Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here's some good news for a change, especially if you are an animal lover!

Dog rescues abandoned baby
Canine finds newborn in remote field, carries it to owner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 12, 2003
12:30 p.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A sheepdog has pulled off a real-life rescue reminiscent of the feats of the famed Collie from the 1950s television show "Lassie."

Collie star of 1950s 'Lassie' television show

Police in Raducaneni, Romania, say the dog found a newborn wrapped in swaddling clothes in the middle of a remote field, reports the Realitatea Romaneasca newspaper.

Thinking on its paws, Vasile the dog carried the bundle in its mouth two miles to its owners' house to get help. Arriving in the middle of the night, Vasile barked and scratched at the door until it roused the attention of folks inside.

"He was wrapped in swaddling clothes, and I got very scared. I thought Vasile stole the baby from somebody's house," owner Elena Florea told the daily. "I called the mayor's office immediately."

Florea said the baby boy appeared to be only a few hours old.

According to the paper, the mayor called an ambulance and alerted the police. Using the baby's clothes and traces of blood from the mother, detectives found the location where the infant was abandoned. Police are now searching for his mother.

The 10-pound baby is said to be recovering at a nearby hospital.

Ironically, this canine heroism took place in Lasi county

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
that is so wonderful. the poor little thing would have died out there if it wasnt for that pup. how in the world did he drag the baby back there??? Makes me think the story isnt true..think about it...

For pete's sake :(

Upvote 0

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I have a collie; they are both intelligent and very strong. There is a downed birch tree in the woods nearby and Raphael routinely picks the thing up and tries to carry it home, it weighs at least 20 pounds.

A ten pound baby should not be a problem for a dog that size.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
sweetkitty said:
For pete's sake :(

for petes sake what????? i thought it was a great story, but after visualizing a dog carrying a baby 2 miles i wondered how he did it...i mean did he have the childs limb in his mouth? besides...i came to a non heated thread to get away from you for cryin out loud. leave me alone.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
for petes sake what????? i thought it was a great story, but after visualizing a dog carrying a baby 2 miles i wondered how he did it...i mean did he have the childs limb in his mouth? besides...i came to a non heated thread to get away from you for cryin out loud. leave me alone.

Did you stomp your wee little foot while typing this?
It's a public forum..I can post where ever I please.
I just find your cynicsm amusing:)

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
Did you stomp your wee little foot while typing this?
It's a public forum..I can post where ever I please.
I just find your cynicsm amusing:)

Is this nastiness necessary, Kitty?

Shaman simply brought up a good point. How did the dog carry the baby two miles?
If it was anyone else who posted what she posted you wouldn't have said a word.

Squeeze The Shaman, if you feel you are being harrassed, I suggest you contact a moderator.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Annabel Lee said:
Is this nastiness necessary, Kitty?

Shaman simply brought up a good point. How did the dog carry the baby two miles?
If it was anyone else who posted what she posted you wouldn't have said a word.

Squeeze The Shaman, if you feel you are being harrassed, I suggest you contact a moderator.

How do you know what I would have or have not said?
She didn't make a point at all in her first post..simply said she didn't believe the story.
And how is posting to a public forum harrassing ANYONE?
Should I say you are harrassing me now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annabel Lee

Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
How do you know what I would have or have not said?
She didn't make a point at all in her first post..simply said she didn't believe the story.
And how is posting to a public forum harrassing ANYONE?
Should I say you are harrassing me now?

What exactly is your problem? If you can't handle Shaman's posts put her on ignore. It's not a difficult concept.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Annabel Lee said:
What exactly is your problem? If you can't handle Shaman's posts put her on ignore. It's not a difficult concept.

And if you both have a problem with me may I suggest YOU do the same..sheesh..take your own advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Annabel Lee

Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
And if you both have a problem with me may I suggest YOU do the same..sheesh..take your own advice.

I don't ordinarily have a problem with your posts, but I do have a problem with seeing a member of this forum being harrassed.

Would you just give her a break for a while.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Annabel Lee said:
I don't ordinarily have a problem with your posts, but I do have a problem with seeing a member of this forum being harrassed.

Would you just give her a break for a while.

Oh really..you know what I call harrassment? It's when someone insists on PMing you even after you have asked them repeatedly to stop.
It's when they call you names and curse at you. It's when they take jabs at you at every opportunity just because it gives them their jollies for the day..I suggest you go talk to your friend to really get an idea of what harrassment CAN be :)

Upvote 0