✟1,356,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 4:4-7 ESV

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Whatever our present circumstances may be, we are to rejoice in the Lord.

For, our society in America is largely being turned upside down by a purported global virus, by draconian measures intended to quell the virus, and by a global (or partially global) uprising, all of which I believe are politically motivated and which have world domination as their goal.

So, what should our response be to it all?

First, we are to rejoice in the Lord. Then, we are to let our reasonableness (gentleness, moderation) be known to everyone. So, what does that mean?

Well, it involves selflessness, propriety, restraint of fleshly passions, fairness, and not insisting on (demanding) our own rights. It also includes the control of one’s temper, generous love, kindness, compassion, grace, and consideration for others. Basically, it is taking on the character of Jesus.

So, in all of this craziness going on in America, and in other nations of the world, we are not to respond with rage, violence, vengeance, demanding our rights, riots, lawlessness, hate, murder, selfishness, idolatry, stupidity, impropriety, loss of self-control or naivety (gullibility – believing everything).

And, we are also not to respond with fear. For, fear-mongering is rampant these days. Everywhere we turn it seems something is being flashed in front of our eyes to try to make us afraid – afraid of germs, afraid of people, afraid of gatherings, afraid of being different, afraid of color of skin, afraid of police, afraid of laws, and afraid of lawlessness, etc.

So, what is the antidote to fear? It is faith, and it is prayer, and it is submission to our Lord, and it is trust and resting in his sovereignty. And, then his peace will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus against fear. For, then we are focused on Jesus and not on our circumstances.

Philippians 4:8-9 ESV

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.”

There is so much garbage being thrown at us every day via the news and via social media, and via advertisements on various websites, even preceding Christian writings and songs, which I find particularly offensive. Even Bible sites have advertising, too, which can sometimes be offensive.

For, I want to share Christian music, but so many of the sites which share music include ads, some of which are offensive, which is why I put a caution with every link I include that is not a link to one of my (the Lord’s) original songs, which should be ad free.

But right now, social media, blogs, Zoom and Christian discussion sites are the primary ways in which we are able to connect with other like-minded believers in Jesus Christ, since large gatherings of people or intimate (close) gatherings of people are being severely restricted right now.

So, as long as we live in a virtual world, which definitely has its benefits, one of which is that we can share our faith in Jesus Christ with people all over the world, we are going to have to sift through some junk, at times, or skim past it, or find ways to mute it or block it so that we can get to what is wholesome, pure, lovely, honorable and praiseworthy.

So, we must be very self-disciplined in this area. We must have our faces set like flint (impassive, fixed, and determined to not give way) so that we are not pulled into all these trappings (Ref: Is 50:7). For, the Lord God will help us. We just have to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and not let anything pull us away or distract us from our walks of faith.

We must center our thoughts on Jesus and on the teachings of His Word, and on godly messages and Bible-based songs which glorify God, which give him honor and praise. And, we must get our minds off the garbage the world is throwing at us daily. And, this does take self-determination, self-control, and self-discipline. For, all that junk is just going to drag us down.

It is important to know what is going on in the world, or to hear what is being reported that is going on in the world, so that we have an understanding of the times in which we now live, and so we are prepared for what is surely to come in the near future, so we are not blind-sighted, and so we can help others to get ready and to be prepared, too. So, I am not suggesting we “bury our heads in the sand” (remain ignorant). But we must not be consumed by it or overtaken by it, but we must obey the Lord.

Philippians 4:10-13 ESV

“I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

We should never be content with what is sinful. We should never be content with apathy, laziness, wickedness, and immoral living, etc. So, these are not the types of situations in which we are to find contentment. Thus, we should never compromise our faith and morals to be accepted by the world or to be thought non-judgmental or not self-righteous, either.

We should be content, though, if we are lacking in anything this material world has to offer us. We should be content if we are in need or if we have plenty. And, we should find contentment in our Lord during times of trial and tribulation and during times of unrest and uncertainty regarding our future.

We should not let the circumstances of what is going on around us unsettle us or make us afraid, in other words. We must trust the Lord.

Right now, we do live in troubled times, in times of unrest and of uncertainty regarding our future. And, we live in an era which is a lot like a ticking time bomb ready to go off at any moment. Added to that is that it changes from day to day, sometimes back and forth like a ping-pong ball in a game of table tennis. So, there is much confusion, and much deception, too.

But in all of this, whether it be the virus, or the uprisings, or the changing natures of political leaders, or changes in laws, or the junk being thrown at us every day, or political and social unrest, and all the confusion that goes along with all of that, we need to put our trust in the Lord and rest in him.

We need to seek the Lord’s face and his counsel, pray for wisdom and understanding, and then we need to listen, and then obey what he shows us, even if it is not most popular, and even if it will get us rejected. For, we must stand on the truth, and not give way to the enemy, for God is with us.

For Our Nation

An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,