply to! Will i get it, who knows, but something to pray about!

Upvote 0

pastel-princess

Mar 18, 2016
Virginia
✟7,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
God likes to listen to my husband... I've been looking for jobs online im qualified for and he spelled out the characteristics that the job needed to have, including what state even. I told him it was unlikely I would find that.... then when I look again I found one like that to apply to! Will i get it, who knows, but something to pray about!
Oh wow that's amazing! You and you husband were in my prayers last night, but I will certainly be praying that you get an interview and get that job :D

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Today, I was waiting for someone... a person came up to my door (it has glass in it, but not clear enough to see who it was) and at the same time the person called on my phone. I answered "you can come in" but the response was"I'm going to be late" so who was at my door? It was my aunt and she said "here's some bread" and just left saying nothing else... my husband says he said nothing to her about bread.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Update: now we are getting bread from a local food kitchen. Anyway, I love bird/nature watching but stuck in this little town. I subscribe to a listserve and someone from this town was looking for someone to birdwatch with. I and someone else responded and we are going to meet next week.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Follower212

Apr 5, 2016
Florida
✟15,371.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm depressed because we have little money and our efforts to get my husband's disability have been horribly delayed. I said "God can't even give us our daily bread, I have no money to buy any! We pray that every night!" Well.... from a couple of different unexpected sources today we have three loaves of bread and a bag of bread sticks... plus other food, is more bread in the forecast Lord?
God may not provide earthly goods today but he has provided you with a will and desire for these things. Use your creative self to go out and get the things you need. I don't mean to steal them. Go to your local Food Pantry, it could be at a church or a non denominational place. Think, how can you get what you need?

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I agree that mocking God is a grave sin. Christopher Hitchens, a prominent spokesperson for the blasphemy community and aggressive advocate for God denial, spent much of his life promoting hostility towards Christianity. As fate would have it, he died early from throat cancer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part in the Lord's Prayer that says "Give us this day, our daily bread" ... isn't that supposed to be referring to God's Word, or rather, learning from Scripture?

But it is a good story nonetheless, and I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you.

One should never mock God, though.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2016
Raleigh NC
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
who mocked God? Have we all not cried out towards to Lord when we didn't get our way? Or when he tested us? So why are you judging? The first person who can say they never cried out towards the Lord should be the one who states don't mock God. If a person is hungry and cries out to the Lord " can you not provide bread for us" is that the person who sinned or the person who judged him or her??

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2016
Raleigh NC
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you will be in prayers tonight. I understand what it feels like to be hungry and have no money for food. I know what it's like to be so hungry that you cannot sleep at night. But the LORD will ALWAYS PROVIDE FOR YOU , all you need to do is ask and have FAITH. God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhayes

Jesus is Lord.
Dec 13, 2012
Canada
✟43,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree that mocking God is a grave sin. Christopher Hitchens, a prominent spokesperson for the blasphemy community and aggressive advocate for God denial, spent much of his life promoting hostility towards Christianity. As fate would have it, he died early from throat cancer.

Interestingly so did ahmed deedat, a Muslim debater who spent his life denying that Jesus was the Son of God and blaspheming his holy name.

Upvote 0