victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may have already seen this but for those who haven't it's not bad!
He must have a good team behind him because this is pretty impressive stuff.
Should help get him a few votes I would think.

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't get it . The ad is clearly idolatrous in every way possible, " us"..... Think about it. So be it. :scratch:

• Winner
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't get it . The ad is clearly idolatrous in every way possible, " us"..... Think about it. So be it. :scratch:
That's a good pick up you did there , so I watched it again and he says it twice or more.
I wonder if that's a message sent to us by Trump , he quite often does that.
If it is a message then it seems to be telling me that we are not just fighting against flesh and blood , which I already knew anyway.

What would your take be on it Maria..?.....or anybody else reading this.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a good pick up you did there , so I watched it again and he says it twice or more.
I wonder if that's a message sent to us by Trump , he quite often does that.
If it is a message then it seems to be telling me that we are not just fighting against flesh and blood , which I already knew anyway.

What would your take be on it Maria..?.....or anybody else reading this.
As Christians we should recognize and fight deception. Discernment! This ad and the entire message points to the most egregious deception of all . FEAR. If one takes in this message as truth they have placed a man in front of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. They have replaced Love with fear. This is what idolatry looks like. This is what deception looks like. Go back to your first love. Take heed !

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

That's my take on it.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first half seemed a warning about him.

"A tempest that seeks to tear apart the fabric of our nation."

"seeks to rip out, and replace the very foundation of practicality and reason."

"We hear the clap of thunder in the halls of our capital."

"What we face is s a hurricane of deceit and moral decay with a goal of absolute power."

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first half seemed a warning about him.

"A tempest that seeks to tear apart the fabric of our nation."

"seeks to rip out, and replace the very foundation of practicality and reason."

"We hear the clap of thunder in the halls of our capital."

"What we face is s a hurricane of deceit and moral decay with a goal of absolute power."

I guess it's just perspective on that...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's my take on it.

Your take as written seems to my ears to be more melodramatic than the Ad...

Trump isn't trying to become an idol here, it doesn't read this way at all.

The ad definitely plays to the Trump base, but it's just saying we are in a spiritual battle that just became physical for us here in America (something Christians here haven't experienced with the rest of the world) and together we can overcome and win this battle. Trump here poses as only one person of many who is simply saying he can lead us as a nation to keep our foundational freedoms thus ensuring the American dream of our hearts continues to live on.

It expresses the sentiment of most of us. We were born free in a free country we just want to keep those freedoms and win this battle against the Marxist's for the nation.

To think this is in some way idolatrous is I think to misunderstand God entirely.

Do you really see a God that prefers to see His people suffering under oppression?

Yes the world is utterly disgusted by a bunch of Christians just wanting to worship God in Truth, freely, and raise our children in His Word without living under the constant fear of physical harm for it.

And yes that same world is coming for us... But we are ready.

It's only idolatrous to those who make an idol of it. We can agree with the sentiment of the video and still have 100% faith in God even as we follow the advice of the video and register to vote... You don't have to skip out on voting to prove to God you trust Him. People who think that sort of thing would die of starvation waiting for God to drop food in their lap every day.

We do have to put forth effort, even as we trust God for the increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: guyver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your take as written seems to my ears to be more melodramatic than the Ad...

Trump isn't trying to become an idol here, it doesn't read this way at all.

The ad definitely plays to the Trump base, but it's just saying we are in a spiritual battle that just became physical for us here in America (something Christians here haven't experienced with the rest of the world) and together we can overcome and win this battle. Trump here poses as only one person of many who is simply saying he can lead us as a nation to keep our foundational freedoms thus ensuring the American dream of our hearts continues to live on.

It expresses the sentiment of most of us. We were born free in a free country we just want to keep those freedoms and win this battle against the Marxist's for the nation.

To think this is in some way idolatrous is I think to misunderstand God entirely.

Do you really see a God that prefers to see His people suffering under oppression?

Yes the world is utterly disgusted by a bunch of Christians just wanting to worship God in Truth, freely, and raise our children in His Word without living under the constant fear of physical harm for it.

And yes that same world is coming for us... But we are ready.

It's only idolatrous to those who make an idol of it. We can agree with the sentiment of the video and still have 100% faith in God even as we follow the advice of the video and register to vote... You don't have to skip out on voting to prove to God you trust Him. People who think that sort of thing would die of starvation waiting for God to drop food in their lap every day.

We do have to put forth effort, even as we trust God for the increase.
We certainly see this differently. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I can't watch the whole thing yet but so far, it's great

(except it is Ad, not Add)

:)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It's really laughable to those that understand that Trump is the most dangerous politician that has arisen in America in it's history. This man hates the US Constitution. He is not a patriot and is horrible example for Christianity.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's really laughable to those that understand that Trump is the most dangerous politician that has arisen in America in it's history. This man hates the US Constitution. He is not a patriot and is horrible example for Christianity.
Oh ok I didn't know that. Most of us living outside of the US all seem to believe that he's been doing a great job .

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh ok I didn't know that. Most of us living outside of the US all seem to believe that he's been doing a great job .
No, the Stock Market did well for a time but he lies about everything.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not a fan of Trump, I wish he wasn't running. However, IMO the Democrats are far more dangerous than Trump and the Republicans, if only because they are much more powerful. They legitimately threaten to form a totalitarian government and stand for many things that are openly anti-Christian. I completely understand people being uncomfortable with Trump, but I don't understand how they are any more comfortable with the Democrats.

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He was and is, it's just that politics has become a big machine in America, big enough to try and take down your political opponent and keep ahold of power at any cost and any means necessary.

Reactions: guyver
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not a fan of Trump, I wish he wasn't running. However, IMO the Democrats are far more dangerous than Trump and the Republicans, if only because they are much more powerful. They legitimately threaten to form a totalitarian government and stand for many things that are openly anti-Christian. I completely understand people being uncomfortable with Trump, but I don't understand how they are any more comfortable with the Democrats.
The only person in politics which has threatened to suspend the Constitution and become a totalitarian leader is Donald Trump. Yet, you accuse those who try to uphold the rule of law and your right to participate in your government's decision making through legal voting in free elections to somehow want a totalitarian government. That is quite laughable.

I don't like some of what the Democrats do but only the current Republican party wants to strip Americans of their rights.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only person in politics which has threatened to suspend the Constitution and become a totalitarian leader is Donald Trump. Yet, you accuse those who try to uphold the rule of law and your right to participate in your government's decision making through legal voting in free elections to somehow want a totalitarian government. That is quite laughable.

I don't like some of what the Democrats do but only the current Republican party wants to strip Americans of their rights.
That is simply false in my view. Trump took his contesting the election way too far, but he left the office when all his options ran out. I thought he should have given up when he lost his court cases, but he thought different. Now the Democrats are trying to use the DOJ to try to remove a political opponent. Both sides play dirty, even if you can't see that. As I said, I am not a fan of Trump, but I can't get behind the Democrats who want to push an agenda I simply don't believe in. Again, the Democrats are more dangerous, simply because they are more powerful. And that's not even getting into the way they are flooding the country with illegal immigrants intentionally.

Upvote 0