St. Louis, MO.
✟375,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Big difference in donating a baby (would that be for adoption?) and donating sperm.

What would be wrong with sperm donation? If you're going to be a donor, you need to decide if you'll be an unknown donor (selling your sperm to a sperm bank for use by an anonymous woman) or a known donor (you donate sperm to a woman you know. Becoming more common. But legally trickier.) If you wish to be an unknown donor, some sperm banks have an identity release policy. With your permission, they will release your identity to a child conceived with your sperm. Some children conceived through donor insemination have later wanted to know who their biological fathers are. A donor has to decide if he'd rather maintain his privacy or agree to identifying himself to his biological offspring. But a sperm bank will obtain a donor's personal and family medical history and make that information available.

Upvote 0

Holy Roller

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego California.
✟1,062.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The desired outcome is that the woman make the correct choice. She should base her decision on the characteristics of the male donating his sperm. Preferably, someone with an extraordinary intelligence, good looks, high levels of creativity, certain passions, a strong artistic sense, and so fourth.
Superficial qualities such as level of college education or personal wealth is sure to lead to an average being being born, thus, not the really desired outcome. Same with very handsome appearances, as this can be easily duplicated by the cosmetic surgeon's scalpel.
It would be disastrous for an Atheist to donate his sperm and carry on a legacy of spiritually-stunted growth, although some here may actually challenge me on this for some reason...

Have fun with that one, guys! :p

Upvote 0

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They changed the laws in my country, so you could end up being liable for maintenance costs in a worst case situation. Think I'd have to be pretty desperate for cash to chance a possible 18 years of costs.

All in all though, haven't got any moral problems with it. Don't think it would be very fair on the kid though to inherit my mug.

How much do you get paid a go RP?

Upvote 0

MercuryAndy

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Scotland
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They changed the laws in my country, so you could end up being liable for maintenance costs in a worst case situation. Think I'd have to be pretty desperate for cash to chance a possible 18 years of costs.

All in all though, haven't got any moral problems with it. Don't think it would be very fair on the kid though to inherit my mug.

How much do you get paid a go RP?

I thought no one got paid for donating...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.